to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Far Cry 3

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby CrispyLog » 14 Dec 2012, 14:26

ricflair wrote:
Multiplayerking wrote:Not saying this as a joke or anything, it is too unfair to compare games to Skyrim.

That's true. I suppose Skyrim is barely a game; more of a hiking simulator mixed with Top Trumps.

I've got a £20 voucher for the ubisoft store, which would make the Lost Edition £29.99, today's the last day to order before Christmas. I'm tempted.

So it's 49.99 ? f**k that. I think all pre-orders were the Lost expedition edition and all it adds are 2 short missions. Surely you can get it, or the normal edition for £30 without using your voucher?

Also f**k you, Skyrim is not a hiking sim mixed with Top Trumps! I have never once been attacked by a dragon whilst out walking.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby ricflair » 14 Dec 2012, 16:14

CrispyLog wrote:
ricflair wrote:That's true. I suppose Skyrim is barely a game; more of a hiking simulator mixed with Top Trumps.

I've got a £20 voucher for the ubisoft store, which would make the Lost Edition £29.99, today's the last day to order before Christmas. I'm tempted.

So it's 49.99 ? f**k that. I think all pre-orders were the Lost expedition edition and all it adds are 2 short missions. Surely you can get it, or the normal edition for £30 without using your voucher?

Also f**k you, Skyrim is not a hiking sim mixed with Top Trumps! I have never once been attacked by a dragon whilst out walking.

But you have been attacked while playing Top Trumps?

I was thinking it's a bit of a waste, but all the prices in the ubishop are mental. I might just buy another copy of Rayman for the Wii U and then flog it and make £10-£15.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Killermancarro » 16 Dec 2012, 00:45

Something awesome just happened. I was playing this game in the way I think is the most entertaining; griefing bandits. I ambushed two cars, killed the bandits and moved the cars on to the road so they would block the next jeep filled with playmates. I then put C4 on the inside side of each car ready to blow the next wave to smithereens and settled in behind a rock giggling all the time.

After waiting an entire night and being bitten by a rabid dog (rabies....worth it!!) two bandits come strolling down the road (not a jeep but I was out in the rain and getting an itchy LT finger). One of them was drunk, which was hilarious; never noticed that before! They got within a comfortable range to notice their dead friends and came jogging over, panicking as they went. I realised that I wasn't quite positioned to see when they got to the rigged cars and could be in danger of them strolling right through my barricade of pain; I blame the rabies for poor depth perception.

By the time I get into position, one of the men (sober one) has made it past the road block from hell. So I panic and blow it; the one guy gets the fall whack, i think he disintegrated. but to my dismay the other just stumbled and turned around in shock.

HOWEVER.....

The second car closest to the bandit is blown on to it's rear bumper, pivots for a second, and then begins to fall. In this time the lucky son of a mongoose who escaped the explosion wanders backwards straight into the closing maw of car and dirt road sandwich. Squish! A very satisfying result if not totally unorthodox!
Killermancarro 46

Postby billysastard » 31 Dec 2012, 16:15

well to celebrate the year end farcry 3 has retaken the top spot in the uk charts..

1. (2) Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
2. (4) FIFA 13 (Electronic Arts)
3. (1) Black Ops 2 (Activision)
4. (3) Hitman: Absolution (Square Enix)
5. (6) Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
6. (5) Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
7. (8) Halo 4 (Microsoft)
8. (7) Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
9. (9) LEGO Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
10. (21) Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
11. (10) WWE 13 (THQ)
12. (11) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
13. (13) Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
14. (22) Dishonored (Bethesda)
15. (14) Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Electronic Arts)
16. (15) Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
17. (12) Skylanders Giants (Activision)
18. (18) LEGO Batman DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
19. (20) Disney Epic Mickey 2 (Disney Interactive Studios)
20. (16) Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)

Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2012 UKIE Ltd.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Reegeee » 11 Apr 2013, 01:38

Well I was wrong about this one wasn't I? Took a while for me to get into this, and yes it does have it's problems with the framerate, half baked crafting and a s**t bunch of characters/balls story etc. but I'm proper loving it now. It's just an absolute pleasure and shooting a crocodile with an RPG is just never going to get old. :lol:

There's a hell of a lot of game here too. How long did you lot take to finish this? I seem to have been on chapter 5 for bloody years cos it's just so addictive doing the camps, races and all the other s**t.
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby flash501 » 11 Apr 2013, 13:33

It takes a while to complete alright. Probably too long if I'm honest because it started to drag a bit for me roughly halfway through the second island.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Barry316 » 11 Apr 2013, 15:32

Gamecentral have a preview of the Blood Dragon game, they don't seem that impressed really.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/11/far-cry-3 ... e-3592175/
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby Reegeee » 11 Apr 2013, 16:58

It's bizarre they say it has mediocre gameplay and then say it's the same as Far Cry 3 which they gave 9/10.
Reegeee 73

Postby jim2wheels » 11 Apr 2013, 17:13

Two different reviewers perhaps?
jim2wheels 68

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby CrispyLog » 11 Apr 2013, 18:12

flash501 wrote:It takes a while to complete alright. Probably too long if I'm honest because it started to drag a bit for me roughly halfway through the second island.

Yeh I got a bit jaded by all the s**t I was doing. Maybe it would have been better if there was more variety in the mini-mission things, or if there were fewer but bigger and more special?

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Postby El Mag » 11 Apr 2013, 18:56

I wouldn't let the Gamecentral write up put you off, it was ol' white socks Dave Jenkins he just hates everything that isn't Mario.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Carbon64 » 11 Apr 2013, 19:12

i think Blood Dragon looks quite good myself.
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby Reegeee » 12 Apr 2013, 12:46

You know I reckon Dave Jenkins was the little kid who used to do the game reviews on Going Live/Alive and Kicking when I was a lad. I'm sure it was him.

I love the sound and idea of this blood dragon, but we'll see. If it's a linear shooter (Which I doubt) then I don't think it'll be much cop.

Uplay is awesome for this game again. I unlocked a theme, a quality revolver and an extra mission just from my Uplay points. It really makes you want to buy Ubi games does Uplay. I got the App on my phone which is also quite good.
Reegeee 73

Postby CrispyLog » 12 Apr 2013, 14:28

Reegeee wrote:Uplay is awesome for this game again. I unlocked a theme, a quality revolver and an extra mission just from my Uplay points. It really makes you want to buy Ubi games does Uplay. I got the App on my phone which is also quite good.

Mug. Bet they saw you coming a mile off, they love mugs like you!

I bet you hate Sainsburys, think the food is s**t and expensive, but you always go there all the time for the juicy, sweet sweet nectar points.

CrispyLog 74

Postby Reegeee » 12 Apr 2013, 14:58

If a game looked alright and generally got 6/10 around the board, I'd be tempted to get it if it where a Ubi game cos of the points you can get. It's ace, achievements giving you free DLC - brilliant! You can get like an extra tomb on assassins creed and more maps for Ghost Recon multiplayer and stuff. If it was Bethesda doing it you'd wank yourself into next week. :lol:
Reegeee 73

PreviousNext