The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby flyfletch » 10 Feb 2013, 14:03

I actually took the risk and bought Dead Space 3, i actually really like it. I would have rated it about 8.5...
flyfletch 72

Postby Barry316 » 10 Feb 2013, 14:05

And buying Trine 2 on the Wii U is definitely much worse. 1. because it's s**t 2. because it was free and 3. the Wii U will be discontinued soon.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby dwhlufc » 10 Feb 2013, 15:57

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!! :lol:
dwhlufc 76

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 13:12

El Mag wrote:How is that better to know it's cheaper at Tesco! If anything that just adds to my suffering!

Blood Money better be as good as I remember it being on the 360. Otherwise it's going down as my worst purchase since Naughty Bear.

I think they're just trying to goad you. I feel your pain, I bought it before the trilogy came out on one disc. A whole 10.00 I spent on it. And I've got some gnocchi....

Currently cocking about on the spartan ops missions as I'm not in the mood to start the campaign. Still buggering about on minecraft a bit too. Until I get colonial marines that is. Yes I know it will be s**t but a man can dream.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Samildanach » 11 Feb 2013, 14:26

Started Fallout: New Vegas again. This time on the PS3. I have to say there's a big big difference between this and the 360 version I played. I played it when it was first released but didn't have the 360 online and the framerate was awful, it just stuttered everywhere and tarnished my view on the game. But now it plays fantastic.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Feb 2013, 14:34

Samildanach wrote:Started Fallout: New Vegas again. This time on the PS3. I have to say there's a big big difference between this and the 360 version I played. I played it when it was first released but didn't have the 360 online and the framerate was awful, it just stuttered everywhere and tarnished my view on the game. But now it plays fantastic.

They've patched the 360 one and it plays fine now. Old world blues was a great add on if you enjoy new vegas, one of the few genuinely funny games I've played.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby Reegeee » 11 Feb 2013, 16:39

Yeh, Old World Blues is fantastic. Also, I have to say that New Vegas is one of the only games I've played on the 360 where if you install it the loading is mightily improved. It's proper lightening fast. The Frame rate seemed decent to me too so that must have been the patch too.

Tell you what Sam, when you finish that it shows you how the ending of an RPG should be done IMO. It gives you loads of info about all the decisions you made and what consequences they had etc. The only problem for me is that the actual end bit in the Strip is a bit of an anti climax. Oh, and Lonesome Road is one of the worst DLCs I've ever played.
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 12 Feb 2013, 03:20

Far Cry 3.

It's Assassin's Creed and Crysis.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby jim2wheels » 12 Feb 2013, 08:59

spaceman_DOUG wrote:Far Cry 3.

It's Assassin's Creed and Crysis.

But better. Those games can only dream of being as good.
jim2wheels 70

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby Samildanach » 12 Feb 2013, 13:39

FishyGinger wrote:
Samildanach wrote:Started Fallout: New Vegas again. This time on the PS3. I have to say there's a big big difference between this and the 360 version I played. I played it when it was first released but didn't have the 360 online and the framerate was awful, it just stuttered everywhere and tarnished my view on the game. But now it plays fantastic.

They've patched the 360 one and it plays fine now. Old world blues was a great add on if you enjoy new vegas, one of the few genuinely funny games I've played.

I haven't got the 360 online so I couldn't download the patches. I doubt I'll be getting any of the dlc though, I just don't have much faith in it working on the PS3!!

@Reeg, yeah, I kind of remember bits about the ending. It went into a fair bit of detail about factions and places and whatnot. The complete opposite of Mass Effect!!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 12 Feb 2013, 18:07

Had a little dabble with Aliens, mixed feelings so far. Campaign wise ive played the first chapter only so this is just a first impression. Graphically the game is weak, I dont usually even notice things like this but its very very poor for a new release. The gameplay is unspectacular, and the Aliens are diabolical. They run on the ceiling, then jump to the floor about 15 ft away from you and walk/jog towards you. If one gets close enough it just swipes at you, really really not what I expected at all.

The multiplayer is great fun, although again is lacking in areas. Playing as an Alien is fantastic, although for some reason you dont seem to be able to run on the walls and ceilings, a feature that not only should be there, but was actually in AVP, a game that was released 2-3 years ago. Apart from that its very bare bones online, what is there is pretty great but there isnt a lot of it.

CEX are offering £30 exchange which is more than I actually paid for the game, so I think ill complete it and trade in towards Dead Space, far cry or maybe even xcom. Not a keeper based on what ive played.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby jim2wheels » 12 Feb 2013, 22:51

That price will tank hard and fast, I'd get trading ASAP while I could still get my money back.
jim2wheels 70

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Feb 2013, 01:19

A few Vita games.

LBP Vita

Fantastic. I don't know how as I haven't noticed any changes with the platforming mechanics but it feels better on the Vita, only played the first world so far but if it keeps improving then I can see it becoming my favourite LBP game. I was worried about how stuff like the rear touch pad would be implemented in Vita games as I've always seen it as a bit unnecessary but it's used well in LBP Vita, you basically use it to prod blocks stuck in the background into the foreground to form platforms, it's not a game changer or anything but I think it's a neat way of utilising the touch pad without it feeling forced and different for the sake of being different.

Sound Shapes demo

Grolsch recommended this one to me and if I wasn't on Plus it would probably be the next Vita game I buy. Cool look, great music, platforming feels good. It has a level creator of sorts too and it looked simpler than the create modes you find in for ex. LBP or Trials so I'll probably give that a try.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

I saw a couple on here raving about this so I added it to my download list (I think it's gone from Plus now). Can't talk about it much as my Vita ran out of battery in the second level but it's fun, it's a sci-fi B-movie styled platformer, that's all I can say really.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby middle finger » 14 Feb 2013, 15:38

Had a go on Darksiders 2 and I am disappointed. The game feels unfinished and rough, awful camera and jumping is still broken.
At 8 quid I shouldn't complain, but no way id pay full price for it.
middle finger 68

Postby slick loose » 14 Feb 2013, 16:02

middle finger wrote:Had a go on Darksiders 2 and I am disappointed. The game feels unfinished and rough, awful camera and jumping is still broken.
At 8 quid I shouldn't complain, but no way id pay full price for it.

I've had no such issues. Loving thus far, about 10 hours in.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

PreviousNext