to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

We want to keep improving CVG - tell us what you want

Website announcements, tips for users, welcome pages and feedback

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: We want to keep improving CVG - tell us what you want

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2012, 09:24

TheLastDodo wrote:
slick loose wrote:I'm fighting a losing battle with the mods, basically Izo wants to ban all the regs acting out to teach everyone else a lesson. The lesson being "Don't f**k with the mods."

You've probably seen it by now but can you not see why some people are getting a bit worked up?

Clearly some are getting worked up more than others but y'know I said it earlier, some are only here for the community now, if one is "forced out" then others will likely walk.

I'll be honest I may be one of those that would consider walking if such a situation arose. I'm fully aware I'm just another spoke on the wheel and the wheel will keep turning whether I'm here or not and don't get me wrong I still like the site but it's not a patch on where it was when I signed up, I'm mainly here for the community now and the vibe of the community is at a low at the moment, at least since I started visiting CVG it is.

God knows how this will all get sorted, as has been stated CVG is a gaming website but all this, I dunno, "negativity" is creeping into every area of the site now. Every website is going to have "bad apples", you can't get away from that but f**k me, it's just not worth it if you're not enjoying it is it?

Slick has either got carried away or has the total wrong end of the stick

No one is going anywhere unless its deserved. If everyone just tales a step back, chills out and reverts back to acting like a grown up, then by this time next week everything will be back to normal. Well as normal as normal can get around here :wink:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Oct 2012, 09:41

Or he feels like his equally valid opinions don't matter and it's left him frustrated.

I mean really, all this is because rbt and Doug had yet another set to. It's happened loads before and it'll happen again. New rules weren't needed when everybody already knows how it goes with an argument, then a few quiet days, then everything is normal then another argument a few weeks after.

Instead of clamping down hard on the few that frequent general, off topic and these less visited forums more should be done in the widely used articles. But it seems most of the moderation team don't even go there, read the stories or use the site much.
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby flash501 » 19 Oct 2012, 09:54

Page 6 was brilliant. I hope it helps to improve the site!
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2012, 10:07

Queen Skillage wrote:Or he feels like his equally valid opinions don't matter and it's left him frustrated.

I mean really, all this is because rbt and Doug had yet another set to. It's happened loads before and it'll happen again. New rules weren't needed when everybody already knows how it goes with an argument, then a few quiet days, then everything is normal then another argument a few weeks after.

Instead of clamping down hard on the few that frequent general, off topic and these less visited forums more should be done in the widely used articles. But it seems most of the moderation team don't even go there, read the stories or use the site much.

Go into Off Topic and this forum and see how many threads and comments there are about Mods and how s**t we all are, look at rbt's crusade to get Izo kicked out of being a Mod. Some posters are like a dog with a bone and just wont let go of the situation, its starting to get quite sad.

I was back in from the pub last night when I was reading through all of this and I felt like saying f**k it, im not coming back here anymore, then Reeg's post nearly made me p**s myself from laughing and I thought f**k it, why let a few spoil it.

I will say this though, if Izo is forcibly removed from being a Mod, then ill not just stop being one I wont be back on this site. Its not a threat, me thinking Im something special or me being a drama queen. Ric made a brilliant post in Off Topic that I just wish a minority of posters would read, understand and implement. And it is just a minority that need to read it.

Oh, and Flash was right, page 6 was brilliant :D !

f**king Peace People :lol:
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Oct 2012, 10:15

Then go to the articles and see a blatant troll user in JBoo that posts once a story about the 360, never replies to anything but is still here getting away with it. The last one was a few minutes ago.

Sad is the right word.

The inconsistency that is.
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby Samildanach » 19 Oct 2012, 10:28

Well, I fear I could be to blame a bit there. I don't really go into the Articles section as I would just go apeshit and ban half the people in there. So it's basically Stonecold on his own. I'll try and mod a bit more in there but the level of stupidity hurts my eyes, it really does.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2012, 10:29

Do you mean the Xbox 360 revenue down 24 per cent, 1.7 million units shipped thread? JBoo posted a smiley face :D . Thats all he did. He might be a Fanboy and he might be blinkered to his love of Sony but no one reports him, the only time I issue a warning or send a PM is when a report is made. I have and do try to interact with users in the comments section and would much rather deal with it that way than hand out warnings or bans, it seems to work, if I do say anything to Stealth, JBoo or Si Simth to name a few then it generally does pan out ok.

JBoo hardly ever gets reports made about him. Maybe if people feel that strongly about his posts, they should?

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Oct 2012, 10:33

So posting a happy face that revenue is down from a known troll doesn't go against this rule.

- No baiting (posts which intend to get a reaction out of someone), uploading a post which is only going to get one type of reaction will result in action taken against you, additionally uploading a post which has no bearing on the topic other then to insult someone will be classed as baiting

Because it seems like it should.
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2012, 10:41

We can take the rules word for word or implement our own common sense and judgement. Posting a smiley face in that thread may construe trolling, if you think it does, report him and ill deal with it. I also look at people like JBoo, stealth and Si Smith as kids and they will hopefully grow out of it in a few years time, they dont ever really attack people verbally or use profane language, things that get highlighted a lot more than obvious harmless trolling.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Oct 2012, 10:46

JBoo is supposedly Si-Smith as well. They seem similar enough. Stealth can sometimes be alright and post normal. He does have epic outbursts though.

I ain't really fussed on all this who is against who stuff, my main issue was the consistency. And Sam is going to help you now in the articles so that's a plus. Don't blame me if he goes mental though!
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby StonecoldMC » 19 Oct 2012, 10:59

Its all Queenies fault everyone, its all her fault :wink: .

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby dicky1993 » 19 Oct 2012, 11:42

:lol: to all this put people on ignore if you don't want to see their posts
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby El Mag » 19 Oct 2012, 11:46

Right then, down to the really important issues that were raised since I last read this.

1. If a meeting is happening it's not allowed to be at Crispy's house.
2. Who's that hairy girl a few pages back and will she be there.
3. Is it now against the rules to use the word chipper to describe a chippy.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 19 Oct 2012, 13:19

Using the word chipper to describe a Chippy should result in all 3 strikes against your name. So on that note to improve the site we should ban all Irish members immediately.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Bambis Dad » 19 Oct 2012, 13:57

I don't know what the rule here is, or if there even is one, but most sites frown on just posting a smiley as a response. It is spam and can be unintentionally taken the wrong way, which would constitute trolling.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

PreviousNext