to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Bargains, vouchers, deals and codes - share them here!

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Bargains, vouchers, deals and codes - share them here!

Postby jim2wheels » 29 Dec 2012, 11:24

I doubt the humour is my cup of tea anyway, if the gameplay don't hold up then there's not much point buying it then.

Thanks for the heads up.
jim2wheels 68

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Barry316 » 29 Dec 2012, 11:24

dwhlufc wrote:Is Premium the black model?

Yeah. Here's the link i posted on the last page about it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wii-U-Console ... 1947154557
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

Postby ricflair » 29 Dec 2012, 11:32

Yeah dave. It's the 32GB model that comes with the extra bits - sensor bar, charging cradle, stand (which I don't really get as it's basically a charging stand with no power running in to it - unless it's for using the pad while in the stand) and the 10% online purchase cashback thingy, which is decent enough I suppose, but not a deal breaker and the shop isn't the cheapest at the moment.

I don't think I've seen Nintendo Land under £35 - it's still £40 + in most places, so that puts the console at under £200.

Just seen baz posted it all already! What's crazy is that Zavvi's website is selling it for £260 and the ZombiU pack for £330.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Dec 2012, 11:40

That's a good deal is that. I'm slightly tempted (due to price) but might hold out to see if the zombie u pack gets reduced, the normal pro-pad will be essential for me.
dwhlufc 75

Postby El Mag » 29 Dec 2012, 11:44

If it reaches 200 anywhere that'll probably be enough to tempt me.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby ricflair » 29 Dec 2012, 12:18

dwhlufc wrote:That's a good deal is that. I'm slightly tempted (due to price) but might hold out to see if the zombie u pack gets reduced, the normal pro-pad will be essential for me.

I thought that too mate, but the tablet is great to hold - not too heavy, but not a light piece of tat, comfortable etc... it holds up as well as a normal controller in every aspect apart from battery life. I'm not sure how it goes for other games, but Nintendo in their infinite wisdom didn't even make NSMBU compatible with the pro controller (single or multiplayer)! The classic controller has proven to be a bit of a waste of money at this point, to be honest - I've only used it when playing Sonic with a mate, and the FIFA demo I think, although I'm hoping to try some ZombiU mulitplayer with it when mates come over soon. I'm sure there will be more reasons to use it in the future, but if you're pinning the console on using the pro controller, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I emailed them to complain about the stupid store restrictions, and popped in a whinge about pro controller not being usable on some games and the battery life being a bit s**t - the reply was that it's up to the developers to decide which controller is used - but this was a Nintendo game! They offered to send a label to I could send my gamepad in to get it checked out - which I obviously refused as they might as well take the whole console away if they take the pad - I had hoped they would send me a new battery in the post, but no dice so far!

And if you weren't tempted by the launch release, I'd possibly say wait a couple of months - by that time there should be some more features on the console (really hoping for iplayer) and some OS improvements, plus there's (if they're your thing) Rayman, Lego, W101, Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3 etc coming in the next few months and the launch stuff should be cheaper too.

I can't see it getting much cheaper than this to be honest, I'll be pretty p**sed if it does!
Woo
ricflair 76

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Dec 2012, 12:43

The platinum titles are obviously the most tempting thing about the console but zombie U and Pikmin look great to. I never knew that all games weren't compatible with the classic controller. I've just remembered that you said that neither pad has analogue triggers. Not a huge problem at the moment but it means I wouldn't buy any racers on it, and hats my favorite genre.

Also, do you know if Anarchy Reigns is going to be getting reviewed anywhere (reliable) before release? I read the ign review a while back but I'd like to read a few more reliable sites before preordering.
dwhlufc 75

Postby gippobeater » 29 Dec 2012, 14:47

Saints Row The Third is one of the greatest games ever made. No lie! Very disappointed in you Dave.

Zavvi are dispatching Anarchy Reigns already, plus it's 14.99. Get on dat s**t, got a 9 from Eurogamer.
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 70

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Dec 2012, 14:50

gippobeater wrote:Saints Row The Third is one of the greatest games ever made. No lie! Very disappointed in you Dave.

Zavvi are dispatching Anarchy Reigns already, plus it's 14.99. Get on dat s**t, got a 9 from Eurogamer.

Dispatching already?!

You might get it after release then! :wink:

Might order off then at that price unless shopto are around the same price.
dwhlufc 75

Postby jim2wheels » 29 Dec 2012, 15:33

This has gone completely under my radar - I f**king want it though!

Zavvi are out of stock at the mo. :(

Edit: f**k it, pre-ordered the LE edition from Shop-To for £18.
jim2wheels 68

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 29 Dec 2012, 19:22

Barry316 wrote:Wii U premium with Nintendo Land - £224.99 on the Zavvi ebay store.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wii-U-Console ... 1947154557

I almost bit the bullet and bought one. I went to try the wii-U again but none of the stands at Game etc actually have any games to try out :/ just Rayman which wasn't exactly tempting me. I was hoping they'd have Mario and zombie u to try.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby middle finger » 29 Dec 2012, 19:33

Wiiu wil be 150 pounds in February.
middle finger 63

Postby ricflair » 29 Dec 2012, 21:42

Can't see it's oos at Zavvi, it's letting me order it. I doubt Zavvi are physically posting them now - they're a nightmare for saying they've posted it, or it's too late to cancel when they've not even sent the bloody thing!

Not sure whether to go Zavvi or shopto - if shopto were breaking the release date, I'd be in like a shot!
Woo
ricflair 76

Postby jim2wheels » 29 Dec 2012, 22:04

You usually get them a day or two early from Shop-to.
jim2wheels 68

Postby Barry316 » 30 Dec 2012, 13:08

PS3 500gb Console with Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and God of War 3 for £214.85 from the Shopto outlet on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170958509533? ... RTM1272549
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 65

PreviousNext