to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Anarchy Reigns - UK edition

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Anarchy Reigns - UK edition

Postby dwhlufc » 01 Jan 2013, 16:19

Drum roll please...................£18! :lol:

I don't go for daft accumulators, just small ones and then if I win I put it into a tin with my games fund.

I'm proper sad aren't I? :lol:

dwhlufc 74

Postby EighteenSky » 02 Jan 2013, 16:58

Got my copy this morning, thanks Zavvi, first time they've got a pre-order early or on time since... well forever. Bet they'll go back to being shite now. Ain't gonna start it until I've completed Bayonetta though.

EighteenSky 70

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Jan 2013, 03:00

Watched a vid review of this earlier and I'm tempted to order it now, especially with the lower than usual price.

@EighteenSky, flair, gippo:

Any of you guys enjoying it?

EDIT: Is this right? The Limited Edition contains two exclusive game modes? Unless it's one of those Limited Edition's that you can buy everywhere forever then isn't that a pretty dumb idea for a game that will likely have a small online community as it is?
TheLastDodo 76

Postby ricflair » 14 Jan 2013, 09:39

I've only played through a couple of the missions in single player so far. Controls brilliantly, as you'd expect from Platinum, the 'story' for the campaign is ridiculous, as you'd expect from Platinum.

Combat isn't as nuanced or variable as Bayonetta, which makes sense given it's mulitplayer focus (the main menu has mulitplayer selected instead of campaign when I first switched it on) with more focus on timing than dozens and dozens of different combos - you can button bash most of the basic foot soldiers, but the bosses and larger enemies require a lot more thought.

Not player an arena fighter since the Power Stone games, but it's looking good so far. Won't really know until I take it online though and haven't played it enough for the combat to become second nature! And at the moment all versions are 'Limited'. Given that this is the modern day Sega, I wouldn't be surprised at any stupid decisions, but if they've got any sense they'll stick to this edition.
Woo
ricflair 75

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby gippobeater » 14 Jan 2013, 15:43

I played one chapter and didn't think much of it to be honest. Not a fan of the combat, maybe it's just because i'm playing as a heavy character but it feels slow. The camera probably doesn't do it any favours, the lock on is terrible. Half the time you still miss because you're about a foot too far away to hit the enemy.

Played a bit of the multiplayer, could only find one game and it was a lagfest. I couldn't damage anyone even though I was clearly pummeling them in the face. I've left it for a while and i've started to play MadWorld instead, i'll probably give it another go after. I want to like the game, don't think I will though.

I'm sure my Platinum faith will be restored with Rising, playing MadWorld even though it's repetitive is reminding me of how unique a developer they are. I'd assume the A team at Platinum is working on Rising, while the other teams are working on that Project P100 and worked on Anarchy Reigns. There's Bayonetta 2 too, which means they must have a fairly big team. Kamiya is working on that! He's the man. :P
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 69

Postby ricflair » 14 Jan 2013, 17:06

It doesn't feel in Bayonetta or Vanquish's league to me, but I guess we'll see what the online is like - as that is the real focus.

Kamiya is making W101, not sure about Bayonetta 2. Saito is directing MGR, I don't think he's directed anything before - he was lead programmer on Bayonetta apparently. Yamanaka directed Anarchy Reigns, think it was his first director's job too.

All the guys at Platinum seem pretty on it, but there are few people in the world in Kamiya or Mikami's league! I bought the Edge magazine because it had an interview with them in it - I'm not some Platinum expert! It's worth a read actually - http://www.edge-online.com/features/ins ... bayonetta/

I actually don't think I've got you on my list gippo. I'll add you and maybe we can have a few scraps once I've done more of the single player to get a better feel for the game.
Woo
ricflair 75

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Previous