to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The last game you completed, and rating.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The last game you completed, and rating.

Postby Multiplayerking » 23 Nov 2012, 01:27

It seems to freeze for a split second every so often because the story is branching off in a random direction depending on what you've chosen to do. I'm happy to excuse it, but I can see how it could annoy you.
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby jim2wheels » 23 Nov 2012, 01:37

It also had some lip-sync issues during some scenes and I had a moment on the train where my view was f**ked so I had to restart from the last checkpoint.
jim2wheels 68

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby TheLastDodo » 23 Nov 2012, 02:42

I just finished Episode 4, not happy about what happened to Lee at the end :(.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 23 Nov 2012, 10:57

CrispyLog wrote:
TheLastDodo wrote:Just finished Halo 4.
Cons
Poor ending
Been a relative newcomer to Halo, the "emotional" parts just didn't work on me.
They still really need to work on explaining events better to newcomers.
Some sections are repetitive, too many "do this then do it again over there then do it again over there" missions.

9/10

The small plot, of Cortana losing it was well explained, but the whole Didact/forerunner/Librarian plot was barely touched on. I only know what was happening because I got all the terminals and watched the videos on Waypoint and that pretty much explained it all. That should have been in the game though so you actually know why the Didact wants to destroy humanity and why he was imprisoned.

I know what you mean about the emotional stuff though. If you've been into Halo for the past 11 years and paid attention o the people then it has more impact, like at the start when Cortana says 'Chief, I need you' then wakes you up, is from the ending of Halo 3 when he says 'wake me when you need me' and there's loads of little nods like that to past games. Still though, the Chief is a f**king beast!

Totally agree about the Terminals, how they weren't in the actual Game was criminal. Having to go to Waypoint and take yourself out of the Game was a major faux pas, cause they were bloody brilliant!

A good summing up by Dodo. For those new to the series it would have been a very very solid entry but for fans of Halo that have been there from the beginning its a bloody fantastic Game!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby sevvybgoode » 23 Nov 2012, 23:40

Walking dead episode 5 - as an episode it was short and didn't have anywhere near the puzzles of the previous episodes but some of the set pieces were spectacular. The walk to the motel was very cool indeed and when the western music kicked in lee went all tyrese on them.

As for the ending I honestly thought it was perfect. I'd like to see how series 2 turns out as kirkman has previously said he's tempted to introduce clem into the comics so maybe we will see her join up with rick, Carl et al.

As an episode I'd give it an 8.

As a whole series I can't give it less than a 10, bugs and all. Possibly the best storyline in games this gen and my game of the year. Now back onto the comics!
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby TheLastDodo » 24 Nov 2012, 02:10

The Walking Dead (no spoilers)

Just finished the final episode and yes I got misty eyed at my ending.

The technical issues were a nuisance, mostly minor, my only real negative was the combat system, I found myself dying a few times thanks to the loose crosshair in the more hectic moments which did frustrate me momentarily but that aside, I have no complaints.

I thought it was simply amazing from the first episode to the last. The dialogue, the acting, the atmosphere, I find it very hard to fault. Telltale have created the greatest child character in a videogame in Clementine, she felt real . I never once felt like I had to look after her, I actually wanted to protect her, great writing and Clementine is what developers NEED to look at as the blueprint for child characters in future.

To call it an emotional rollercoaster would be doing TWD a disservice, I've not experienced anything like this in a game before. Some of the things you experience are horrifying and the choices you have to make can be gutwrenching at best or flat out heartbreaking at worst. I love and hate in equal amounts the s**t Telltale & TWD put me through, it wasn't perfect but I think I'd be lying to myself if I gave it anything less than 10/10 and it joins Journey, not only as one of my favourite games of this generation but ever.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby El Mag » 24 Nov 2012, 08:34

David Cage could do with giving it a play and take some ideas from it eh.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby jim2wheels » 24 Nov 2012, 12:34

In fairness to David Cage, the TWD writer had a major say in the script. I've said it before, the game captures the comics perfectly. Unlike the TV show which is just far too shiny with too many pretty folk.
jim2wheels 68

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Multiplayerking » 24 Nov 2012, 12:46

Yep, Merle is so hot it's distracting.

I mean Harper. Now I'm confused...
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby Reegeee » 24 Nov 2012, 18:04

Borderlands 2: Pirates Booty DLC - 8/10

+ Has as much to do and is as good a value as a full retail release. It's longer than both BLOPS 2 and Spec Ops which I recently completed weighing in at around 10 hours.
+ Another set of hilarious characters. The Fear and Loathing style guy is ace and that tranny that gives you the race mission is just a little bit of genuis they threw in.
+ Good new enemy types.
+ Music is ace after you leave Oasis.
+ Entertaining main story.
+ Big levels to explore with many secrets to find.

- Unbalanced difficulty. Too easy for playthrough 1 if you have finished the campaign and on PT2 it's bloody hard as nails but I did it.
- Some of the levels are frustrating in their design. It's hard to retreat cos of stupid bits of fence getting in the way.
- Minor criticism cos you expect this, but most of the new enemies are just reskinned versions of enemies already in the game.
- Disappointing loot.
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby dicky1993 » 24 Nov 2012, 22:48

Metro 2033

i do highly recommend this gem of a game gets a bit boring for the last few levels though but guns are alright, no real point in shops, graphics surprisingly good, couple of annoying glitches, not bad for £4 ask if want details

7/10
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Nov 2012, 00:18

The Walking Dead - Episode 2

It really is a fantastic game that truly tests your reasoning and morals. Some of the decisions I never felt comfortable with either option but that was the scenario and to be fair they did seem like the only available options. It started off gory and never really let up but I have to say I did find it quite disturbing and sickening at certain points.. The story and characters are brilliant and apart from a handful of video game characters in other games I've never truly cared about NPC's as much as i do with this.

My only gripe is the small technical problems. It freezes to often and I've had to turn on subtitles as I just can't understand some of the lines when delivered. Apart from that its superb and everyone should try it.

9/10
dwhlufc 75

Postby TheLastDodo » 25 Nov 2012, 00:49

And it will only get better/worse.

Like having to choose which b*****k to keep, obviously that's a joke but hopefully you get the point.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 25 Nov 2012, 06:46

This might have been asked already or it might be obvious, but can you play those Walking Dead games without having seen any of the TV show? I will get into it at some point, but video games take priority with me. :p

dicky1993 wrote:Metro 2033

i do highly recommend this gem of a game gets a bit boring for the last few levels though but guns are alright, no real point in shops, graphics surprisingly good, couple of annoying glitches, not bad for £4 ask if want details

7/10

No point in visiting shops?! You need to to get those precious scopes and silencers! I really liked the last few levels too, and the special ending is great too ;). If you haven't done a no kills (human) and played it as stealthily as you can on the newer hardest mode (ranger or something) it's definitely worth trying that too The levels of light are really well done, you can shoot out a light with a silenced weapon to help sneak around a guard and feel like the f**king Batman. I'd give it at least a nine but I don't remember any glitches.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Nov 2012, 08:12

@Doug, I've never seen an episode or read a comic.
dwhlufc 75

PreviousNext