Assassins Creed Thrice

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassins Creed Thrice

Postby lifebrink » 15 Oct 2012, 11:50

If I have never played any of the AC's before would I be able to get this and enjoy it? Would I understand the story or would I have missed out on stuff related to the first few?

I saw the advert the other day and got a twinge in my ball sack... that normal means I like something
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 63

PSN ID: SunTzu_79

Re: Assassins Creed Thrice

Postby CrispyLog » 15 Oct 2012, 12:19

The problem is that between them there is an over-arching bullshit sci-fi story. Luckily it only pops up at the beginning and end of the game with a couple little bits in the middle so you can just ignore it. But the main gameplay of running around Colonial America will be a self-contained story which you can play on it's own. So yeh, just get it and enjoy it but ignore the sci-fi stuff.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby lifebrink » 15 Oct 2012, 12:41

Sci-Fi?? sounds interesting

Ive honestly never played or know the plot of any of them. Think I might wiki the story line

Time Travel?
Banjaxed:
..a term often used to describe incredible drunkeness. normally used in retrospect however in some prolonged cases of intoxication subjects have been found to admit to being "banjaxed."
lifebrink 63

Postby CrispyLog » 15 Oct 2012, 12:48

You're a chap in 2020 or something, or it might even be now, but a machine has been invented that allows you to go back and see the memories or your ancestor's through your DNA. So the main action of the game is actually just in your head as you relive these past memories. There's an undercover war going on between the Assassin's and the Templars and you are descended from some Assassins who found pieces of Eden, powerful artifacts, so they need you to go into your genetic memory to see what your ancestors did with these artifacts so they can be used today.

That's the general feel of it, it's a it more convulted and confusing because it only crops up at the end and start so is about 5% of every game so you just forget what they're on about really. But as I said, the main game in the memory is self-contained as it'll just be about that Assassin trying to stop the Templars in that timescale and his adventures.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby lifebrink » 15 Oct 2012, 13:01

Think I will give it a go then when it comes out!

You didnt let me down with your Skyrim knowledge so I wont doubt you now :)

Cheers dude
Banjaxed:
lifebrink 63

Postby FishyGinger » 15 Oct 2012, 13:18

I can second him lifebrink. 2 was an excellent game and I can barely remember any of the modern day stuff, only memory bit which was the main game.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby WHITEyy118 » 18 Oct 2012, 17:38

I don't know of anyone that actually likes the modern day part of the game. If anything it actually ruins/gets in the way of each individual game. I suppose someone thought it was a good idea and a way they could produce sequels from. I've had all AC and still don't really not what's going on. I get the general gist of it but personally it doesn't bother me so I choose to just blank it out.

As for AC 3 it's almost a new start so would be perfect time to jump in. No follow on story/characters (except crappy abstergo parts).
WHITEyy118 39

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 18 Oct 2012, 18:59

I like the modern day parts, but that's probably because I'm more interested in "The Truth", Subject 16, what really happened with the god like creatures, Adam and Eve etc. rather than Altaïr/Ezio's side of the story.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Multiplayerking » 18 Oct 2012, 20:45

spaceman_DOUG wrote:I like the modern day parts, but that's probably because I'm more interested in "The Truth", Subject 16, what really happened with the god like creatures, Adam and Eve etc. rather than Altaïr/Ezio's side of the story.

I love those parts too, but my little brain can't handle 'em!
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby WHITEyy118 » 19 Oct 2012, 17:34

Here we go for those who have missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VRRXfc0Kws

A kind video that explains some of the story. Desmond that is, not a spoiler just who he is basically.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby disgustingtramp » 02 Nov 2012, 23:20

This is a really good game, I didn't think I'd enjoy it, but the last one I played was no.2 didn't bother with all that bullshit inbetween and yeah, love it. Story is fantastic.
disgustingtramp 32

Postby Multiplayerking » 03 Nov 2012, 01:08

Have I missed anything important by skipping from ACII to ACIII?
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 03 Nov 2012, 03:09

This game has been infuriating so far, really glitchy, and it looks like it's been hastily put together.

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

Postby ginsin » 03 Nov 2012, 04:38

Is it more glitchy than previous entries then? This is what I've read from the reviews too. Never played the first game, but loved the previous 3 titles - Revelation got boring rather quickly thanks to it being similar to Brotherhood. I'm waiting until AC3 is well under £30 before getting it.
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 03 Nov 2012, 06:50

There's been a few places that I've been unimpressed, problems assassinating even when nearly on top of a target, guards getting stuck in places and their legs wobbling* or their guns floating, and people's mouths being glued shut etc.

Early on in the game a thief steals an apple (or some other red spherical object) while you're walking alongside somebody, naturally I chased after, but when he got around the bend he just stopped and walked away, leaving the red sphere floating in mid air.

Being able to hide in thin foliage right next to enemies is a bit ridiculous too.

It is growing on me however, even if I can't for the life of me understand how to combo kills, I seem to only be able to do it a fraction of the time.

*Sequence 2 spoilers

spaceman_DOUG 69

Next