to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

A piece of your mind

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby deadmartyr » 01 Mar 2006, 21:23

Me too - I thought it was repeating them at one point.
XBL = Draeder Kai
PSN = Shock_Recipient
deadmartyr 69

Postby spudy2000 » 01 Mar 2006, 21:34

I think the idea of the hitting questions was to gauge your feelings towards various types of assault, be it physical or verbal.
Damn you, Luigi!
spudy2000 54

Postby User removed » 01 Mar 2006, 22:17

I'd like to see the results after they're in...

The hitting questions were redundant, but I put sort of wrong for the "if they hit you" questions and really wrong for the angry aggressive questions. But I mean if someone hits you, you have two choices, run or fight

As far as genres, I can never answer that one accurately, because I like games, not genres.

They should have added the question, "when you lose a game do you take your keyboard out to the garage to destroy it because it messed you up"
User removed

Postby Noobsaibot » 02 Mar 2006, 02:15

Zigzagoon wrote:Women want equal rights, but they dont want men to hit them, hypocrites.

THANK YOU. I'm not alone.
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby Crow555 » 02 Mar 2006, 10:16

I'm a firm believe in equal rights between men and women so I answered the hitting questions based on what sort of attack it was and not who was doing the attacking.

"If you can dish it, be prepared to take it."
Crow555 64

Xbox Live: Crow555
PSN ID: Crow_555

Postby csdaveuk » 02 Mar 2006, 11:55

Next time one of these comes along, we'll get organised and make sure we all give the same answers. I want to rile up the Daily Mail :)
csdaveuk 64

Xbox Live: csdaveuk
Steam: Giant Haystacks
Battle.net: csdaveuk
xFire: csdaveuk

Postby leeb1977 » 02 Mar 2006, 12:34

Oi Oi Spanky wrote:Yeh, there's nothing like coming home p**sed & smacking your bitch up.

in my house my bitch comes home p**sed and smacks me up!

tis ok though - im usually too stoned to do anything about it :wink:

Ive done the questionaire anyway. Bit iffy on the hitting questions - it seemed very 'is hitting wrong - yes or no' when to be fair its not that black and white.

My son was getting bullied at school - i told him that if ever he hit someone then he'd be in serious trouble, however - if someone hit him then i told him to make sure he hit them back as hard as he could. Sort of a "dont start any fights - but if somebody else does then you make sure that YOU finish it" kind of thing.

Im all against violence - but if its in self defense then im all for it.

Except against women - im totally opposed to men hitting women.
leeb1977 59

Postby archebuld2 » 02 Mar 2006, 14:24

I've done my bit, and I'm interested in the results.

With regards the hitting questions, I gave the same answers no matter who it was hitting who. I believe in equal rights, and I believe it's just as wrong for a girl to hit a boy as vice versa.
archebuld2 67

Postby alberthammond » 02 Mar 2006, 17:04

that's my tuppence worth! Bloody hell those hitting questions! Kind of see where he's trying to get at, but only a psychology student could go round so many houses to get next door.
alberthammond 49

Postby knucklix » 02 Mar 2006, 20:50

Women don't want equality. They want supremecy.

And what's worse is that they already have it. If men actually did rule the world, as they like to tell us we do, it'd be a very different place. Women would still be sex objects with no rights, and we'd constantly be at war with everyone else, just like the good old days before the fifties.

Margaret Thatcher convinced her husband he was in control of their relationship by cooking him breakfast. Everything women do for us is a ploy to make us think we're in charge. But if we were in charge, we'd have blown up the moon by now.
knucklix 56

Postby User removed » 05 Mar 2006, 01:06

alberthammond wrote:that's my tuppence worth! Bloody hell those hitting questions! Kind of see where he's trying to get at, but only a psychology student could go round so many houses to get next door.

Yep, i wish they would just come out and say exactly what i assume it is about ie. violence in games.
Perhaps the Psychology dept there is being sponsered by the Daily Mail to find out exactly the attitudes towards violence in games from gamers. Thinking of GTA etc..
Is it acceptable to hit women, men, old people, kids in games does it sell will it sell without it, is it needed, does encourage violence in people etc.. i think that's what the qusetionaire is getting at or similar lines.
Perhaps i am totally wrong and we are not guinea pigs for psychology experiments and studies.

Perhaps i am totally totally wrong.... :?

I love Katherine Jenkins the Welsh opera singer.... i can see and hear on the TV as i type this right now. :P

Mmm.. get a grip AGuru
User removed

Postby User removed » 07 Mar 2006, 05:08

yes the questions were a bit flustery weren't they?

I believe the only circumstance in which one human being should phyically harm another is during a full contact fighting sport wherein all players involved know and accept the risks.

I don't presuppose differences between Women & men when it comes to "hitting" becasue I don't incourage hitting of any sort.

I have no problem arguing with a chap or a lady, an arguement (as opposed to a shouting match) is something passionate, and should be celebrated, think of the countless arguemenents that must have arisin during the making of all of the worlds best video games, if everyone were to lay back and politily get on with things, most game we play would be rubbish.
User removed

Postby User removed » 07 Mar 2006, 05:11

and yes I am heavy video games addict, if anyone should be going around shooting shooting and kicking all before and behind him it should be me.

but I dont, becasue I respect my fellow human beings.

Philosophy, has but one rule, the golden rule: treat others as you would wish to be treated.
User removed

Postby User removed » 07 Mar 2006, 22:36

aurongroove wrote:and yes I am heavy video games addict, if anyone should be going around shooting shooting and kicking all before and behind him it should be me.

Philosophy, has but one rule, the golden rule: treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Is that philosophy or was it Jebus?
User removed

Postby wassy2k » 08 Mar 2006, 01:07

seamonkey10 wrote:
aurongroove wrote:and yes I am heavy video games addict, if anyone should be going around shooting shooting and kicking all before and behind him it should be me.

Is that philosophy or was it Jebus?

I think the ultimate thing in philosophy is to find out how and why life exists :|.
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him well, Horatio
wassy2k 72

PreviousNext