The last game you completed, and rating.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The last game you completed, and rating.

Postby Multiplayerking » 12 Nov 2012, 01:59

We're still doing KZ3!
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby Samildanach » 12 Nov 2012, 02:01

Killzone was brilliant when it first came out. It wasn't any way near Halo, but it was still a solid game limited only by the PS2's hardware. I'd love to see a proper remake with the KZ 2/3 visuals and control scheme or even for KZ4 to take a leaf out of the originals book and have 4 player co-op with each character getting a specific job. I'd also like to see Luger and Hakha return instead of Rico.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Bambis Dad » 12 Nov 2012, 14:24

Multiplayerking wrote:We're still doing KZ3!

I jest of course.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Nov 2012, 16:47

Sleeping Dogs

I'm going to pretty much agree with Grolsch's review here so I'll keep it short and sweet.

Pros
Brilliant combat, shooting mechanics and car handling.
Good story, characters.
Good variety of music on radio stations.
Refreshing new setting.

Cons
It's a bit rough in places with noticeable tearing.
Side missions aren't particularly worth bothering with.
I understand their reasons but I would've liked more missions with guns.
As refreshing as Hong Kong setting was, aesthetically it could've done with more variety, you've seen everything HK has to offer in the first few hours.

TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 12 Nov 2012, 18:59

Thsts a good point about the shootouts, mate. There just wasn't enough was there?

My only other gripe would be that you don't really unlock the whole combat move-set until near the end. That's slightly disappointing as that only leaves you with a few short side missions to use the varied combat in. I think they should of let you pay for lessons so it was up to you how quick you learnt all the moves.
dwhlufc 76

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Nov 2012, 19:11

They said they limited em so each shootout should feel special, I get that and it's actually a fair reason but I think there's a fine line between feeling shortchanged and "leave them wanting more" and for me SD falls more into the former. Like I said I get why, they wanted to show off the hand to hand combat but it just felt like a bit of waste to not show off the shooting more too.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby tigertron » 12 Nov 2012, 22:36

Halo 4

10/10

The game just blew me away. I think I've developed an addiction to War games. :lol:
tigertron 44

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 13 Nov 2012, 01:12

Goodness me, the tabloids were right.

Well, I've platnum'd AC3 now, I hope Blop2 and Far Cry will take away the bad taste this has left.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Multiplayerking » 13 Nov 2012, 08:47

spaceman_DOUG wrote:Goodness me, the tabloids were right.

Well, I've platnum'd AC3 now, I hope Blop2 and Far Cry will take away the bad taste this has left.

You have no shame! :lol:
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby jim2wheels » 13 Nov 2012, 09:01

We've all been there...
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 13 Nov 2012, 14:04

Well I was only a few trophies away and I always give stuff a fair go, and I still say the mp is s**t, I mean I'm level 20 and I still haven't unlocked any good abilities so upgrading to the next level off difficulty in wolfpack isn't viable, but the standard difficulty is too easy and boring now. Any other online modes are a little annoying seeing as people already have loads of slightly cheap abilities that at my current level have no counter for, the only mode I did quite enjoy is the basic deathmatch that doesn't use abilities at all, although I'd compare it to playing shipment with no killstreaks, perks or attachments, good for a while but I wouldn't play more than two or three games at once.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby theideal » 13 Nov 2012, 19:47

Assassin's Creed III
To start, I love AC games. I especially love all of the Ezio ones. With that said...
It has some redeeming qualities - Looks lovely, lived-in world, etc. - but they're easily matched by its problems.
Optional objectives (Which, considering it seems the majority of gamers, myself included, have that slight need to collect/finish everything) are a f**king mess. They're counter intuitive, and seeing as the story goes that 100% sync is supposed to be what the character you're playing as would have done during his original journey through the missions, it seems these master assassins bumbled their way through history running up walls and onto fences instead of chasing the target efficiently, and repeatedly smashing into bigger boats and opening themselves up to sinkage to try and expose a pointless weak spot rather than blasting them to the bottom of the ocean from ten miles away with their suped-up hotrod of a ship they just spent months earning the cash for.
It's a wonder anybody ever got f**king taken out.

As nice as the world looks it's pretty dull to play in. The period is a bad setting for an AC game. The buildings are all too small and spread out, and there's no reason to get up onto the rooftops, especially as there always seem to be shitloads of guards up there meaning you get spotted pretty much straight away. And even when you're up there you end up having to come back down again after ten seconds as there's no way to get across the f**king road. The climbing/free-running mechanic has been royally f**ked-up this time too. They've tried to simplify it, and in doing so have made it even more frustrating than it already was. They'd just started to get things going in the right direction in Revelations and decided to throw it all out. There's a guard round every f**king corner too, so as soon as you try and run away you get spotted again at every turn. Chases can go on for hours.

The frontier is boring as s**t too once you get past the initial "Oh, cool". Tree climbing is pointless as you can only climb certain types of tree, so rather than just being able to climb a tree that any ten year old boy with polio could climb to get that feather up on its branch, you have to backtrack half an acre just to find a f**king rock or tree with knobs on to get up there.
Hunting is boring, the horse is slow and there's far too much space between anything of interest so it just leads to a lot of pointless wandering.

Connor is a miserable, boring c**t. I'd have much preferred using Haytham all the way through. He may have been a bit of an arsehole but at least he was interesting. Ezio was always going to be a tough act to follow - imo, along with Nathan Drake, he's the best character this genration - and they proved they could come close to another interesting protagonist, it's just a pity they made us use his douchebag son instead.

I can appreciate some of the great things they achieved with the game world itself so it at least gets some positive points reflected in the score, but all in all it just didn't work as an AC game, there's next to no assassinating for a start.
The world is a great achievement, it's just not very much fun to play an assassin in.

Frustration incarnate.

5/10
Just in case this place goes down suddenly, bookmark...
http://cvgsc.boards.net/
theideal 73

Postby dwhlufc » 13 Nov 2012, 20:47

I was going to rent AC3 after Christmas just to see how it all ends but with each user review I'm put off a little bit more.

Does it end Desmond's story or is that still on going?
dwhlufc 76

Postby theideal » 13 Nov 2012, 20:58

It ends Desmond's story, yeah.
Just in case this place goes down suddenly, bookmark...
http://cvgsc.boards.net/
theideal 73

Postby El Mag » 13 Nov 2012, 21:21

Or does it!

See, this is where the suspenseful music would play and the camera zoom in on everybody's pondering face if it was a tele programme or film.

Doesn't work the same as words on a screen. Balls.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

PreviousNext