to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The What are you currently playing? thread

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: The What are you currently playing? thread

Postby dwhlufc » 19 Jan 2013, 12:21

Sonic all stars racing transformed

I've completed every event and unlocked the sixth warp island. Thing is, to access the final two or three races you've got to complete every event on expert. I'm pretty decent with racers and I've completed around 6 or 7 events on expert but some of the events like Traffic Tush are just infuriating on the hard or expert difficulties. It seems abit naughty on SUMO'S part to basically lock off the final few events if you don't complete the rest on expert,especially when you consider that a lot of children will have had this for Christmas or want it because its a Sonic game. I kept going at it last night for about an hour but I just wasn't making any progress and gave up. I'll complete the Grand Prix tournaments and time trials and that'll be it for me, I've loved it up to this point, but now I feel disappointed in what I think is a pretty poor game design.
dwhlufc 76

Postby El Mag » 20 Jan 2013, 20:34

Still on DmC.

I've dropped the difficulty down from Son of Sparda to Nephilim to try and get the combat system down completely and get my last few upgrades. Only problem is now Nephilim seems proper easy and I'm not learning anything that'll help towards Son of Sparda. I can't win with the t**t.

I only want to play heaven and hell mode for fook sake!
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Barry316 » 20 Jan 2013, 23:05

The Bob Barbas fight is brilliant. And the club level.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 21 Jan 2013, 01:23

Finished Mass Effect 3 finally, maybe it's because I have the Extended Cut installed, but I though it was a great ending.

Explained everything pretty much, and didn't rely too heavily on what might be called a deus ex machina. I went for synthesis which seemed the obvious choice; I didn't want to kill geth and it had the bonus over control in that instead of having to police organics and synthetics you could merge the two and upgrade pretty much all life into something better.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Multiplayerking » 21 Jan 2013, 09:43

I just finished ME2. I was gonna go back and mess around with the last mission: sending Grunt through the vent to hack the door, and leaving Mordin to hold the fort against attacks, etc. But since you carry over your save to ME3, I better not.

Either way, it was great, and I loved seeing all the different alien races, especially the Krogan home planet and the tough call regarding the Genophage.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Jan 2013, 11:31

Uncharted at the minute. Enjoying it but it's got problems which stop it being a really good game. Doesn't seem like it will last that long but not overly fussed. Looking forward to the next one whence I'm done.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby Solm » 21 Jan 2013, 11:50

Playing skyrim on the 360, great game should last me for ages. Had it on ps3 but was way to glitchy for me, ruined the enjoyment of the game, much more stable on the 360.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 53

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby stika » 21 Jan 2013, 14:10

picked up Heavenly Sword for a cheap price the other day. The gameplay is pretty decent, but the real star of the show are the villains.

They're just so flamboyant, they kind of remind me of Kefka from Final Fantasy 6
stika 9

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 21 Jan 2013, 17:19

Hard to believe it came out in 2007! Doesn't time fly! Andy Serkis is pretty amazing as King Bohan, if you're interested there's a really good 'Accused' episode from 2010 with him as the main character which is worth a watch.

Multiplayerking wrote:I just finished ME2. I was gonna go back and mess around with the last mission: sending Grunt through the vent to hack the door, and leaving Mordin to hold the fort against attacks, etc. But since you carry over your save to ME3, I better not.

Either way, it was great, and I loved seeing all the different alien races, especially the Krogan home planet and the tough call regarding the Genophage.

So who'd you save, what did you do with the geth, who'd you romance, did you keep your fish alive etc. etc. Give us the details man!
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Barry316 » 21 Jan 2013, 18:14

Fable 2.

Decided to give it a go after reading that why i love Fable story. I'm enjoying it but i do hope my tele or 360 aren't on the blink because it seems to have some hefty motion blur on it.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby Multiplayerking » 21 Jan 2013, 19:47

spaceman_DOUG wrote:So who'd you save, what did you do with the geth, who'd you romance, did you keep your fish alive etc. etc. Give us the details man!

I lost Jack and Grunt. I was sad to lose Grunt because i loved him and always brought him with me. I romanced Miranda because I wouldn't be man enough for Jack, and Tali was probably dirty looking under the suit. Also, Miranda's booty.

I decided not to cure the genophage, just because I wanted good old Mordin on my side. In Legion's mission, I destroyed the heretics. At the end, I destroyed the ship instead of letting Cerberus get the technology. Ms Booty defended my decision and resigned from Cerberus. After we lost the crew, I did a few more missions before leaving for the Suicide Mission. I think that meant that I lost most of my crew, or would that happen anyway?

Sadly though, my fish died a few times, but Kelly said she'd feed them while I'm away.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

Postby El Mag » 21 Jan 2013, 20:01

It's perfectly alright to have tingly feelings in your happy sack about Miranda, MPK. She's based on a real woman.

Well, it's alright unless you like the computerised version more. Then you're a bit kinky and I'll pray for you.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 21 Jan 2013, 20:09

El Mag wrote:It's perfectly alright to have tingly feelings in your happy sack about Miranda, MPK. She's based on a real woman.

Well, it's alright unless you like the computerised version more. Then you're a bit kinky and I'll pray for you.

Yep she's damn sexy, she was in the Dexter season 7.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Multiplayerking » 21 Jan 2013, 20:19

Thanks for that. Now I'm off for five to six minutes, depending on how cold it is.
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

Postby GlynCR » 21 Jan 2013, 21:37

dusted off the gamecube and i'm playing zelda twlight princess through again while i wait for dead space 3, honestly forgot how great it was

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 57

PSN ID: booshtastic

PreviousNext