to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Top 5 favourite films

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 07:57

The two Matrix sequels are s**t and completely ruin the first film.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 12:30

spaceman_DOUG wrote:The two Matrix sequels are s**t and completely ruin the first film.


I realise that this is the general consensus, but I disagree; the sequels are an entity of their own, only loose sequels, if you will. Although it does get a bit stray when he does the Matrix s**t in the real world.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 12:37

In the first Matrix they take inspiration from philosophy. In the sequels they take inspiration from guns, wire-fu and running about a bit.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 13:39

spaceman_DOUG wrote:In the first Matrix they take inspiration from philosophy. In the sequels they take inspiration from guns, wire-fu and running about a bit.


Then that's where we differ; I don't give a toss where it comes from, where it goes, or anything else; all I care about is what it is and what it does. And there's plenty of philosophy in the sequels, so I'm happy.

I didn't mean for that to be as aggressive as it probably sounded; I'm not trying to start an argument.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 13:53

Where's the philosophy in the sequels?
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby rbt2 » 14 Jun 2011, 14:09

I agree with Doug. The last 2 sullied the memory of the first.
Also, the director made a very bad error with the last one...never kill the main charcter off too early
Having said that, Reeves probably read the script and asked to be.
User avatar
rbt2 76
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: 30 May 2010, 18:47
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: rbteagle

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 14:39

spaceman_DOUG wrote:Where's the philosophy in the sequels?


Well, there's quite a bit with the Merovingian, for example.

What I like about the philosophies in it is that they conflict from time to time; I think it shines a light quite well on the fact that philosophies are just words of wisdom, thus separating it from the cold hard facts that make up science. Given that my head is mostly filled with science, I find it quite refreshing.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 14:47

Funny, because what I like about philosophy are the cold hard facts and how it's separated from other sciences because it uses no assumptions.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 14:51

I think we may be getting our definitions of philosophy tangled up.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby ricflair » 14 Jun 2011, 15:00

Don't start a conversation about definitions with doug.
Woo
User avatar
ricflair 76
 
Posts: 12726
Joined: 19 Feb 2008, 23:13
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 15:02

ricflair wrote:Don't start a conversation about definitions with doug.


Oh, I'm starting a conversation about definitions with doug. Because I'm crazy and overconfident.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 15:06

Wikifuckingpedia wrote:Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby Gaseous Snake » 14 Jun 2011, 15:10

spaceman_DOUG wrote:
Wikifuckingpedia wrote:Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. It is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.


Critical, systematic and rational are three words not synonymous with factual.
Watch this, it had me in tears laughing:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/211e2f184a/metal-gear-awesome

Also, could people please tell me that they're from CVG in their friend requests, otherwise I won't accept them. Cheers.
Gaseous Snake 35
 
Posts: 651
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 12:48
PSN ID: FERRARI_3

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 14 Jun 2011, 15:14

They are in philosophy. They're all logical ways to determine what is fundamentally right, or true.

Also, my name does start with a capital letter, it is a proper noun.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter
Image

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
User avatar
spaceman_DOUG 69
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: 13 Mar 2008, 12:59
Location: United Kingdom
PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Re: Top 5 favourite films

Postby gmcb007 » 14 Jun 2011, 15:20

  • Back to the future
  • Die Hard
  • Goodfellas
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Shawshank Redemption
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
User avatar
gmcb007 63
 
Posts: 5445
Joined: 15 Feb 2011, 21:28
Location: United Kingdom
Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

The forum teamDelete all forum cookiesAll times are UTC [ DST ]