to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Far Cry 3

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Far Cry 3

Postby flash501 » 10 Oct 2012, 18:55

I must say, I'm really looking forward to this. I've been ignoring all new info on this for quite a while now but I couldn't help looking at CVG's preview this evening and it just looks so promising. The beautiful island setting, the stunning graphics, the madman that wants you dead, the wild animals that attack friend and foe alike etc. etc.

The end of November can't come quick enough!
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Re: Far Cry 3

Postby Reegeee » 10 Oct 2012, 20:42

I reckon this might sneak Dishonoured for my Christmas game. It just sounds massive. Huge open world littered with sidequests and challenges, loads of vehicles, weapons etc. Assassins Creed like bits with the watch towers you take to make bits of the map safe and thus opening up MORE missions, and it has online multiplayer and 4 player co op.

Bloody massive.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby voodoo341 » 10 Oct 2012, 21:18

Really like what I've seen of Far Cry 3 but FC 2 was such a clusterfuck of a game it puts me right off it. I'm going to wait for a few reviews etc before trying it.
voodoo341 75

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 10 Oct 2012, 21:54

Problem with the Far Cry series is that its always been too ambitious for its own good. Far Cry 2 being the perfect example, tons of great ideas shoddily put together into a rather awful game. I personally have no hype for Far Cry 3, but hope it is good as it promises to be.
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 10 Oct 2012, 22:14

I liked Far Cry 3 and I like the look of Far Cry 3, really hope they let you be a bit more stealthy this time (rather than people seeing you from a mile of) and keep a companion like you could in FC2.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby middle finger » 10 Oct 2012, 22:37

I'll pass, just because of those chickens from fc2.
middle finger 63

Postby CrispyLog » 10 Oct 2012, 22:42

Reegeee wrote:I reckon this might sneak Dishonoured for my Christmas game. It just sounds massive. Huge open world littered with sidequests and challenges, loads of vehicles, weapons etc. Assassins Creed like bits with the watch towers you take to make bits of the map safe and thus opening up MORE missions, and it has online multiplayer and 4 player co op.

Bloody massive.

Didn't know that, sounds awesome. More games should have that, be able to take over areas of the map. Dead Island had it a bit.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 2 about from the bugs and stupid design decisions. But for every time you sneak into a base at night with silent wapons btu straight away they spot you and it just turns into a normal gunfight, there's a convoy you have to destroy and you can see it's route and then plant IEDs in a row, spacing about 20foot apart so you hope to get everything, with the first one next to a tree so you can run away and wait until the convoy reaches the tree and blow it then finish any survivors.

If it's got the freedom and dirtiness of the first one, but it's not as frustrating then it could be f**king amazing. If.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby TheLastDodo » 10 Oct 2012, 22:55

Reegeee wrote:I reckon this might sneak Dishonoured for my Christmas game. It just sounds massive. Huge open world littered with sidequests and challenges, loads of vehicles, weapons etc. Assassins Creed like bits with the watch towers you take to make bits of the map safe and thus opening up MORE missions, and it has online multiplayer and 4 player co op.

Bloody massive.

Bipped already.

Apologies to Carbon for even thinking you're in Bippeee's league.

I'll pick it up sometime but with Borderlands, Blops 2 and Halo 4, that's a lot of shooters.
If I've finished Xmas shopping by then and I've nothing SP based to play then I'll consider it this year but failing all that, looks like one for january sales.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Reegeee » 10 Oct 2012, 23:04

:lol: How is that Bippin? I'm saying it's even less likely I'm getting Dishonoured before Christmas!
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby TheLastDodo » 10 Oct 2012, 23:22

You said you were getting Dishonored for Xmas.

Now Far Cry 3 has become the Xmas game (for now ;)) meaning you're backtracking on your decision to buy Dishonored for Xmas.

You're bipping on Dishonored.

It's got so bad you can't even recognise when you're doing it :lol:
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Multiplayerking » 10 Oct 2012, 23:23

It's hard to be excited for this when you just know it might well be a disappointment. I'll wait for the reviews.
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby flash501 » 11 Oct 2012, 02:08

I never played Far Cry 2 when it came out, so, about a month ago, I bought it on the cheap just so I could give it a playthrough before I get number 3. It was only earlier tonight when I finally got round to sticking it on that I realised that I'd bloody ordered Just Cause 2 instead by accident! f**k! :lol:
flash501 78

Postby CrispyLog » 11 Oct 2012, 02:10

This is why we were able to rule your country for centuries.

f**king idiots.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby flash501 » 11 Oct 2012, 02:17

What's all this "we" business?!

All you're good for is shitting on toilet seats or pissing on your passed out friends!
flash501 78

Postby ricflair » 11 Oct 2012, 02:23

Just Cause 2 is a top game! Loads o' fun! Far Cry 2, by most accounts, is a bit poo. So you might've dodged a bullet flash!

To be honest, Reeg bips so bloody much I'm not sure he'll even be gaming by christmas. He'll probably get into archery, or obssessed with searching out family history. Summat like that.

He must be a nightmare to by presents for. I'd play it safe and give him cash.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Next