The Walking Dead - BIG MASSIVE CRAZY SPOILERS IN HERE

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The Walking Dead - BIG MASSIVE CRAZY SPOILERS IN HERE

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 25 Nov 2012, 21:00

Ive just finished the game, ill post everything that I chose and the consequences. Be warned if you want to play through again without knowing what happens with the choices there may be some spoilers (I seemed to choose the exact opposite bloody answers to everyone else lol).

Chapter 1:

Lied to Hershel, he didnt take kindly to it. f**k him. Chose to save Duck instead of Shawn, that got Kenny on my side but also got us kicked off the farm, again f**k Hershel! In the pharmacy I defended Kenny and gave Irene the gun....wait who the f**k is irene....never mind. Kenny and Lee seemed to be making a good team, which didnt last long really. Finally I chose to save doug (not a very popular choice at 23%) but im glad I did, Doug is the man!

Chapter 2:

Started off with shooting david, decided it was kinder than leaving him to be eaten. I then shot Jolene, the crazy woman. Apparently only 12% of people shot her, guess you other 88% like crazy bitches snatching yo kids. I helped Lsrry despite him being a gigantic bellend, purely to get his daughter on my side, which again didnt end well. I stabbed the first St John brother with a pitchfork infront of Clementine, which didnt go down well at all, but let the other live. Finally I stole food from the car, which had a HUGE affect on the end of the game (maybe).

Chapter 3:

Started off with the girl in the street, I dont know her, f**k the bitch and save a bullet. Then s**t got real, Lilly blamed Ben (rightfully it turned out) for stealing supplies. I stuck down the middle but Lilly was p**sed, she goes to shoot Ben, but the hero of the day Doug jumps in front of Ban, sacrificing himself (fairwell sweet prince). Lee is now one angry motherf**ker and leaves Lilly by the side of the road, he doesnt regret it either. Next we had to fight Kenny because he was going mental, but felt sorry for him so shot Duck for him. Upon meeting Omid I pulled him onto the train first, but Christina managed to get in to so I dont know what he was so angry about, maybe say thank you buddy!

Chapter 4:

I made Kenny shoot the boy in the attic, not a popular move at 24% but Kenny needed the kill, we then buried him in the same grave as his dog which I found hilarious for some reason. I was rational with Vernon, decided not to get shot. I then brought Clementine to Crawford, which I was uneasy about but it turned out ok. I didnt let ben fall to his death, after defending him god knows how many times I was damned if I was gonna let him die now. Finally I didnt reveal my bite to the group and went alone, again unpopular at 19%.

Chapter 5:

Oh boy, drama. Started off with chopping off Lee's arm. Im not sure if not doing so means he dies quicker, but we manned up and sawed that s**t off. Apparently I lost my temper with Kenny, but I think that was more me not understanding which option to pick. Ben fell from the balcony and got impaled, which didnt surprise me as the kid literally couldnt go 5 minutes without mucking something up. Kenny went for the stupidest death in history award by needlessly dying, when he could have shot ben and ran with me, what a pillock. When talking to clementines captor, I gave all my weapons away, never take a knife to a gunfight and all that. It turned out that the captive was the guy whos car we raided in episode 2, which was a bit of a mental realisation. Im not sure if this changes in other peoples play throughs? Anyway this guy had his wifes head in a bowling ball bag, and the achievement you unlock for that part was a nice subtle nod towards Se7en. Whilst fighting with Clementines captor I wasnt able to finish the X button mash prompt when fighting, not sure if thats deliberate or because my thumbs were growing weary after a lot of button mashing, but in the end Clem smoked that bitch. Finally, I had Lee cuffed to a radiator, and told Clementine to not waste the bullet. After a teary goodbye, Lee bangs his head on a radiator and dies.

The end.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby slick loose » 25 Nov 2012, 21:09

So Lee never turns? Shame.

Plus you can't go on your own? :roll:

Also, I deffo gave Ben a better death!

Apart from that, was pretty similar...which is disapointing.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 25 Nov 2012, 21:14

Well the story is being told through Lee, so I guess it has to end when he dies. Showing him become a zombie wouldn't really add anything to the story. By having him just die and not showing him turn it just leaves it at the point where Lee the character is dead, which I think is the right way to go.
DAEDALUS79 75

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Nov 2012, 22:45

Episode 3 brought me to a few tears. I don't care if that makes me a sissy but I couldn't stop thinking about my boy during it. This f**king game is emotionally draining and is seriously making me feel guilty even when i think I've done the right thing!
dwhlufc 76

Postby slick loose » 25 Nov 2012, 23:08

All the way through I kept replacing Clem with my daughter, at the end I was VERY close to tears. Putting myself in that position of trying to convince her it's the only way. Twas horrible...but emotionally involving, which is always a good thing.
slick loose 68

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Nov 2012, 23:10

I've never rated a game on metacritic but I feel compelled to rate this. It's so bloody good and deserves as many plaudits as possible.
dwhlufc 76

Postby slick loose » 25 Nov 2012, 23:19

I want it to have as much exposure as possible and I was a bit gutted that f**king Minecraft won downloadable GOTY over this...but this game aint perfect. It's buggy (It's 2012, we are past bugs...or at least able to patch them out), it gives you the illusion of choice (Be a goody 2 shoes or the most evil badass alive and the 2 stories won't differ by any great margin) and the last episode was desperately short (Compared to the previous instalments).

I LOVED this series...but it wasn't perfect, here's hoping Season 2 ups its game.
slick loose 68

Postby dwhlufc » 25 Nov 2012, 23:23

Season 2 confirmed?

I agree with all your points there, mate. It's one of the reasons I won't be replaying it once completed. The other is because I'm playing it making the decisions I think are right at the time. If I go back and start over making different decisions for the sake of it then I feel it will lose abit of its magic its bestowed upon me.
dwhlufc 76

Postby slick loose » 25 Nov 2012, 23:24

I'm fairly certain Season 2 was confirmed.
slick loose 68

Postby El Mag » 25 Nov 2012, 23:43

If the game has taught us anything it's that if there is ever a zombie apocalypse then Daed would leave you and steal your shoes.

Slick would eat you, enjoy it, then moan it wasn't perfect. Then steal your socks and sell them.

Dave would leave you but feel bad about it and carve your name on a decomposing sheep he passes.

MPK would buy the socks from Slick then go back to his sex den with Omid.

And Jim would watch it all from his vantage point on a hill.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby rbt2 » 25 Nov 2012, 23:49

I bought the first episode when it came out.
Played about an hour but haven't been back to it since.
Not because I didn't enjoy it. Just circumstances really.
But after having read a few posts on here, being mindful to not read any spoilers, I bought the rest of the episodes....up to number 5 is it I think?
I had a few quid left on psn so I thought why not.
Really looking forward to getting stuck into this properly now.
Last edited by rbt2 on 25 Nov 2012, 23:52, edited 2 times in total.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Multiplayerking » 25 Nov 2012, 23:50

slick loose wrote:All the way through I kept replacing Clem with my daughter, at the end I was VERY close to tears. Putting myself in that position of trying to convince her it's the only way. Twas horrible...but emotionally involving, which is always a good thing.

Yeah, I kept replacing Clem with my...

My...

Eh...

I pretended she was my PS3.
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 26 Nov 2012, 00:33

El Mag wrote:If the game has taught us anything it's that if there is ever a zombie apocalypse then Daed would leave you and steal your shoes.

Slick would eat you, enjoy it, then moan it wasn't perfect. Then steal your socks and sell them.

Dave would leave you but feel bad about it and carve your name on a decomposing sheep he passes.

MPK would buy the socks from Slick then go back to his sex den with Omid.

And Jim would watch it all from his vantage point on a hill.

Everyone knows that Shoes forts are the zombies one true weakness.

The only real complaint I had against the game was that the saving/loading would often cause it to freeze, which kind of ruined the fluidity of it. I understand that at times this was because its loading your specific choices, but at others its just the autosave causing mayhem.
DAEDALUS79 75

Postby slick loose » 26 Nov 2012, 18:22

El Mag wrote:Slick would eat you, enjoy it, then moan it wasn't perfect. Then steal your socks and sell them.

You let one liability make a sacrifice and you're instantly a murdering c**t.
:lol:
slick loose 68

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 26 Nov 2012, 23:50

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-walking-dead-review/

Gamesradar gave this a 5/5 review

Here is a spolier free snippet: The Walking Dead deals in a spectrum of emotion that few other games dare to take on, and it does so with aplomb. It’s utterly triumphant, crafting a narrative that proves the power of the medium by embracing what makes it unique, leading to one of the most memorable gameplay experiences ever created.

Im really pleased that the game is getting some good reviews, the more positive reviews and purchases this game gets, the more likely it is that a sequel will get a bigger budget, allowing for a way more dialogue options and repercussions that affect the outcome.
DAEDALUS79 75

PreviousNext