to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Passwords

Website announcements, tips for users, welcome pages and feedback

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Passwords

Postby StonecoldMC » 23 Aug 2012, 14:13

So, myself and a few others got a message alert about our passwords and them being changed??

Already PM'd a few folk but if any Admin or anyone looks in here, can you give us an idea if this was you or have we just been hacked?

Cheers

Stone
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: Passwords

Postby CrispyLog » 23 Aug 2012, 14:18

The message said the encryption for passwords have been changed, so sounds like an increased security measure due to an attempted hack or just improving the security.

Password isn't changed, but how they are stored and verified server end has been changed. I think that's what's happened anyroad, not sure the need in the message though.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby TheLastDodo » 23 Aug 2012, 15:22

I didn't get a msg or PM but I've been experiencing this too.

I was signed in last night on my laptop, then today I have to put my password in again even though I never signed out.

I was wondering if it was something up with my PS3 as I usually visit the site and post more on there, I popped on it this morning and got that msg then I turned it on again about ten mins ago, same msg.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dicky1993 » 24 Aug 2012, 10:41

yeah cvg you been hacked?
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby Lady Gagagged » 24 Aug 2012, 20:48

Is this why my copy of Darksiders 2 hasn't turned up yet? Also the lady next door has been complaining about her underwear disappearing, probably up the crack of her harris, but who knows, is CnVG at fault?
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 25 Aug 2012, 00:17

Lady Gagagged wrote:Is this why my copy of Darksiders 2 hasn't turned up yet? Also the lady next door has been complaining about her underwear disappearing, probably up the crack of her harris, but who knows, is CnVG at fault?

My bad, LG.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Kornel » 05 Oct 2012, 10:47

We have been making changes to our signup/login systems since the end of August that may result in some of you seeing the "your password has been updated to a higher strength of encryption" message. This is nothing to worry about and you will only see the message at most once. Most of you won't see it at all.

Neither CVG nor your account have been 'hacked' if you see this message, it is simple the result of routine improvements in site security.
Kornel
Admin Team