to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Borderlands 2

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Carbon64 » 23 Dec 2012, 19:25

Ah so your basically hitting whatever it is twice with each shot ? Sounds nice !
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby sevvybgoode » 23 Dec 2012, 23:21

Just done mordecais mission to rescue bloodwing and bloody hell! Thatnk god for my turret on the run up to the boss or o would have carked it every 30 seconds...

Btw what's the best route for the turrets? I have pretty much purely put my skll points into the guerilla route but the final perks on the other 2 look awesome as well... Any advice?
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby Carbon64 » 24 Dec 2012, 02:14

I put mine all the way down the right tree an half way down the left tree and it's served me pretty damn well over my playthroughs !
Carbon64 56

Postby Reegeee » 24 Dec 2012, 17:02

@Sevvy - Those stalkers are a right bastard aren't they?

I keep meaning to level my Gunzerka up, but I'm addicted to just farming the warrior at the moment. I'm beginning to figure out how to use the bee properly now and can pretty much take him out in about 5 minutes now.

Oh and Carbon, he dropped a 20k sniper, best thing is though - It's a Vladof one. :lol: Fire rate is through the roof! I've never seen a Vladof one that high.

EDIT - Went back to Sanctuary and got this rifle

:lol: What a beast. I got one of these ages ago but I thought you could only get one. Back then it was like a level 24, but it's basically the one you get if you tip Moxxi like 15k and she says she'll give you her favourite gun. I've been giving her 15k every now and then but nowt came of it till now and what an SMG that is. Oh yeh, and cos it's Moxxis it vibrates all the time. :D
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Carbon64 » 24 Dec 2012, 18:15

Jesus that's some sniper ! I got another one last night I was going to give you thats 23k but it's the same fire rate as the 22k I gave you , in other words very slow :lol:

I must have have her 100k up to now and I still haven't gotten another set of those smgs !
Carbon64 56

Postby Reegeee » 24 Dec 2012, 18:47

I did actually do something different this time mate. Dunno if it's guaranteed to work but I gave each 1k quite slowly rather than just t**ting triangle dead fast and it worked first time doing it that way.
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 24 Dec 2012, 20:37

When I look at some of the later weapons stats they seem so excessive in comparison to what I've got at the moment... I'm quite proud of my electric sniper that does 800 points of damage... :?

As for those stalkers yes they're sons of bitches... It felt like aliens at points, I swear they were coming out of the walls! The bit for that mission where all the cell doors open and you get rushed was insane. I literally hid in one of the cells and threw my turret round the corner whilst Uzi-ing anything that made it round the corner... At one point my turret had died and I was waiting for it to charge when a tonne of skags and those stalkers charged me.. I was lashing MIRV grenades about hoping it would take out a few so I could mop them up with either my electric Uzi or my acid shotgun when I died and went into fight for your life... Then the last grenade I'd thrown just popped and it's 9 little offspring annihilated all those sons of bitches who'd jumped me. Oh and as I got back up you heard that beautiful turret ready noise.... I freaking love this game...
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Carbon64 » 24 Dec 2012, 22:24

@-Reeg- ah that might have been my problem then , cause I gave her that hundred k in about 20 seconds :lol:

@Sevy- Once you get the double turrets they'll help no end against the stalkers ! and the damage is a lot higher bits thats because everything's so much harder to kill on PT2 , once you get there you'll be thankful for the excess :D
Carbon64 56

Postby Reegeee » 31 Dec 2012, 02:26

Mate, we can so beat Terramorphus now I am sure of it. I've been fighting him on my own and come so, so agonisingly close to doing it. I'm getting used to his patterns and stuff. There is a rock you can sort of semi hide behind for a bit of cover so your Bee shield doesn't get damaged.

I'm genuinely gutted lol. I had him down to like a tenth of his health left. Went into fight for life and he disappeared under ground so I had no tentacles to shoot at.

Tried Pyro Pete too who is just stupidly impossible. He had level 58 spider ants and sewer rats as his back up. That's just taking the p**s.
Reegeee 73

Postby middle finger » 31 Dec 2012, 02:43

Wait till they raise lv cap to 60 then It's going to be p**s easy.
middle finger 64

Postby Reegeee » 01 Jan 2013, 11:21

I honestly reckon with the 3 of us it would be close to p**s easy now anyway.

I've learned joining peoples random games is a good idea. I joined a few games with people just farming pyrocaustic pete and robbed a load of the loot on the ground. Ended up with a few quality class mods for you MF.

Some total random gave me the legendary Torgue rocket launcher aswell for no reason. :shock: Shoots 9 rockets at once. :lol:
Reegeee 73

Postby Carbon64 » 02 Jan 2013, 20:46

Bloody hell sounds like some launcher !

I saw the message you sent the other night Reeg , i would have joined but id fell asleep :lol: i havent been on much either cause iv been getting right into farcry.
Carbon64 56

Postby sevvybgoode » 02 Jan 2013, 21:02

I'm up to level 28 now and it's starting to get rock hard... I'm about to do a mission to get a key from handsome jack? I've got a great shotgun that shoots 3 huge fireballs out that's been my go to in for the last few hours...

I'm tempted by the dlc as the season pass is 20 notes and I'm going to trade in Nfs most wanted on the vita tomorrow... Should I complete the main game before touching the dlc? Is it worth it?
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 02 Jan 2013, 23:33

To be honest mate if you are going to get the DLC now I would put the main quest on hold and do the DLC first. Pirates Booty is supposed to scale to your level as long as you are under level 30 so that sounds about perfect for where you are, and when you've done it you'll be leveled up enough so the main quest isn't rock hard anymore. Plus, both DLCs are a really nice change of pace.

The way I did it is that I did all the sidequests and everything and finished the game at about a level 34. I started on the DLC and it was too easy as everything only went up to level 30, so I had to change it to true vault hunter mode and then all the enemies scale up. Problem is though it was solid then! (If you don't know by the way, True Vault Hunter mode is basically a new game +. Borderlands is intended to be played through twice with each character).

@Carbon - We have to do it mate. :) I joined some random people who had found a way to jump up the side bits against Pyro Pete so he can't get you when you shoot him. I have 17 Seraph crystals now, but the Seraph guns all cost like 120 each! b*****ks!
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 03 Jan 2013, 00:32

Cheers for that reegee... I'm probably gonna grab the season pass tomorrow then and go through the dlc before I complete the main game then. I've heard you get some awesome weapons from the torgue dlc so I'm looking forwards to that.

Btw there was another golden key code released yesterday. CJ53B-66ZH5-JWK5T-9TKB3-JHC39
sevvybgoode 53

PreviousNext