to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gaming Today

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Gaming Today

Postby Multiplayerking » 20 Jun 2011, 20:27

spaceman_DOUG wrote:You'll be waiting the whole game.

:lol:
Hey
Multiplayerking 68

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby mitch91 » 21 Jun 2011, 12:41

Also, I did the Challenge of the Gods on GoW1 yesterday, I think it made me go a little bit mental. I spent literally hours on the last one (where you have to kill the enemies to make the tiny platform rise, all whilst trying not to get knocked off); it reached the point where I wasn't doing it for the game's sake, more as a form of character building in proving to myself that I wouldn't give up.

On to GoW2's challenges today (3's were p**s easy in comparison).
C/P: GTA IV Episodes; Crysis 2
mitch91 55

PSN ID: msuk

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 21 Jun 2011, 14:15

mitch91 wrote:Also, I did the Challenge of the Gods on GoW1 yesterday, I think it made me go a little bit mental. I spent literally hours on the last one (where you have to kill the enemies to make the tiny platform rise, all whilst trying not to get knocked off); it reached the point where I wasn't doing it for the game's sake, more as a form of character building in proving to myself that I wouldn't give up.

On to GoW2's challenges today (3's were p**s easy in comparison).

Biggest ball ache about that is how you have to start all the way from scratch if you give up. The huge crossbowgun to kill only undead soldiers brings back memories. Bad ones.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby mitch91 » 21 Jun 2011, 23:07

I accidentally did that, I was so mad. Also I found the crossbow one quite easy, it was just a case of learning the timing.

The GoW2 final challenge was a lot harder but far less frustrating, mainly due to it being less arbitrary and I knew most of the time it was my fault for being a bit crap/dumb.

Platinums up next. (Can you tell I'm a student who has finished their exams and has nothing to do?)
mitch91 55

Postby mitch91 » 16 Jul 2011, 22:52

Crysis 2 did actually get going in the end and was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. It could've done with a bit more CoD-ness (huge set pieces where you gun down loads of enemies) to make up for the decreased amounts of player freedom.

Started Mass Effect 2 recently, for some reason its the first RPG I've ever properly played and so far I love it. I've ended up playing it like a TV series, doing 1 mission at a time in an episode format- it works really well as each time I can read through the codex and dig a bit deeper into the world. The combats nowhere near as slick as a proper 3rd person shooter but it gets the job done.

Apart from Fallout 3 can anyone recommend any other decent, preferably Western or non-'Japanesey' (yes I'm a racist), action RPGs?
mitch91 55

Postby Agent_305 » 14 Aug 2011, 20:12

Today I played Minesweeper because my PS3 has YLOD.

fml
Agent_305 40

PSN ID: Agent_305

Postby mustacherider02 » 20 Aug 2011, 21:15

HELP!!! ive been trying to play black ops on my ps3 and its locked in split screen even though ive been playing solo. why the crap is it doing this and how the balls can i fix it?!?!?! someone please help ive been searching troubleshooting to fix this for over an hour. FML!!
mustacherider02 2
New user

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 20 Aug 2011, 21:41

mustacherider02 wrote:HELP!!! ive been trying to play black ops on my ps3 and its locked in split screen even though ive been playing solo. why the crap is it doing this and how the balls can i fix it?!?!?! someone please help ive been searching troubleshooting to fix this for over an hour. FML!!

You haven't accidentally set the display mode on the settings of the XMB to 1080p when your tv doesn't support it, have you? I noticed my old tv would cause a split screen effect when I did the same thing.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

Postby Funkymonk » 10 Oct 2011, 16:11

mitch91 wrote:Crysis 2 did actually get going in the end and was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. It could've done with a bit more CoD-ness (huge set pieces where you gun down loads of enemies) to make up for the decreased amounts of player freedom.

Started Mass Effect 2 recently, for some reason its the first RPG I've ever properly played and so far I love it. I've ended up playing it like a TV series, doing 1 mission at a time in an episode format- it works really well as each time I can read through the codex and dig a bit deeper into the world. The combats nowhere near as slick as a proper 3rd person shooter but it gets the job done.

Apart from Fallout 3 can anyone recommend any other decent, preferably Western or non-'Japanesey' (yes I'm a racist), action RPGs?

Yes, two recently released games actually Deus Ex and Dark Souls are two of the better action RPG's.
Funkymonk 31

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 10 Oct 2011, 17:45

That's a massive bump, I couldn't point you in the direction of the main CVG forums could I?
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby mitch91 » 10 Oct 2011, 20:14

Whoa Doug, don't turn people away!
mitch91 55

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 11 Oct 2011, 08:21

Why don't you come over to the main CVG forums too?

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 11 Oct 2011, 15:16

We will never give up! We will never surrender!
Hatspank

TheCrimsonFenix 70

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 11 Oct 2011, 15:32

Like hanging out in the article comments is any better! :P

spaceman_DOUG 69

Postby mitch91 » 11 Oct 2011, 21:39

I just can't be bothered. Its like a weird ritual coming on here, going 'oh no nobodys posted anything' then leaving again.
mitch91 55

PreviousNext