to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Frustrating site problems that need fixing!

Website announcements, tips for users, welcome pages and feedback

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Frustrating site problems that need fixing!

Postby dicky1993 » 17 Nov 2012, 13:48

still always getting logged out could be my laptop, any suggestions
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby dicky1993 » 21 Nov 2012, 00:38

mm hmm?
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 21 Nov 2012, 19:56

log back in
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Cocacola » 05 Jan 2013, 12:31

No offence but I think that mods need to be more active and start actually modding the forum. If someone is breaking the rules, then do something about it, wether it be locking the topic or giving them a warning. Just saying, rules are rules.
A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two-tired.
Cocacola 47

Postby slick loose » 05 Jan 2013, 15:15

We are not going to go into EVERY thread and read EVERY post to see if the rules are being followed. If you see a problem, please use the report button or even send us a PM.
slick loose 67

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby TheLastDodo » 15 Jan 2013, 23:29

Is there any reason why I log in to CVG Australia instead of UK? When I try to pick UK I get the 404 "page doesn't exist" error page.

Is there any difference between CVG UK & CVG AU?

I've only just noticed this today.

EDIT: I'm on UK site now, I guess it's just those links that are broken.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby shellster2 » 15 Jan 2013, 23:33

TheLastDodo wrote:Is there any reason why I log in to CVG Australia instead of UK?

When I try to pick UK I get the 404 "page doesn't exist" error page.

Is there any difference between CVG UK & CVG AU?

I've only just noticed this today.

You could try deleting your cookies and then logging back in to see if it asks you to choose a region.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby shellster2 » 15 Jan 2013, 23:35

On the mobile version of the site where it splits down the home page into specific areas it gives you the "more news" option for example at the top of the news headlines. You only know you want more news once you've read the headlines and thus you are at the bottom of the list of headlines, whereas the option for more is at the top. A big usability issue there I reckon.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby Queen Skillage » 19 Jan 2013, 14:19

Is anyone else having a problem where you go to open a section and instead it opens a new page to this?
Sometimes I can fix it with a page refresh, if not I have to close the browser.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id481969004?mt=8&affId=1709650&ign-mpt=uo%3D6

:?
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby Bambis Dad » 21 Jan 2013, 22:47

Can't say I have your Madge.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Mar 2013, 16:26

Internal Server Error - HTTP ERROR 500 (NGINX)

Still getting it today guys, last time it was when I was trying to log in, today it was when trying to post a comment.

I've had it on my laptop, using Chrome and on my PS3 using whatever piece of trash the PS3 uses.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 14 Mar 2013, 16:29

TheLastDodo wrote:Internal Server Error - HTTP ERROR 500 (NGINX)

Still getting it today guys, last time it was when I was trying to log in, today it was when trying to post a comment.

I've had it on my laptop, using Chrome and on my PS3 using whatever piece of trash the PS3 uses.

It's happening on OXM, no coincidence that. Stop throwing water at your servers, they work better without it.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 68

Postby Bambis Dad » 14 Mar 2013, 17:11

Stop playing Sim City.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby sonic_uk » 19 May 2013, 14:29

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:This site is becoming an increasingly frustrating experience, 12 months or so ago it was great, everything worked and was nice and clean. Here's the issues that seriously ruin this site at the moment.

1) passwords!! It's so god damn annoying being asked to enter my password every few pages on both my PC and my phone, more so on my phone as its eating away at my limited data allowance. This has only been a problem since last week when you did something to the password encryption.

2) Mobile site is garbage. I can't easily switch between mobile and none mobile version of this site! I can switch to classic but then not back to mobile until about an hour later for when some stupid reason it changes it back to mobile.

Now I'd be more than happy to use your mobile version if I could actually read and write comments. To me the comments are the best thing about the articles, so having to go into article comments to read them and find the story separately is frustrating.
For that reason I have stopped reading the vast majority of articles all together.

3) This is the worst offender for me, numerous pages for one news piece! I've lost count of how many times I've gone to another website to read news pieces because I refuse to click through pages and pages of mini paragraphs. There's just no need for it whatsoever, it makes the experience poor.

Just a simple button for us to click saying 'view whole article on one page' or something like that would greatly improve the site if you seriously do intend on milking articles into so many pages? Better yet using 1 page for all articles but just an option would be great.

4) Adverts, now this isn't one for me as I use an ad blocker so haven't seen a ad on this site for years apart from on my phone, but I know this infuriates a lot of users when you have automatic videos playing when loading pages and pop ups.
I think everyone understands the need for adverts but can we stop with the intrusive ones?

On a final note, sorry if this sounds like I'm throwing my toys out the pram. It's just that I really enjoy coming to this site because of the fellow posters here, not so much for your articles at the moment or up to date news but because of the community.
Now I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's noticed? But this site has been on its arse at late with hardly anyone posting here anymore.

On a more positive note, Rob has been great lately with interacting with members, it's really good to see and he defo seems to care about what people think and takes criticism on bored most of the time.

I agree with everything mate, especially the numerous pages for one article (one recent article spanned 76 EFFING PAGES!!??!) and these issues have actually made me seriously consider whether to go somewhere else.

With the frankly, unneeded and cluttered redesign the forums don't work properly anymore either. I keep getting the "your post contains too few characters" message frequently even though I've typed a wall of text. Please, please sort it out Cvg, for the sake of your users.

Again, like yourself, contrary to what some people may believe, I am not moaning for moaning's sake. I've been a regular user of this site and these forums for over a decade and would simply like the site to be usable and easy to read. Most of the articles are enjoyable and interesting and I return again mostly for most of the other regualr users on here whom I am familiar with and who contribute sensibly and constructively towards the site.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby richomack360 » 21 May 2013, 08:56

Post contains too few characters

Aaaaargh !
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

PreviousNext