Theresa Recently Abandoned Games In Here

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Recently Abandoned Games

Postby jim2wheels » 04 Nov 2012, 18:50

You fraudster! :lol:

I f**king nailed that platinum. After all your jibber jabber about Skyrim I thought completing the story (let slone side quests) was a given.

@Stone

The one in the news?
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby StonecoldMC » 04 Nov 2012, 19:00

Don't know Jim, what was that one again?

I decided to reset the game and the Bunker is stuck on the same spot, this time he's regained his health and I've got f**k all bullets again. Most frustrated ive been with a game in a long long long time. Really dissappointing.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby jim2wheels » 04 Nov 2012, 19:17

Nah that wasn't one.

Can't you go level up on some side missions?
jim2wheels 69

Postby StonecoldMC » 04 Nov 2012, 19:27

That might be a shout Jim. Ill give it a try. Fingers and toes. Fingers and toes!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Reegeee » 11 Nov 2012, 13:09

At the moment, I've abandoned Bulletstorm. It was free so no bother really, but it just doesn't seem as good the second time around. Weird cos I loved it the first time. I think maybe because you don't unlock anything until hours and hours into it and so the first few hours feel like a tutorial.

Maybe I'll go back to it after I've finished all the other balls that I have.
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby jim2wheels » 11 Nov 2012, 13:28

Get Dirt Showdown you hussy! :P
jim2wheels 69

Postby dwhlufc » 11 Nov 2012, 14:33

jim2wheels wrote:Get Dirt Showdown you hussy! :P

This.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 11 Nov 2012, 14:36

Alice Madness Returns

Did about 3hrs on it and enjoyed it a lot but I wanted to crack on with other games that I really want to play like Sleeping Dogs.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby TheLastDodo » 11 Nov 2012, 20:06

I had abandoned Sleeping Dogs but I've gone back to it now as I want to finish it before tuesday then I got extra funds for Blops 2.

Think I'm over 70% through the story at the mo.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby middle finger » 12 Nov 2012, 16:34

Assassin's Creed 3 feels completely uninspired, unpolished and rushed. It'll fund me another similar game tomorrow.
middle finger 68

Postby Reegeee » 30 Jan 2013, 12:45

Maybe a bit early to say it's abandoned, but I'm finding myself switching off that Far Cry 3 after quite a short time every time I play it. It just has the kind of gameplay that annoys the f**k out of me. See two guys, spend 20 minutes stalking them, lining them up for the kill. Go in for the strike and a jeep with 4 other guys decides to turn up and totally f**ks up all your planning. I DESPISE it when things like that happen.

It does seem like a very well made game, and I'll probably really get into it one day, but I just don't think I have the patience for it at the moment. It's the same with Crysis for me.

I'll probably stick with it and try and fight through it, but I felt I needed to vent my frustrations with stealth in these shooters which for me has never really worked properly. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Stealth games as a whole don't actually work properly. :)
Reegeee 75

Postby Samildanach » 30 Jan 2013, 13:49

Reegeee wrote:Maybe a bit early to say it's abandoned, but I'm finding myself switching off that Far Cry 3 after quite a short time every time I play it. It just has the kind of gameplay that annoys the f**k out of me. See two guys, spend 20 minutes stalking them, lining them up for the kill. Go in for the strike and a jeep with 4 other guys decides to turn up and totally f**ks up all your planning. I DESPISE it when things like that happen.

It does seem like a very well made game, and I'll probably really get into it one day, but I just don't think I have the patience for it at the moment. It's the same with Crysis for me.

I'll probably stick with it and try and fight through it, but I felt I needed to vent my frustrations with stealth in these shooters which for me has never really worked properly. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Stealth games as a whole don't actually work properly. :)

You're just not versed in the ways of the ninja Reeg!! :lol:
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Reegeee » 30 Jan 2013, 14:01

Ah b*****ks doing the same section over and over again till you get it right is nothing like being a ninja! :P
Reegeee 75

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Jan 2013, 14:12

Reegeee wrote:Ah b*****ks doing the same section over and over again till you get it right is nothing like being a ninja! :P

Deus Ex got it right I thought. Then again I am a stealthy fan. I'm also ginger which adds to my ninja-like credentials.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Reegeee » 30 Jan 2013, 14:38

Yeh it worked alright in that, but I can't help but think the people you are avoiding in stealth games are f**king idiots so on that basis it's never really worked for me.

Far Cry kills you if you fall about 3 feet aswell which has just annoyed me. I really get into it, but it's like the game just can't wait to f**k me off. I just need to get into it I think, but it's testing my patience.
Reegeee 75

PreviousNext