IOS / Android & Mobile Gaming

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: IOS / Android & Mobile Gaming

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 May 2012, 14:42

Check out this trailer for 'Republique'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&gl=GB&hl= ... nomobile=1

You receive a desperate phone call from Hope, a young woman trapped within a shadowy totalitarian state. Using a stolen phone, she calls and begs you to hack into the nation's surveillance system, assume control, and help her escape from the clutches of the omnipresent Overseer.

Developed by industry veterans behind AAA games like Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R., Kinect, and cutting edge videos like the Skyrim television spot and the iconic iPod "silhouette" ads, République represents a strategic alliance between Camouflaj and Logan to make an epic action game designed specifically for touch-based devices.

On October 31, Logan founder, Alexei Tylevich, and I wrestled with feedback we received from industry colleagues who told us that our ambitions were too big. They suggested we do something simple and small like so many other games on iOS... Alexei and I spent hours reviewing the production and financial risks. We discussed our belief that gamers will embrace iOS when more games are made for them. By sunset, we were even more committed to doing something different, big, and risky.

On Halloween night 2011, République was born.

Here are the goals we outlined with the teams:

- Design a game and write a story for touch-based devices
- Create an intense action game without a focus on killing
- Feature a believable, non-sexualized female lead
- Explore heavy topics, say something meaningful
- Push cutting-edge graphics on mobile

Features:

Here are the specs Camouflaj and Logan are building to:

- 4-6 hour campaign
- "Stealth Survival" hybrid genre
- Metroidvania exploration & 3D map mode
- Branching, gripping, pull-no-punches story
- Full voiceovers
- Real-time cinematics

In the event that we surpass our initial funding goal, every penny will go into building an even bigger game with features that you will help us define.

AAA iOS Experience:

Thanks to the global proliferation of iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, hundreds of millions of people are now carrying a powerful gaming device with them every day. Finally, game makers can truly speak to a global audience, an audience that -- thanks to touch controls -- can easily jump into the interactive experience.

iOS is becoming a great gaming platform, but where are the games for people who love intense action and story-driven experiences? Where are the AAA games designed specifically for touch-based devices? As someone who loathes virtual joysticks, I have great respect for what Chair Entertainment did with Infinity Blade: they built an action game specifically for touch devices. We aim to do the same.

Without fail, every company we've shown our game to has expressed sincere excitement about its creative ambitions. In unison they proclaim: "Yes! This is exactly the kind of game I want on my iPhone and iPad!" But when it comes down to dollars and cents, the most consistent feedback we get is: "You have to prove that there's a market out there for this. And don't use Infinity Blade as an example unless you can guarantee your game will also be featured an Apple national TV spot."

If you believe like I do that that there are millions out there who want more serious games on mobile, please support République and send a message.

Kickstarter Page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/486 ... flaj-logan

Homepage: http://camouflaj.com/
TheLastDodo 77

Postby chanandler » 05 May 2012, 17:27

Argeni wrote:I think playing games can be possible only in large screen rather in playing in small screen. But nowadays, mobile gaming become more popular as we are taking mobile to all places wherever we go. This makes the persons mind to be more relaxed when they are involved in gaming. :) :)

Yep, me too :D
chanandler 35

Xbox Live: D1rty Dawg
PSN ID: chanandler
Steam: chanandler

Postby chanandler » 05 May 2012, 17:30

TheLastDodo wrote:Check out this trailer for 'Republique'

That looks pretty cool. I've been tempted a couple of times to lay down some cash one kick starter project, think this might be the first for me :D
chanandler 35

Xbox Live: D1rty Dawg
PSN ID: chanandler
Steam: chanandler

Postby TheLastDodo » 17 May 2012, 14:15

MotoHeroz is free today on the App Store.

It's made by RedLynx, makers of Trials HD and Trials Evolution.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 24 May 2012, 19:56

SCORE

This has to be one of the best ideas for a football game I've ever seen. It recreates some of the greatest goals from all time, then shows you the goal and you have to recreate it with a few precise flicks. It ranges from simple shots to free kicks and multiple passes which end in your shooting opportunity.

69p and it's worth more easily, go buy, now!
dwhlufc 76

Cheap Fitted Kitchen Units For Sale In Scotland

Postby knianyut07 » 26 May 2012, 07:04

I’ve hunted all week for some cheap kitchen units for sale in the Scotland area. Finally decided that there is no such thing as a Cheap Kitchen in Scotland. It seems that all the cheap kitchen companies are up north but they all have a large presence on the net and most are willing to send a designer to your home to measure up and give you a price. I had three companies around to give me a price. All three were from the North of England and they gave me different quotes ranging from £1200 to £2400. I took their plan with me around Scotland Kitchen Studios and for the same thing I got quotes from £ 3500 up to £15,000. Finally I went for a company from Manchester Called http://www.the-kitchenfactory.co.uk . And glad I did. How on earth can a Scotland Kithen Studio justify £15,000 when I can buy it for £ 1,200. So my advise for anyone looking to buy a cheap kitchen is “Go Up North”.
knianyut07 1
New user

Postby dwhlufc » 05 Jun 2012, 21:23

Broken Sword Directors Cut & Broken Sword 2 on iPod and iPad are both 69p.

Go buy them now if you haven't already!
dwhlufc 76

Postby CoS_Ethan » 14 Jun 2012, 08:47

Real Racing 2 actually my favorite gaming app on iOS platform.
City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!
CoS_Ethan 14
New user

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Jun 2012, 19:55

Flight Control Rocket & Spymouse HD are both free on the app store. Both cracking games btw.
dwhlufc 76

Postby dicky1993 » 17 Jun 2012, 13:52

anyone played mass effect infiltrator, views?
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby middle finger » 29 Jun 2012, 12:43

Broken Sword DC is my first game I bought for my mobile. If they're saying that tablet/mobile gaming is the future and consoles/pcs are dying, then wake me up in twenty years, so I can play uncharted on my smart phone.
Smart phones, stupid people.
middle finger 68

Postby TheLastDodo » 03 Jul 2012, 15:41

Real Racing 2 is on sale at 69p for iOS.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Broooooomm » 09 Jul 2012, 08:00

Wow, when they said there is an app for everything, they really mean it don't they? I found this app Trigger Happy and like the name suggest it can really make you happy.

Ever had days when you feel like shooting everyone in sight? Well, Trigger Happy will allow you to do that without the bloodshed and the danger of going to jail. The app uses augmented reality technology that allows you to record first-person shooter videos. It is so easy to use, just choose a weapon, tap the record button, then pull the trigger! Trust me, its a very effective stress-reliever.
Broooooomm 2
New user

Postby rbt2 » 10 Jul 2012, 19:40

Only just started reading this fred as I've just got an Iphone 4s.
I am waaaaaaaaay too f**king lazy to read the lot so what are the games worth getting?

Bearing in mind that I f**king hate all that strategy type shite.

I thang yow in advance.

X.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby dwhlufc » 10 Jul 2012, 20:28

Score, cracking footy game that recreates the greatest goals from footy history, you should Defo get this.

Infinity blade, it's a beat em up basically but it's all down to timing so you and your cat like reflexes should p**s it!

Batman AC lockdown, the same as infinity lade but with batman, cracking game and it's on sale now.

Super stickman golf, as much a puzzler as it is a golf game, it's 2D and very god with loads of courses.

Rescue city, it's fre now I think and it's brilliant.

Blueprint 3D, another puzzler but your reconstructing architecture in their blueprint form.

Broken word 1/2, two of the best point n click titles ever made.

Plenty more aswell mate.
dwhlufc 76

PreviousNext