to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefatigue 3 The Q&A edition.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Battlefatigue 3 The Q&A edition.

Postby ricflair » 01 Jun 2012, 12:24

I'm tempted to flog it too after this. I'm super anti-EA at the moment. I really enjoy it when it works, but EA are just a massive bunch of c**ts, they really are. A couple of years back I thought they'd turned a corner, but after the experiments with Mirrors Edge etc failed, they've gone back to money, money, money at the expense of all else.

So what's going to be the multiplayer go-to game? UC3? KZ3? Something else???
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Carbon64 » 01 Jun 2012, 12:34

Ghost recon could be good if enough people get it , it's a steep curve In it for me though cause one game I do alright and in the others the only time i see anyone is when they kill me from behind. With a proper team it could be good but other than that I don't know.

I could download the KZ3 muktiplayer thing so if everyone decided to play that I could make up the numbers , I don't remember being any good at it so it'd be some easy kills for you all :lol:
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby dwhlufc » 01 Jun 2012, 12:38

I'll never buy an EA game again. They've took the p**s with the euro dlc this year and I fully expect them to somehow start robbing all their loyally and devoted FIFA fans in new and exciting ways this year or next!

I'd second Ghost Recon, the beta was fantastic and really encourages team work. If not that then how about some private matches on U3?

I'd probably avoid KZ3, last time we played that it was full of campers or those dudes who look like they're on your team but there not.
dwhlufc 75

Postby Reegeee » 01 Jun 2012, 12:40

I'd rather play Uncharted 3 over anything else. I remember when we had a few private matches when it first came out and they where class, especially 3 team deathmatch.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 72

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby dwhlufc » 01 Jun 2012, 12:41

Reegeee wrote:I'd rather play Uncharted 3 over anything else. I remember when we had a few private matches when it first came out and they where class, especially 3 team deathmatch.

Oh yeah they were great, mpk sucks though!
dwhlufc 75

Postby CrispyLog » 01 Jun 2012, 12:46

The best online game is Halo. L4D is great too.

Bad Company 2 is still good though.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 74

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Carbon64 » 01 Jun 2012, 13:09

Halo's my preferred game but their not talking 360 otherwise I would have said that before anything , while we're on 360 I'll also nominate trials for the hell of it !
Carbon64 56

Postby lawless1891 » 01 Jun 2012, 18:51

In all seriousness ever since it's come out they've ruined it with more and more bullshit

I think many over on the soon to be shut down battlefield forums(mordor) feel the same.Thats right all official forums are being shut but battlelog.

That'll probably be the death of it for me though once they fetch that out cause I know my friend won't get any DLC so I won't cause I'll never get to use it and by that point you probably won't be able to find a server with the original maps.

Ya know I had my worries about that becoming a problem before I even bought the game in fact I think the way they split the community with the B2K special edition from the very start spoke volumes to me where this game was heading,and when I aired these views on the cvg news page I got some fluff about online passes.

lawless1891 wrote:
EA's no frills online pass will kill of BF3's multiplayer game before it gets established and the scheduled pay for map pack(s) so early in the games existence will further fracture the online community.
The industry might see Secondhand gamers as blight but as a multiplayer fan I see them as new cannon fodder that keep my paid for experience on going.

by lawless1891 ยป 02 Nov 2011, 22:24
Call my post what you like I ain't your potential customer,and if I see a game I wish to play online being locked behind numerous pay walls that stop the online community from replenishing with new players when others have moved on,then I start to think this game ain't gona give me the longevity I thought BF games gave.COD may have it's own issues but it ain't locked multiplayer off behind two pay walls...not yet any road.

Anyway the best thing about BF 3 in my humble opinion is this lot of baffoons....enjoy.
Battlefield Friends ''we're bloooooowing s**t uppPPP"
lawless1891 58

Postby lawless1891 » 02 Jun 2012, 12:38

Yet another excuse for me to post more...
Battlefield Friends : First Flight
lawless1891 58

Postby lawless1891 » 01 Jul 2012, 15:52

EPIC PONCY POXY BATTLES

Thats right I've been back & I am fecking sick to the back teeth of it already.

I like BF 3,I like blowing s**t up,I like driving vehicle's that blow s**t up and I like games that have friendly fire 'ON' and no 3D spotting and I like conquest.
But I also like playing exclusively on official servers were I know the rules & how long roughly the game will last and that all tatics are available and all equipment so whats the big whiney wall'o'text about lawless you big dumb missery well I 'm glad you care enough to ask.
In DICE's sage like wisdom hardcore conquest the game mode I always thought was BF has been boiled down to epic fecking broken half hearted battles,and out of the 6 maps available 3 don't even get played.EA servers don't seem to cater for hardcore conquest full stop.

So I've searched the server browser started with
-[DICE]-EPIC BATTLES [HARDCORE] all the rest mixed modes.
PRGM servers (squad death match) [NORMAL]
P24-(death match)[NORMAL] US servers
SERVER 1 to 5 [EU] all modes [NORMAL] no hardcore conquest.
I've read the BF blog(I'll never get that time back),mordor,googled the s**t out of it.

So I give up please save my sanity if you know of any EU/UK official DICE/EA HARDCORE CONQUEST ONLY servers please post a list up,cheers,ta
lawless1891 58

Postby Reegeee » 01 Jul 2012, 17:35

If you where opening this thread expecting an answer Lawless than I'm afraid I'm gonna disappoint you. :lol: It's just too complicated to figure out what's going on, and for me it still feels sluggish. I haven't put it on in ages to be honest.

I should give it another go and see if I can get back into it, cos I was loving it for the first month or so but then they looked for every possible way to f**k the game up they could, and they have.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 72

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Carbon64 » 01 Jul 2012, 19:00

Iv been playing it again with my mates lately but I only play on the few servers iv got saved that I know work and just have the no standard setup , although the ticket counts changed on a couple of them lately which wasnt a nice surpise.
Carbon64 56

Postby lawless1891 » 01 Jul 2012, 19:21

If you where opening this thread expecting an answer Lawless than I'm afraid I'm gonna disappoint you.

Well if the guru don't have any answers what am I to do.And why am I humming "moonlight shadow" all of a sudden?ahrrrImagehmmmmmm.

If any of you journo types from CVG are reading this page and get invited to a DICE press thang just before you do too many buckets and Hennessy ask 'em why they removed the hardcore conquest servers and say the answer must not include the word "telemetry" in it,thank you.
lawless1891 58

Postby lawless1891 » 01 Jul 2012, 19:30

Carbon64 wrote:although the ticket counts changed on a couple of them lately which wasnt a nice surpise.

Yea bit fecking shan that DICE have enough time to change the ticket count on epic battles but dont fix the broken map rotation on it or simply return a few of them empty dice servers back to hardcore conquest/rush only all map servers...rhubarb.
lawless1891 58

Postby Carbon64 » 01 Jul 2012, 20:27

Another thing that annoys me , very occasionally I manage to find an EA server thats just a jumble of numbers but you can't save the bloody things in your favourites ! It's weeks between finding one of them as well.
Carbon64 56

PreviousNext