to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 05 Jan 2013, 20:28

I played it twice, saved the evil play through for the 2nd time. It is by far the best play through for me, better powers and more fun, plus it's worth seeing how it pans out in both play throughs.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby slick loose » 05 Jan 2013, 20:48

I'm only playing it the once...so I chose to be evil as it's always the more fun playthrough!
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby slick loose » 05 Jan 2013, 21:39

I also did the first 5 chapters of Limbo last night...really like it so far :)
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 05 Jan 2013, 22:01

That means you're going to miss out on the great ending, won't ruin it for you in case you change your mind.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Postby sevvybgoode » 06 Jan 2013, 09:19

Ive been playing some of these mobile Xbox live games on my windows phone and some are pretty good. They're typical mobile games tbh but hey they have achievements!

Flowers and wordament keep me busy when I'm supposed to be working though and are ok considering how crappy my phone is...
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Postby Reegeee » 07 Jan 2013, 02:31

Reckon I'll try and get a windows phone on my next upgrade cos apple can kiss my massive arse. If there was one company in the history of the world I could destroy it would be them. Massive c**ts.

@Slick - I thought Limbo was alright too. Pretty good that game, but a little overrated. Many people say the same about Braid, I reckon that game was waaaay better.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby FishyGinger » 07 Jan 2013, 12:29

Civ 5. Got it for myself and the lady in the steam sales, possibly a bad move but hey ho, I had too much time on my hands anyways.

I liked Limbo. Found dying was really quite a shock in it. Liked Braid too but it was a little pretentious. Some of the time bending puzzles were great though, real noodle scratchers.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby Bambis Dad » 07 Jan 2013, 16:59

Finally got round to starting NFS:HP, I'm thinking I should have gotten Most Wanted instead.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby dwhlufc » 07 Jan 2013, 19:22

Bambis Dad wrote:Finally got round to starting NFS:HP, I'm thinking I should have gotten Most Wanted instead.

PS3 version mate?

Ill be up for a few races if you fancy it?
dwhlufc 76

Postby dwhlufc » 07 Jan 2013, 19:26

Tonight, i will mostly be playing GTA4, Episides From Liberty City - The Lost & The Damned is up first.
dwhlufc 76

Postby El Mag » 07 Jan 2013, 21:16

Started the story mode on Mortal Kombat. It's not bad for a fighting game story, it's easily better than the second film and tele series. But then again so is being hungry and finding out you've only got something in that your woman 'cooked' earlier, so it's not really saying much.

The best part is how every conversation ends up in a fight to the death and there's boobs bouncing everywhere.

I asked her to put a top on and stop shouting while I play the game but she won't f**king listen.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby dwhlufc » 07 Jan 2013, 23:42

Started The lost & the damned earlier. It's hasn't aged well in a lot of areas but its still got that R* magic - cant put it down regardless of what now feel like clumsy controls and player movement that feels like it should be in flight simulator more than a sandbox title.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Samildanach » 08 Jan 2013, 00:07

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, man am I glad I don't have epilepsy! The battles can get pretty hectic and with the lock-on changing after every defeated enemy the camera sweeps around like it's off it's tree on drugs! Class game, and unless Konami give it to Platinum to f**k up :P , ZOE3 has just become my third most looked forward to game!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby ricflair » 08 Jan 2013, 11:41

dwhlufc wrote:Started The lost & the damned earlier. It's hasn't aged well in a lot of areas but its still got that R* magic - cant put it down regardless of what now feel like clumsy controls and player movement that feels like it should be in flight simulator more than a sandbox title.

I found TLaD really hard to play. I love GTAIV and TBoGT, I got the DLC the day it came out and only finished TLaD earlier this year . Johnny feels really clunky to control (even by GTA's standards!) and I got f**ked off with the bikes all the time, and pretty much all the characters did my head in!

Here's my 'review from May 2012! I stand by it - just wait until you get to Gay Tony, it's a cracker!

Finished The Lost and Damned last night. To be honest it's taken me nearly nearly 40 months to complete it, so I can't even remember the bulk of it, but that it's taken me 40 months to finish probably says all you need to know.

Emphasis on bikes is annoying as they're not that fun to drive, especially the big Harleys, Johnny is clunky and heavy/slow to control (I'm guessing on purpose due to his leathers, boots etc), Johnny is annoying, as are most of the people I remember from the game and although I can't remember exactly what went on before hand, the ending seemed abrupt, with your junkie ex gf just getting on my tits.

If you like GTA (or at least liked IV) it's definitely worth a shot, although I'd say get the disc version and then at least you can flog it. I remember downloading it the morning it was released, being super excited and was met by this clunky t**t of a character and being disappointed - so for 1600MSP, it was good value in terms of content, but just not that good.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 08 Jan 2013, 11:47

Earlier this year? So on the 1st? Or are you still in 2012 and missed the New Year? :wink:
Mmmmgrolsch 75

PreviousNext