The Mod Situation On Here.

Website announcements, tips for users, welcome pages and feedback

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The Mod Situation On Here.

Postby Rob Crossley » 19 Oct 2012, 17:33

El Mag wrote:Just hope it doesn't cause arguments about which Mario Kart 64 character was the best now.

It was obviously Yoshi.

I was a Bowser man, funnily enough.

I know he sucked on acceleration but I just thought he was cool.

Have stood by him all these years.
Associate Editor, CVG
Opinions above are my own, not employer's.
Rob Crossley
CVG Staff

Postby Bambis Dad » 19 Oct 2012, 18:10

Diddy Kong Racing p**sed all over Mario Kart 64. Now I'll accept your apologies and man up and go back to being Lady Gagagged.......
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Carbon64 » 19 Oct 2012, 19:25

^^^^^
What Gagged said !

StonecoldMC wrote:To Off Topic, Carbon. Post haste :wink: .

I went , I read and now I'm going back cause I'm assuming there's yet more :lol:
Carbon64 57

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby Balladeer » 19 Oct 2012, 19:39

Bambis Dad wrote:Diddy Kong Racing p**sed all over Mario Kart 64. Now I'll accept your apologies and man up and go back to being Lady Gagagged.......

Don't make me post Fry again. DKR was monkey dung compared to 64.

And I liked both Bowser and Yoshi, so I'm going to sit around enjoying the feeling of sharp fencepost digging into my backside.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby Carbon64 » 19 Oct 2012, 19:44

Was not ! The rubber banding in MK64 is rediculous , DKR's better if just for that.
Carbon64 57

Postby rbt2 » 19 Oct 2012, 19:45

DKR better than Mk64?

Oh do f**k off.

Please!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Balladeer » 19 Oct 2012, 19:52

Carbon64 wrote:Was not ! The rubber banding in MK64 is rediculous , DKR's better if just for that.

The rubber-banding's a point in DKR's favour, as were the graphics and the one-player mode. That's up against superior track design (i.e. I remember some of the Mario Kart ones), an infinitely better power-up system, characters I didn't want to maim (save maybe Toad), a better multiplayer and powersliding that was actually satisfactory.

Planes and hovercrafts cancel out (one good, one bad), leaving DKR choking pathetically in MK64's slipstream.

Balladeer 78

Postby Carbon64 » 19 Oct 2012, 19:56

Single player for DKR , multiplayer for MK.......sounds about right to me. And it's 2 points behind going on your system , that's hardly pathetic !
Carbon64 57

Postby Bambis Dad » 19 Oct 2012, 19:58

Genuinely Balla, what made MK64 better? Was it the not so precise handling? Was it the not so polished graphics? Was it the fact it had less variety of game modes? It did have you can now have bigger engines means tricksier opponents on the same courses that will become a breeze once you've beaten the game once, did you not enjoy a challenge?

EDIT You've answered, how you can say track design was better in MK64 is beyond the pale frank quietly. DKR had tracks that were designed to be played with various vehicle's, sodding fantastic in multiplayer. Couple that with how different vehicles responded to your character unlike MK. And I like Toad.

Bambis Dad 52

Postby Balladeer » 19 Oct 2012, 20:01

Carbon64 wrote:Single player for DKR , multiplayer for MK.......sounds about right to me. And it's 2 points behind going on your system , that's hardly pathetic !

Unfortunately one of those points happens to be "items". Another happens to be "track design". Another happens to happen every bloody corner. The points do not have equal weight!

Carbon has no clue about good games. I think we need to seriously re-evaluate whether he deserves to stay on this forum. :P

Bambis Dad wrote:Genuinely Balla, what made MK64 better? Was it the not so precise handling? Was it the not so polished graphics? Was it the fact it had less variety of game modes? It did have you can now have bigger engines means tricksier opponents on the same courses that will become a breeze once you've beaten the game once, did you not enjoy a challenge?

EDIT You've answered, how you can say track design was better in MK64 is beyond the pale frank quietly. DKR had tracks that were designed to be played with various vehicle's, sodding fantastic in multiplayer. Couple that with how different vehicles responded to your character unlike MK. And I like Toad.

Gagagged too. All MK64 needed was Vs and Battle (and perhaps Time Trial if you're a boring person). And the better graphics only mentioned that Timber the Tiger's drug-addled eyes could be better rendered. I fail to see how this was a good thing.

Balladeer 78

Postby Carbon64 » 19 Oct 2012, 20:13

You only counted them as one point though , you said better track design so that's only one point. ..........eh can't think f anything for items..........bastard I have to give you that one since that one didn't have the flying blue shell :( Damn.
Carbon64 57

Postby Bambis Dad » 19 Oct 2012, 20:36

Vs and Battle, remind me how they address my other points? Also items, sure you have more variety in MK64 but they were mostly pants or luck of the draw. DKR took precision and tactics into account. Also your tracks were all the same. In DKR you could be in a kart, me in a plane, Carbon in a derigible, we'd take differing routes and power ups became compensatory to each vehicle's weaknesses.

I've just realised the difference DKR was the thinking man's game. Explains why you rely on Fry to fight your corner. ;)

Bambis Dad 52

Postby Balladeer » 19 Oct 2012, 20:48

As mentioned above, the planes were good, the hovercrafts were bad, and they balance out in the end. That the variety existed at all was a point in its favour.

The power-ups were perfectly tailored to a single-player mode, but they removed all fun from the multiplayer. The randomness of Mario Kart is often complained about, but it's the reason that multiplayer games are always close and tense rather than "I-know-every-turn-in-the-course-therefore-I-win".

I use games to relax because I think hard enough in everyday life! Anyway, remembering the layouts of 20 courses doesn't make it "the thinking man's game": neither required that much intelligence, just memory. But if you're going to insult my choice of pictures, I have no choice but to bring out the big guy:

WHERE IS YOUR T.T. NOW?

Balladeer 78

Postby Carbon64 » 19 Oct 2012, 20:58

Go Gagged !

Also Balla if you get rid of me you'll be damn near enough the only other Pokemon fanboy left ! Good enough reason for me to stay I think :lol:
Carbon64 57

Postby Balladeer » 19 Oct 2012, 21:03

You may think you have won, Carbon, but I have an ace up my sleeve!

(dirty dirty dirty dirty)

Balladeer 78

PreviousNext