to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Borderlands 2

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby middle finger » 05 Jan 2013, 17:50

Golden keys are basically free dlc.
middle finger 64

Postby Reegeee » 06 Jan 2013, 00:18

Totally. It's ridiculous how many games make you pay for shite like character skins and weapons, but these guys keep interest with free stuff like this. I bet it has generated a s**t load of season pass sales. Smart, smart move.

@sevvy - it would be a pleasure mate. Going into a game with a load of level 35 cursed pirates has me licking my lips. They are the bane of my f**king life so having 15 levels on the f**kers will give me some serious revenge. :mrgreen:
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby sevvybgoode » 06 Jan 2013, 09:15

Nice one reegee... I'm off to work now (bloody overtime) and I'll be playing coop with the boy when I get back but I'll be up for some online co-op anytime after 7:30ish. Whens best for you?

Oh and the enemies on captain Scarlett are bar stewards so far, those new stalkers take the p**s... :shock:
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby Reegeee » 07 Jan 2013, 01:44

I should've joined you when I saw you last on mate. As a rule I reckon I should be on around 10 but I've ended up going for a few whiskeys recently so we'll see. All the more time for you to catch up though if you are on! :)

Can't wait for the DLC but I'm also dreading it in a way. I saw an interview with the developers not so long back and they where on about how hard it was and how every enemy levels up like Goliaths do. Watch it here (I love the woman from Destructoid - she is pure sex) Looks really good, but harder still?! Getting Seraph crystals and stuff is hard enough as it is! Those Witch Doctors make Cursed Pirates sound like pansies.

Plus, the Drifters from General Knoxx are back. NOOOOOOO!!!!

Also, it's slightly annoying watching that video. On the one hand I applaud them for doing the demons souls thing and going for the hardcore market, but on the other I watch that video and am s**t scared that the guy is just scraping through the levels with the conference call and the other legendary guns that I don't have a bloody hope of getting. :cry: He's a lower level to be fair though.
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 07 Jan 2013, 09:23

No probs reeg... I've played a little this weekend but due to work not as much as I wanted. If you see me on just message me.

I've been playing with my son so unless I do quests at my level I'm stuck getting 1xp for most baddies as he's around 10 levels lower then me... Although I have done the angel story mission now so I'm nearly done on playthrough 1. I'm gonna complete the dlc first though although hammerlock is out next week!

Dd you hear the rumours about a second season pass and the level cap?
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 07 Jan 2013, 11:10

I did about the level cap, but I didn't hear anything about a second season pass. Secretly I've really been wanting that so that's ace if true.

I saw something with Randy Pitchford where he said the 4th DLC is going to be a really big expansion, even compared to the other DLCs and also an interview where they go on about the level cap and how they will increase it in quarter 1 of this year. SO plenty to look forward too.

Oh, and you still have a way to go yet. :) I thought that bit with Angel was right at the end too, but there are still a few areas for you to visit with quite a few sidequests.
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 07 Jan 2013, 17:54

Ok cool... It talked about going to face the warrior and I've heard that's kinda the last boss... I'm gld though as I dont really want to finish the story yet?

I've heard that the 4th dlc will likely include the level cap ncrease and that there might be a 3rd playthrough option for a second season pass!

This game just keeps giving tbh... :D
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 08 Jan 2013, 02:35

Yeh, in terms of just story missions there isn't a huge amount left but I think there are still a few sidequests after the Angel mission. I might be getting mixed up with the bunk3r mission though.

Cracking news about the DLC/PT 3 plans. I would defo buy a second season pass with the way the DLC has been going. I've loved every minute of it so far.

I keep missing you fellas but I've been soldiering on and been getting some bloody insane weapons now I'm mopping up the side missions from PT 2.

Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 08 Jan 2013, 20:25

Holy moly that rocket launcher is insane... :shock:

I picked up a level 25 version of that from the eridium blight that a giant bullymong (i think it was called King Mong I think?) dropped after I killed it. It only does 6k x 3 damage though...

I'm going to complete the main quest tonight I think and then I'm going to mop up the remaining side missions I have left. I've done nearly 100 side missions so far and I think I read there isn't that many more left tbh. I've levelled up to 32 now and I've unlocked the slag turret fr my commando. It's an absolute beast!
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 09 Jan 2013, 01:28

Yeh if you are level 32 you are pretty much done with PT 1 I reckon. I think I was 34 when I finished. Having said that I'd done none of the DLC.

I need to join you to do the end of Pirates Booty on PT 1! I keep getting on around half ten when everyone is switching off!

I'm desperate for someone to help me on Terramorphus now. So many times I've got so close, but if there was just someone there to distract him sometimes I reckon I could do it in 10 mins I'm damaging him so much now. It's just that it's so hard when he brings those fire tentacles out, the one time I managed to get past that bit I slipped off the rock when he went into his black hole mode and he managed to kill me when he had hardly any health left at all. Gutted!

It's weird joining other peoples games. I joined one where there where just legendary weapons all over the floor. Joined another where we where a whisker away from beating Hyperious! (Which I thought was pretty much impossible)
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 09 Jan 2013, 14:26

I'll give you a hand if you want reef but I'll probably get hammered... I'm doing a lot of overtime at work so I can only really play between 8-11. If U see me on and want a hand message me mate.
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 09 Jan 2013, 15:09

I'lll try and get on a little earlier mate, i've been getting on about half ten/11 recently but I'll see what I can do. Mf was on about being on at ten aswell so with 3it should be a piece of p**s hopefully. You'll do f**k all damage though :lol:

Another thing I wanna do is that bar room blitz third round at one point. You can end up with a few torgue tokens from that so I might try and do that a few times and save up for 1 of the orange guns in the machine.

I should really play far cry 3 lol but I just can't be arsed. If I saw Jim or dodo on I would happily join them with a lower level character. Just totally addicted. :lol:
Reegeee 73

Postby sevvybgoode » 09 Jan 2013, 17:58

I've seen that bar room blitz mentioned as a farming spot for torgue tokens. Someone on ps3 trophies said you can get hundreds in 10 minutes by getting a level 50 to do it on a lower level characters playthrough as they sync to the hosts level. I'll help out with that too. I'll deffo be on tonight but I'll not be on that late. I've been working 12 hour days so in knqckered!
sevvybgoode 53

Postby Reegeee » 09 Jan 2013, 18:35

That's awesome that is I never knew that. I was looking for a way to get a load of tokens so I can get that 'unkempt harold' pistol out of the machine. The good thing is that everyone in the party gets all the tokens that are picked up rather than everyone going on a mad dash. Same with those seraph crystals too. I've joined peoples games where I couldn't even find the rest of the party but ended up getting like 20 crystals that they must have picked up.

I'll try and get on mate but it just depends on when I get home. I'm actually saved in the warrior bit at the moment so I might beat him a few times if I'm too late
Reegeee 73

Postby middle finger » 10 Jan 2013, 00:13

I couldn't make it, tomorrow is the day for terramorphus.
middle finger 64

PreviousNext