New Game Releases Thread / Release Rumour Thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Game Releases Thread / Release Rumour Thread

Postby lordirongut » 27 Jan 2011, 22:50

Post your game rumours and game releases that have been missed by the front page here!

*Thanks to Balladeer for stickying this!*

I'll kick off by putting in some Tales of Graces info:

http://ataleoftworichards.com/

Namco recently put up an image on their Facebook page and anyone who deciphered it was linked to that site. The colours are the same as the ones from Tales of Graces, and Namco have apparently been hinting as to the game's release in the west, and they say the site is legit. Could this be it? Have they listened to all of my moaning? Have they had the Graces (I'm so sorry) to bring the game to us? People are saying that this will be the 'F' version of the game on the PS3, since the colours more closely match that version than the Wii one - that's fine by me! I'd love all of the extra content. We don't have long to wait to find out - the site opens up on the 2nd of February, and regular 'hints' are going to be posted. The name of the site includes 'Two Richards' - Richard is a character from Graces, and he is playable in both old and young forms - Two Richards.

That this is becoming the Tales of Graces logo is steadily getting more obvious. You can even see the word 'Tales' and see what looks like the top of the 'F' clearly. It's building my excitement as February 2nd draws closer!

Namco have also been 'taking notes' from their Facebook subscribers, and a lot seem to be asking for Vesperia on the PS3, or the extra content as 360 DLC. If Namco really are starting to listen to us in the West, then maybe this'll happen as well. Flynn becomes fully playable - I'd buy the game again just for that, leave alone all the other stuff. Namco listening to the West can only be a good thing, though, and it makes me optimistic for Xillia.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 68

PSN ID: lordirongut

Re: New Game Releases Thread / Release Rumour Thread

Postby StokedUp » 28 Jan 2011, 15:44

Here's some news, Mass Effect 2 PS3 has only sold 88,000 in it's first week. 88,000, come on PS3 owners you know a good game when you get one there's plenty on the platform so why have you not botherd with this exceptional game? I hope it's nothing to do with being stubborn because it was once an xbox360 exclusive because that would be stupid.

Honestly guys buy the game it's awesome!
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby 8-bit-zombie » 28 Jan 2011, 20:06

I think a lot of people probably own a 360 already and bought it for that instead, not really surprising tbh.

I want the game you are using as your avatar its a very notable upcoming game after all, it has a demo out in japan but is there any way to trick a 360 into playing it?
Capitalism Ho!
8-bit-zombie 41

Postby StokedUp » 28 Jan 2011, 21:32

8-bit-zombie wrote:I think a lot of people probably own a 360 already and bought it for that instead, not really surprising tbh.

I want the game you are using as your avatar its a very notable upcoming game after all, it has a demo out in japan but is there any way to trick a 360 into playing it?

im not sure about tricking the 360, but i know if youve got a PS3 you can open a japanese account and then use the japanese PSN, that way you could play it. Sorry i couldnt help you on the 360 side of things.
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby lordirongut » 29 Jan 2011, 01:10

Seems I've been missing some really obvious stuff from that teaser site...

The site is currently teasing a Galaga game, and has teased, as well as Graces F, a new Tekken and a new Pac-Man. Scrawl has more details: http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/a-tale-of-t ... y-4-galaga

Some eagle-eyed folks on Namco Bandai's Facebook have also found what appears to be a Vesperia 'S' letter, hinting at a release of that, too: Image

As for Catherine, I've just tried the demo - it's very unique, to say the least! Very enjoyable, though, and still a definite day one buy for me. It has some definite correlations to the Persona games - there is a massive element of time, for example.

lordirongut 68

Postby ste hicky » 29 Jan 2011, 11:59

8-bit-zombie wrote:I want the game you are using as your avatar its a very notable upcoming game after all, it has a demo out in japan but is there any way to trick a 360 into playing it?
i've got a japanese xbl account as well as my primary english one,it works and content is usable anywhere as long as you have the profile on the hdd that you used to dl the content.

hope this helps: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... yg&cad=rja

as for rumours: i've heard super mario galaxy 3ds is a possibility and that square have shifted the cancelled ds remakes of FFV and VI over to the new handheld.

as for releases that never made the front page: the last story came out in japan 2 days ago,mine's on it's way. hoping it turns up next week.

it sold out in japan day 1. nintendo should've sorted more copies.

sakaguchi and uematsu ftw!

oh yeah nintendo have just announced a game called pandora's tower,rumours are it's another jrpg. not confirmed though: http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-ann ... 2699.phtml

website here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx3j/index.html
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby Izo » 01 Feb 2011, 10:44

Well here's a trailer to Yuji Naka's next game which he was working on, really does looks like a cross between Nights and Sin and Punishment.
Izo 71
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: The Wyrdness
PSN ID: Wyrdness
Battle.net: Wii U: Wyrdness

Postby i like jam donut » 01 Feb 2011, 14:01

What about MGS hd remake?
i like jam donut 39

Postby lordirongut » 01 Feb 2011, 22:09

A Tale of Two Richards: Days 5 & 6

Day 5 was another Pac-Man tease. Two of those plus Galaga makes me think some kind of Museums Collection like they did before, or a new Arcade Collection of some kind. Of course, this is just speculation.

Day 6, though. Bloody hell. Namco have become MY HEROES WITH IT :)

IT'S VESPERIA, PEOPLE! PS3 Vesperia, YES YES YES! I'm having a small fangasm here if you can't tell!

Vesperia on PS3 features a totally new character called Patty Fleur, is fully voiced (at least in Japanese), a metric crapton of extra content and most importantly, a fully playable Flynn! The absolute worst thing about 360 Vesperia is that Flynn is only playable in one battle. In the PS3 version, he appears more often up to Aurnion, and he joins permanently after Aurnion. They even altered the story a little to include him in the ending.

I'm in the middle of my second 360 playthrough at the moment, trying to achievement whore it. I'll trophy whore the PS3 version, too :)

Just as I was losing faith in Namco and preparing to hack my PS3, they bring me TWO Tales games at once! Thankyou, Namco, thankyou.

lordirongut 68

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 02 Feb 2011, 00:24

Are these jRGS's mate? I'm really gagging for one sooooo much. Last gen that was pretty much the only genre I played, and thinking about it pretty much the only one on the PS1. Now this gen I have played 0 on the PS3, I played FF13 but I ain't counting that as a 'jrpg' And one on the 360 Lost Odyssey which was awesome.

I want something I can dig my teeth into like the good old days of Breath of Fire, Suikoden, FF, Dragon Quest. The last truly great JRPG I played was Rogue Galaxy on the PS2 and that was 3 years ago :cry:
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby davidalden » 02 Feb 2011, 00:38

Tales of Vesperia should definatly be on your list of thigns to play. The Tales series hasn't massivly altered it's style and i'd argue it one of the most old school JRPG's around. I've always loved JRPGs and the sad news is there just isnt many, unless you go to the handhelds. The DS has kept me busy for a while with Golden Sun et al. Star Ocean on both 360 and PS3 is worth a look at least. Think theres a demo online. Though I didn't take to that game very well.
davidalden 39

Xbox Live: Sloppydj
PSN ID: Sloppydj
Steam: Sloppydajal
Battle.net: Sloppydj

Postby 8-bit-zombie » 02 Feb 2011, 16:19

info on the new game from the makers of demons souls has shown up, I am just ripping this from destructoid but here is what it says.

There will be a lot more exploration in Dark Souls, featuring wide open. seamless fields in which to traverse. Anything you see on screen, you can reach. That castle or dungeon in the background? You will get there eventually.
The game has no map, just a position marker.
Dark Souls will be as challenging as Demon's Souls. The team wants a game that will be tough, but ultimately rewarding. A sense of achievement is paramount.
The game will play similarly to Demon's Souls. The plan is to kill you a lot, so you get better.
Dark Souls is not set in the same world as Demon's Souls, and will have an original story. It will not have the same "hub" format, either, instead featuring a variety of maps connected to a seamless open world.
Level designs will be more complex.
Inspired by medieval dark fantasy, contains themes like "high fantasy of kings and knights", "death and the depths of the earth", and "the flames of chaos."
Players will get a lot more freedom with how they choose to play the game. Character creation will not be class based. The number of spells and weapons will be increased, as will attack animations.
Co-op and PvP will appear, with online connectivity similar to that of Demon's Souls. Just like the last game, you can watch other players die, and read messages they leave behind.
No Soul Tendency this time, as the studio doesn't want dedicate servers. Instead the focus will be on "mutual roleplaying", something that will be detailed at another time.
Capitalism Ho!
8-bit-zombie 41

Postby lordirongut » 02 Feb 2011, 18:46

Vesperia is a proper old-school JRPG that has made no concessions for a mass-market. As such, I think it's amazing. The game looks like an anime in motion. If anything, the combat is closest to Star Ocean 4, but overall it's a much better game. I'm in the middle of a second playthrough, and I'll probablyn write a review of it when I'm done. The PS3 version has a crapton of new stuff over the Xbox version, though, so if you do want to get it, then it'd pay you to hold off a bit. The Tales series as a whole is excellent, although the games can be problematic to get in Europe. The only two console releases have been Vesperia and Symphonia, both of which are expensive, there are four more on handhelds and some more in America in English if you have the means to play them.

Dark Souls sounds awesome, too! I'll just have to buy a few controllers to smash!

lordirongut 68

Postby Izo » 02 Feb 2011, 19:36

You may want to watch out with the Tales games as they actually have two different styles which are done by two different teams (Symphonia and Destiny), Vesperia, Abyss and Symphonia are obviously from Team Symphonia who have a more simplistic old school style while Graces, Destiny and Rebirth are from TD who tbh are far superior but have only ever had one of their games given a western released in the west and that was Eternia (Destiny 2 in America) which is why Graces F should be given a chance. Team Destiny are more innovative and in fact their games have been superior but they're not as old school though they tend to mix new and old.
Izo 71
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: The Wyrdness
PSN ID: Wyrdness
Battle.net: Wii U: Wyrdness

Postby lordirongut » 02 Feb 2011, 19:47

To be honest, I actually prefer Team Symphonia. I like that they're willing to take the risk of staying old-school, because nowadays it's precisely because they're old-school that makes them stand out. You just don't get RPGs like that any more. That said, it might just have been Namco's awful localisation of Destiny that made me enjoy it a bit less, and I'd kill to play Rebirth.

The situation gets even more complicated by Legendia, though, made by neither team. Visually, I think it looks very different but it's even more old-school than Symphonia on the Cube was!

lordirongut 68

Next