to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Weapon of Choice

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Crow555 » 07 Mar 2006, 12:55

Super Nail Gun in Quake

One of the first FPS's I played and this baby captured my heart. Went through ammo WAAAY to fast but was a hoot in multiplayer.

Grenade Launcher in quake

Not quite the same as the nail gun but give a height advantage, (like the low gravity map) you could cause all sorts of chaos.

Impact hammer in Unreal Tournament

A bit of a last resort weapon but my god, did it leave a mess if you connected with it.

Redeemer in Unreal Tournament

Nuke-in-your-pocket? Yes please.

Flame-thrower in Unreal 2

Found on the Hell level and made the little spiders into little scurrying squeal bags.

L85A/G36E from Battlefield 2.

As a medic, they are my first choices in this game.

Shotgun in any Resident Evil

Made the phrase "Blow your head off" a reality.

M4 with UGL attachment in Half Life (High Def Pack)

Multiplayer was awesome with this. Autofire on one mouse button, instant crowd-dispersing grenade on the other.

Rocket Launcher in Unreal Tournament series.

What a weapon. You could fire rockets, lob grenades, stack em up to six rounds before firing AND lock onto someone as well.

Sniper Rifle in Unreal Tournament

The birth place of the word 'Headshot'. I'm sure of it.

Krogoth in Total Annihilation

An almost unstopable war machine capable of nearly wiping out entire armies and bases. I remember just about stopping one and starting to rebuild my troops before another came along. Had I noticed the resurrector unit working on the remains of the Krogoth, it would have been a different story.

Big Bertha in Total Annihilation

Effectively a long range cannon in TA. I had a habit of planting them all over the map, parking a radar jammer next to it and letting them shell the crap out of anything they liked. :D
Crow555 64

Xbox Live: Crow555
PSN ID: Crow_555

Postby csdaveuk » 07 Mar 2006, 14:07

Ahhhh, the Big Bertha. Happy memories there... :) Good choice.

We should have a poll on this - get some decent rankings going. s'not my thread and I'm too lazy to do it myself:)
csdaveuk 64

Xbox Live: csdaveuk
Steam: Giant Haystacks
Battle.net: csdaveuk
xFire: csdaveuk

Postby Corporate_sniper » 07 Mar 2006, 20:37

Right , good post and let me start with. . .

Mini gun from AVP2. Auto spin and AP bullets :) <<<< best gun evera!!!
The Corperate sniper rifel from AVP2
flak cannon from UT1 the rest when not as much fun :(
The jalvin in Joint Ops.
grand A1 from CoD1
BAR from BIA.
Dual colts from CS:source
The rocket launcher in Gore
The shotgun in SoF1 + 2
P90 in FC and CS:S
fuel rod in Halo
Colt 1911 in MAFIA
and the G-36 in FC and JO:E

Think thats them all
Corporate_sniper 59

Postby liquid_metal » 07 Mar 2006, 20:52

The Javelin in Joint Ops is evil, you may as well be sitting in tin foil instead of a tank when somone fired that thing at you.
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her... Soldiers Fire!
liquid_metal 62

Postby FatBoyFonz » 07 Mar 2006, 21:19

I have some fond memories of the Golden Gun from Goldeneye.
Can't think of anything I want to add that hasn't been mentioned - possibly the Prod in worms as well, oooh and the Baseball Bat I loved that thing.
FatBoyFonz 77

Xbox Live: FatBoyFonz

Postby User removed » 07 Mar 2006, 21:23

Mustn't forget Shoryuken fire-balls either. Every gamer worth his or her salt has always wanted to perform one and who hasn't done the joined-hands thrust motion at least once in their lives.
One day they'll make the Star-trek holo deck...but not in my life-time. :(
User removed

Postby G_Man_007 » 07 Mar 2006, 21:24

liquid_metal wrote:The Javelin in Joint Ops is evil, you may as well be sitting in tin foil instead of a tank when somone fired that thing at you.
That's the nature of the real Javelin rocket; it breaks into 3 separate armour piercing darts that increases the chances of a hit, and each shaft is encased in a mosaic of metal cubes that separate to kill and maim occupants of the vehicle or aircraft.

And the Golden Gun is classic.
PCZ/CVG Licence holder
------------
I've got a British word for you - Shitehawk.

"Bite my Beetroot! That is fantastic!"

"My Lincoln Sense is tingling!!"
G_Man_007 73

Postby User removed » 07 Mar 2006, 23:39

Ballers (Hitman)
Farsight (Perfect Dark)
Dildo (San Andreas)
Klobb (Goldeneye) :lol:
User removed

Postby User removed » 08 Mar 2006, 02:40

Mr. Grimm's Flying skull projectile from twisted metal 2 :D
User removed

Postby Crow555 » 08 Mar 2006, 11:29

liquid_metal wrote:The Javelin in Joint Ops is evil, you may as well be sitting in tin foil instead of a tank when somone fired that thing at you.

The Javelin is indeed a fearsome weapon but it does have a weakness. Since it has to arc up and come straight down it's not the best at coming back on itself. Therefore the best option is to drive your tank towards the person firing the javelin and you should be lucky enough to avoid it. That depends on you seeing them do it and react in time.
Crow555 64

Xbox Live: Crow555
PSN ID: Crow_555

Postby Corporate_sniper » 09 Mar 2006, 02:00

Crow555 wrote:

The Javelin is indeed a fearsome weapon but it does have a weakness. Since it has to arc up and come straight down it's not the best at coming back on itself. Therefore the best option is to drive your tank towards the person firing the javelin and you should be lucky enough to avoid it. That depends on you seeing them do it and react in time.

Or put it in a hanger. . . . .
Corporate_sniper 59

Postby liquid_metal » 09 Mar 2006, 09:26

Corporate_sniper wrote:
Crow555 wrote:

Or put it in a hanger. . . . .

The horror!

I still have bad dreams about that.
Soldiers, when I give the command to fire, fire straight at my heart. Wait for the order. It will be my last. I have fought a hundred battles for France, and not one against her... Soldiers Fire!
liquid_metal 62

Previous