The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby flyfletch » 22 Dec 2012, 11:47

Has anyone else been playing Sonic and all Star Racing Transformed?? Dear god, i have lost hours on it, so addictive!! And i thought it was going to be pants, got it in my Wii U bundle, what a surprise it was! :)
flyfletch 72

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Dec 2012, 12:19

Barry316 wrote:Jetpack Joyride.

It was free on the PS store even for non plus users so i thought i'd give it a go. Bit hectic but it's free and has trophies, so it can't be bad!

Trophies?!
dwhlufc 76

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Dec 2012, 12:20

flyfletch wrote:Has anyone else been playing Sonic and all Star Racing Transformed?? Dear god, i have lost hours on it, so addictive!! And i thought it was going to be pants, got it in my Wii U bundle, what a surprise it was! :)

There's a few on here who have it, mate. I still haven't started it yet as I'm ploughing through F1 Race Stars but its next on my playlist.
dwhlufc 76

Postby Barry316 » 22 Dec 2012, 12:36

dwhlufc wrote:
Barry316 wrote:Jetpack Joyride.

It was free on the PS store even for non plus users so i thought i'd give it a go. Bit hectic but it's free and has trophies, so it can't be bad!

Trophies?!

Boom!

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/plays ... -list.html

Only a few but it's better than nothing.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Dec 2012, 13:12

I loved it on my iPhone so it's an added incentove to play through it again. :D
dwhlufc 76

Postby flyfletch » 22 Dec 2012, 14:33

dwhlufc wrote:
flyfletch wrote:Has anyone else been playing Sonic and all Star Racing Transformed?? Dear god, i have lost hours on it, so addictive!! And i thought it was going to be pants, got it in my Wii U bundle, what a surprise it was! :)

There's a few on here who have it, mate. I still haven't started it yet as I'm ploughing through F1 Race Stars but its next on my playlist.

Its very good mate, surprised me actually, thought it was going to be a half arsed Mario Kart rip off at best, it aint though, it great, well done Sega! :)
flyfletch 72

Postby gippobeater » 22 Dec 2012, 15:02

dwhlufc wrote:I would take gippos opinion on racers with a pinch of salt. He once compared the Wipeout handling to driving a bus, for shame! :wink:

I'd of played Driver by now, but the demo gave the impression that you needed to use that switch ability alot and I really didn't like that at all.

Someone is still jealous that I destroyed him at his favourite game. :wink:

Most of the cars handle the same in Driver though, that's my problem. Even the 3 door cars are like tanks. The switch idea is pretty cool the more you play of it, like switching into a kid who's getting harrased by his driving instructor then scaring the s**t out of him. Or switching into an oncoming car to crash into the guy you're chasing. It's not a great game by any means, but it's dumb fun.
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby Reegeee » 22 Dec 2012, 16:14

I've been playing that Unfinished Swan and it's good. I'm surprised at myself as I normally turn my nose up at stuff like this. I thought Linger in Shadows and Flower where shite, but I like this one. It's actually a game rather than just interactive art.

When I'm playing it I have this weird thought that this is how the Prince of Persia games should be. Obviously in 3rd person instead etc, but they should be based on puzzles and platforming like this is and just totally ditch the combat.
Reegeee 75

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby dwhlufc » 23 Dec 2012, 11:45

TDKR

I bought this when I noticed it was 69p and for the price i'm rather happy with it. Anyone who paid £4.99 will most likely have more negatives I'm guessing.

Anyway, its open world with missions set within Gotham which so far have been following the films story but not exactly the same in structure or settings but thats a given to be fair.

It controls well enough, but moving the camera can be annoying on touch screen, you'll sometimes press jump while trying to spin the camera round. The combat is very simple but fun - it has a dodge, attack and when you need to block it quickly flashes on screen for you to press, if enemies have a weapon you can use the grapple to disarm them which is a nice touch.

Visually it's pretty impressive, not as good as reviews have said, but its still a tidy looking game. One thing I have to mention is the voice acting, it's hilariously bad. If you found Christian Bale bad with his asthmatic Batman then the guy performing this voicework will really annoy you. I keep thinking of those YouTube videos that were taking the p**s out of Bale, its just so bad it has to be heard or seen if you get the chance.
dwhlufc 76

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 23 Dec 2012, 18:10

Just bought GTA 3, Vice City and Minecraft off the goole store in anticipation for Tuesday when I get my tablet. I know minecraft isnt the full edition but im still really looking forward to playing it, not had a chance as it isnt on the playstation store.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby jim2wheels » 23 Dec 2012, 19:45

I think Minecraft is a bit overrated, but then millions can't be wrong.
jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

Postby dwhlufc » 23 Dec 2012, 20:08

jim2wheels wrote:I think Minecraft is a bit overrated, but then millions can't be wrong.

Yes they can.

97 million Wii owners says otherwise! :wink:
dwhlufc 76

Postby TheLastDodo » 23 Dec 2012, 20:48

jim2wheels wrote:I think Minecraft is a bit overrated, but then millions can't be wrong.

Merry Hissmas
TheLastDodo 77

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 23 Dec 2012, 20:58

There's few things more annoying than modding Skyrim so much that it crashes to desktop and you have no idea which mod is causing the problem! Apart from that annoyance, I've revisited Splinter Cell Conviction. I remember getting it incredibly cheap at Game for like 99p in some throwaway deal last year. As much as it rapes the traditional stealth genre, it does have moments of fun. They're either so far apart or underdeveloped though that it stops it from being very enjoyable.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby jim2wheels » 23 Dec 2012, 21:25

dwhlufc wrote:

Yes they can.

97 million Wii owners says otherwise! :wink:

jim2wheels 69

PSN ID: jim2wheels

PreviousNext