The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Dec 2012, 10:51

billysastard wrote:
dwhlufc wrote:My brother had it for Xmas and asked if I wanted to borrow it on Boxing Day!

Surely it's not that bad? :lol:

if you like shooters its not that bad, but if you like survival horror then you are better playing zombi u.

I like shooters to be fair but Chris' chapter on rhe demo was by far the worst and I read that's the biggest shooting part. I think ill play it, if not just see Leon's campaign through. Not on my psn id though :lol:

The more user feedback I read about zombie U the more I want to play it. I hope it does get ported in a year or the sequel (if thre is one) is multi platform.
dwhlufc 76

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Dec 2012, 16:25

AC3 and Far Cry 3, both seem a bit of a chore if im being honest. I need to find that spark again, might go back to Halo 4.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby El Mag » 28 Dec 2012, 16:51

Devil May Cry 4.

Yes you read that right. I'm currently going through the phase that's medically known as 'f**k bored and nothing new is out for ages' so I've gone to the old shoebox under the bed in the spare room stash. It was either this or Gears 3 on the 360 but I can't be arsed with that with Judgement being due.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby jim2wheels » 28 Dec 2012, 19:00

Darksiders 2 still. It's a good game, but I'm kinda wishing it to be over now I'm at the 30 hour mark.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby yourmumwasfun » 28 Dec 2012, 20:56

I got Lollipop Chainsaw for a tenner. I don't know what to think.
yourmumwasfun 48

Postby gippobeater » 28 Dec 2012, 20:59

dwhlufc wrote:My brother had it for Xmas and asked if I wanted to borrow it on Boxing Day!

Surely it's not that bad? :lol:

You answered your own question there. :lol:

I don't know whether to laugh or to be offended playing it. Even tiny stuff is starting to bother me now, like there's a section where Sherry is in a hospital and she's running around in one of those patient robes, and for some reason her robe is unbuttoned to show off her giant tits which have magically grown since the level before that. What is the obsession with giant tits in Japan.

It's gotten to the stage where I'm just running through a level, waiting at the doors that for some reason need two people to open them, and just standing there listening to sherry screaming as she runs through about 20 zombie dudes slicing her up; eventually making it to the door so we can proceed.

And again, f**k the qtes.
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby slick loose » 28 Dec 2012, 21:18

You gay?
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby gippobeater » 28 Dec 2012, 21:31

Be saying the same thing if Jake was running around with his dick out for no reason.
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby slick loose » 28 Dec 2012, 21:34

I don't think games have enough dick swinging tbh, we should have more gender equality.

But please don't complain about boobs.

Ever.

:wink:
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby gippobeater » 28 Dec 2012, 21:44

Too late! :P
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby EighteenSky » 28 Dec 2012, 22:13

BlazBlue and King of Fighters XII. Love the former, suck the big one at the latter. I've played BB before and wasn't that bad at it, sure some of it was button mashing but learning the combos of Noel and Taokaka was fun so am gonna do that again. KOF though christ I'm bad at it, might leave it for a while.

Still got Bayonetta, Dark Souls and Demon Souls to continue with so I'm switching to see what I enjoy more.
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U), Pokémon X (3DS), Wario Land 3 (GBC)
Next to play: My Girlfriend is the President (PC), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
EighteenSky 70

Wii Code: Wii U - EighteenSky

Postby dwhlufc » 29 Dec 2012, 00:46

PES2013

Won the champions league in extra time 6-4! AC Milan just never gave up, add to that some shocking defending, and you've got the recipe for goals galore. I think I'll echo Deadys comments, I just find this more fun than FIFA. It oesnt have the licences or plethora of animations at its disposal, but its extremely responsive and full of those moments that you love about real football. The one thing I noticed in my extra time cup game, was, that the players that were shattered, actually showed it in their performances. More and more gaps were appearing as players left holes when they attacked, and they were struggling to get back into position, or keep up with my fresh legged substitutes on the counter attack.

F12012

Decided to pick this up with some Xmas cash. It's a quality racer but its harder than it should be with a pad. If you've got a wheel I'd guess this will be great, but its just a struggle to get those smooth lines that are essential to a sim or any racer that wants you to work those perfect racing lines. I'll have a mess around in the menus tomorrow and see if I can tweak it at all but if I can't then I'm not sure how long I'll keep hold of this.

Sorry, Jimbo. :(
dwhlufc 76

Postby jim2wheels » 29 Dec 2012, 00:54

No worries mate, it's never gonna be as good using a pad. However, it does take a fair few hours to get used to using the sticks. I'm also pretty sure there's some sensitivity settings and dead zone bars to play around with.

Keep me posted bud.

P.s. sold the rest of those games, can't believe I sold Dirt 2 for a tenner! I've stuck another 4 really old games at 8.99 that I thought I wouldn't even get a fiver for. If I sell them that would bring in over a hundred quid for 12 games I mostly considered dead wood.
Last edited by jim2wheels on 29 Dec 2012, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 29 Dec 2012, 00:57

dwhlufc wrote:PES2013

Won the champions league in extra time 6-4! AC Milan just never gave up, add to that some shocking defending, and you've got the recipe for goals galore. I think I'll echo Deadys comments, I just find this more fun than FIFA. It oesnt have the licences or plethora of animations at its disposal, but its extremely responsive and full of those moments that you love about real football. The one thing I noticed in my extra time cup game, was, that the players that were shattered, actually showed it in their performances. More and more gaps were appearing as players left holes when they attacked, and they were struggling to get back into position, or keep up with my fresh legged substitutes on the counter attack.

Champions league mode is excellent, I had some amazing games on there. Funniest one was smashing Juve 8-0 in the semi final second leg, they had only conceded 1 goal all competition before that, folded like a deck of cards. My favourite part is the manual pass, its just so refreshing being able to have 100% control over passing.

DWHLUFC, hit this link and you can download a free option file, ive done it and it works really well. Adds the championship as well as official kits, transfers, stadiums etc etc

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/search ... on%20files
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby middle finger » 29 Dec 2012, 06:25

I'm getting pro evo as it should be around 15-20 pounds now.
middle finger 68

PreviousNext