Any Reviews: Discussion, Chat and Debate In Here

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Any Reviews: Discussion, Chat and Debate In Here

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 08:22

If most of you are like me,and can't be bothered visiting various sites or don't buy magazines then maybe those who do could all post recent write-ups or scores from other sites or publications for the most recent reviews?

IGN,have score Closure at 8.5.The review is very positive with the writer explaining how the illumination and darkness mechanics are a great puzzle mechanic and that the game never frustrates with repetitive deaths (Limbo) before you can move forward.

Also,I want this stickied! :wink:
dwhlufc 76

Re: Latest reviews

Postby Niknak106 » 28 Mar 2012, 08:31

Or, y'know....there's this?

http://www.metacritic.com/games
....needless to say, I had the last laugh!
Niknak106 58

Xbox Live: Combichrist
Steam: Artimus_Clydefrog
Battle.net: Combichrist#2276

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 10:40

True but then they do put CVG and psm3 reviews on as separate even though it's from the same writer!
dwhlufc 76

Postby ricflair » 28 Mar 2012, 10:43

dwhlufc wrote:True but then they do put CVG and psm3 reviews on as separate even though it's from the same writer!

Not any more they don't!
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Niknak106 » 28 Mar 2012, 10:45

dwhlufc wrote:True but then they do put CVG and psm3 reviews on as separate even though it's from the same writer!

If you're interested in the review scores that other sites give to games, why would you go to metacritic to look at cvg or psm3's review scores?
Niknak106 58

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 10:46

Shows how long it's been since I visited that place.

Maybe I should start a thread moaning about gaming,that'll generate more coversation than the most our topics?
dwhlufc 76

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 10:47

Niknak106 wrote:

If you're interested in the review scores that other sites give to games, why would you go to metacritic to look at cvg or psm3's review scores?

That doesn't even make sense!

When you visit meta critic and click a game it shows all scores for all reviews they've got so far.How could I possibly avoid seeing them?
dwhlufc 76

Postby ricflair » 28 Mar 2012, 10:53

dwhlufc wrote:Shows how long it's been since I visited that place.

Maybe I should start a thread moaning about gaming,that'll generate more coversation than the most our topics?

Do it!!!

Metacritic did used to post the multiple reviews, but I checked a couple of them and they stopped. Good job too, CVG are so lazy recycling their content, and considering they recycle so much of it, they have a shameless lack of reviews.
Future Plc, you bloody idiots.

RIP CVG. Long live CVGSC!! http://cvgsc.boards.net - http://thewildbunchcvg.wix.com/cvgsc
ricflair 78

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Niknak106 » 28 Mar 2012, 11:01

dwhlufc wrote:When you visit meta critic and click a game it shows all scores for all reviews they've got so far.How could I possibly avoid seeing them?

I'm not the most articulate person on the planet so perhaps I worded my post badly, apologies.

Originally your gripe was this:
True but then they do put CVG and psm3 reviews on as separate even though it's from the same writer!

What I meant to say was, surely you could ignore their inclusion of the scores from those publications and focus on getting the ones you're really interested in. It seems like it would be easier than waiting on board users who may or may not decide to post up certain reviews in here.
Niknak106 58

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 11:04

That's a fair point but I just wanted to generate some discussion.Recent reviews have been slightly interesting with ninja Caiden 3 as an example,so I thought it would be interesting to see how differing opinions are or what forumites who've actually played the ganes thought if the reviews.
dwhlufc 76

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Mar 2012, 11:16

Do you want to make the thread one where it is simply to discuss and debate reviews from different sites and mags then?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Balladeer » 28 Mar 2012, 11:22

Why not? Seems as good a thread as any.

For example, I've been scanning the Wikipedia page for Kid Icarus Uprising, in which Game Informer complain about the risk of RSI and give the game a 7/10; and looking at the review I can see that he spends most of them time complaining about the control system. To which I respond thus: given that I've had no problems with hand cramps or anything of a similar ilk, maybe you're too old and crippled to be playing games. Good day, sir. (dons fancy hat and exits)
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Mar 2012, 11:27

StonecoldMC wrote:Do you want to make the thread one where it is simply to discuss and debate reviews from different sites and mags then?

Basically,yes mate.

I should,it you can alter the title more appropriately if you'd like?
dwhlufc 76

Postby dicky1993 » 28 Mar 2012, 11:37

i've noticed that in resident evil ORC review they slated it said nothing good, kept digging at it and then gave it a respectable score, same with ridge racer unbounded they were saying how bad it was and then it got like 6.4or something which is an alright score
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby CrispyLog » 28 Mar 2012, 12:18

Balladeer wrote:Why not? Seems as good a thread as any.

For example, I've been scanning the Wikipedia page for Kid Icarus Uprising, in which Game Informer complain about the risk of RSI and give the game a 7/10; and looking at the review I can see that he spends most of them time complaining about the control system. To which I respond thus: given that I've had no problems with hand cramps or anything of a similar ilk, maybe you're too old and crippled to be playing games. Good day, sir. (dons fancy hat and exits)

Ninty fanboy in 'I don't like review that is slightly negative to a Ninty game' shocker :roll:

The problem with reviews for me is that if it is an AAA game it has to be 8-9 or 10 if it's damn amazing. That is very little scope. Also every reviewer is different, some might be a fan of the series and love this one, some might be a fan of the series but think this defiates to mich from them, some might dislike the genre but love the game, or vice versa. Reviews are meant to be unique and have a lot of variety for the same game purely because the reviewers are all different and so the game appeals to them in different measures. But they all seem to be exactly the same, with the same faults and the same plus points.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Next