Sports Personality of the Year?

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Who Will Win The BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2012?

Jessica Ennis
18%
Bradley Wiggins
41%
Mo Farah
14%
Ellie Simmonds
No votes
Andy Murray
18%
David Weir
No votes
Sir Chris Hoy
No votes
Jessica Ennis
5%
Other
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Sports Personality of the Year?

Postby CrispyLog » 11 Sep 2012, 14:12

Why is Jessica Ennis on it twice?

Probably Wiggins I reckon.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby TheLastDodo » 11 Sep 2012, 14:21

Usain Bolt then...............but if they have to be from UK then David Weir.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby ricflair » 11 Sep 2012, 15:26

FishyGinger wrote:
ricflair wrote:Sarah Storey should be on the list.

My thoughts...

Ennis. Simply a no. She won a gold medal, albeit in a multi discipline event, but one gold. Doesn't cut the mustard this year when you look at what others have done.

Ennis' effort though, it's a heptathlon so it's the ultimate speed and power. Surely that's much better than 3 golds all in swimming or golds in 100m and 100m relay as it's the same thing twice.

Farah as he's an arsenal supporter and he can run a long way and wiggins are the others for me, defeating people without really seeming as if he bothered trying.

And yes, joey barton is funny simply because he's a complete c**t but doesn't seem to realise that he is. Should be banned from professional football and given his own tv show in a jeremy kyle format. "Tw@tted with Joseph Barton"

Then you could look at it and say she's not the best in the world at any one event (although one of the best 100m hurdlers!), she's just the best at competing in a bunch of them. She won the gold medal in the even she went in for, and was favourite for... it's great, she did brilliantly, but I couldn't put it up there with something like the TdF.
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby ginsin » 11 Sep 2012, 15:46

My heart says Ennis, because of the disappointment of missing out the Beijing Games thanks to injury and then coming back to win the thing on home soil. My head says Wiggins, though. I think it will probably be Wiggins who will win it, but Andy Murray winning the US Open could swing the vote his way.

It's all terribly exciting and one of the best SPOTY for awhile. Mo Farah could sneak in there too!
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby rbt2 » 11 Sep 2012, 18:44

I reckon Mo Farah should do more than sneak into it, ginsin.
He's the clear winner for me.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby ginsin » 12 Sep 2012, 00:59

Well Andy Murray and Mo Farah are both Gooners, so either of them two winning it would be cool. :mrgreen:
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby ricflair » 21 Sep 2012, 00:24

Paradaz - UK wrote:Wiggo without a shadow of a doubt, whilst loads of people got their Olympic Gold(s) and could have won Sports Personality of the Year in almost any other year, Wiggo not only decimated the field in the Time Trial to get his Gold, he's hammered everyone else into oblivion in previous Olympics too....yet the massive cherry on top is the TDF win that was on a scale that dwarfs anything else that has happened this year/decade/possibly century.

There is a reason no brit had won it before....it's a 3 week ultimate endurance man test, there's certainly no chance that a southern nonce or cockney wide boy has ever got a hope in hell of winning it.

And as others have said, Wiggo is a good blerk and doesn't have his head rammed far up his own ass like many athletes and especially kiss-ballers making him an instantly likeable chap.

Special mentions to Jess Ennis, Mo Farah, Andy Murray, David Weir, Sarah Storey and many other Olympians/Para Olympians but are they going to be at the top of the pile in another 4 years time come the Rio Olympics? I'd wager not all of them.

Ummmmm..... unless I'm reading that wrong.... isn't Wiggins from Kilburn? In London. Or are you going to say he's Belgian?!?
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby rbt2 » 21 Sep 2012, 18:47

Paradaz - UK wrote:Tricky one...born in Belgium, schooled in Kilburn, lives in Lancashire.

He supports Liverpool so he's obviously not a quiche-eating cockney nonce.......that's irrelevant I guess, the mitigating factor is that he's a good bloke so he can't possibly be a southern mincer.

But rides a bike for a living and has a stoopid surname.
And is a norvernah.
With a southern accent.
And therefore a Liverpool fan.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Lady Gagagged » 23 Sep 2012, 15:21

I'd say Ennis for a multi disciplined sportsperson deserves it but the years is Bradley Wiggins.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Previous