Gaming Today

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gaming Today

Postby Scotch expert » 14 Dec 2008, 14:34

A thread shamelessly stolen from the CVG forum. What have you done gaming related today? Got any new games? Beat an insanely hard boss? Post it here.

Think of it as like a mini diary of what you've done today in the world of gaming.

To get things rolling, I continued my brick shitting exercise of playing Silent Hill 2 earlier. I'm now up to the hospital. No game has ever immersed me quite as quickly or as thoroughly as this.

Hopefully this thread won't descend into some tedious spam-fest...
Are you with me Dr. Wu
Or are you really just a shadow of the man that I once knew?
Are you crazy?
Are you high?
Are you just an ordinary guy?
Have you done all you can do?
Scotch expert 68

Postby mitch91 » 14 Dec 2008, 15:03

This was yesterday really, but i managed to complete Mirror's Edge without shooting anyone. It was hard, but i got a silver trophy. Also got to the highest rank on Bad Company online.
C/P: GTA IV Episodes; Crysis 2
mitch91 55

PSN ID: msuk

Postby zozobra » 14 Dec 2008, 16:16

nothing really, I've just been playing on PES2009, as to be fair I really cannot be arsed with anything else.

But I'm selling some manga and DVDs on eBay (Bleach, If anybody is curious. Its got to the point were its become boring, and dull, the sort of thing I couldn't care less about any more). Anyway, I'm hoping the money that I make from these sales can finance Disgaea 3 on import, also from eBay.

I'm also going to trade in Valkyria Chronicles, The Orange Box and Dead Space. I'm really finding it hard to be satisfied by a game, this gen, most games I get I become bored of, or completely disinterested with before I get anywhere near the end. Its a real shame, and annoying, because I've pretty much gone through of all the games that were part of this apparent influx of great games.

I may set up my PS2 again, and do Silent Hill 2, Beyond Good & Evil, Resident Evil 4 and Pyschonauts again. Games that I actually enjoy enough to do a few times through. Hmm....
zozobra 63

PSN ID: zombiebreath1985

Postby dwhlufc » 14 Dec 2008, 17:14

I'm still perservering with Wipeout HD,i'm trying to reach zone 75 and get that Gold medal but currently i can only reach zone 69.

I've also just started downloading High Velocity Bowling as a mate said it's alot of fun especially sionce it's only a fiver.
dwhlufc 76

Postby StokedUp » 14 Dec 2008, 18:24

i bought call of duty world at war today, not to impressed but the main reason i bought it was because 3 of my buddies have got it for xmas so im lookin forward to hookin up with em online.
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby lwill » 14 Dec 2008, 19:07

DWH: 69 is epic in itself, i congratulate you for that. Have you 'beaten zico?'

I've wasted an unfunny amount of time on zombies again today, i'm starting to get real p**sed off with people leaving mid match, especially when it's a 2 player game, you're in the middle of round 10 say and they bail for no reason.

Starting to warm to COD:WAW online a bit more, i still don't think it'll ever be like COD4, but for me, it's close enough.
lwill 61

PSN ID: overkillhunter

Postby chezmister » 14 Dec 2008, 19:33

StokedUp wrote:i bought call of duty world at war today, not to impressed but the main reason i bought it was because 3 of my buddies have got it for xmas so im lookin forward to hookin up with em online.

have you played zombies yet? The pinnacle of COD5 to be honest. The online is fresh and steady, but not as good as COD4 to be honest. The maps aren't as good, the weapons are crap, the challenges are pretty much the same. The co-op is great. The story mode is brill and varied, but too short and a tad boring when you go back to replay levels.
PSN ID: overkillcherry

C/P: AC:B, Fifa 11, Black Ops
chezmister 39

PSN ID: overkillcherry

Postby Crackajack » 14 Dec 2008, 20:55

Went back on COD4 today. That game is miles better than W@W. On my first match managed to kill three enermies and defuse the bomb when the counter got to 8 seconds.
... some say they were shot down by a RPG, well, that's what happens when you fly through the desert tripped up on acid

MGO = Crackajack91

PSN Crackajack1

Getting Killzone 2? Add Kylar_shadow if you want to play me
Crackajack 59

PSN ID: Crackajack1

Postby duncanskuse » 14 Dec 2008, 21:53

Downloaded TF2 for £6.99 from Steam. All i do is camp and snipe and I'm getting good ratios.
Played some Left 4 Dead but got fed up with of trying to campaign on advanced with people who ignore you when a Hunter's on you right behind them. Pointless trying to play.
Put my PS3 back in it's box and in a cupboard. Not going to get rid of it as I'll play it when my mates come round but I don't play on my own except for Fifa occassionaly.
duncanskuse 56

PSN ID: Skusey_Baby
Steam: Skusey_Baby

Postby rickyp74 » 14 Dec 2008, 22:04

NOTHING!i was working,then my ps3 was hijacked for kids films and THEN it turned off the tv in the flat downstairs!!eh? i thought but no it was actually true;when i put it on the tv downstairs went off !!handy to know if she p**ses me off i guess! :twisted:
seriously though a bit of be a legend is in order later
psn id;rickyp74
rickyp74 53

Postby NG_21 » 15 Dec 2008, 00:34

Went on GTAIV again with the new trophy update. Remembered how it wasn't as immediatly fun, and how restricting the first island feels, and how most of the side activities aren't really fun. Turned off.

Played treesmurf's LBP levels. Rather good.
PSN: nathaniel_21
NG_21 54

Postby dwhlufc » 15 Dec 2008, 10:40

lwill wrote:DWH: 69 is epic in itself, i congratulate you for that. Have you 'beaten zico?'

I've wasted an unfunny amount of time on zombies again today, i'm starting to get real p**sed off with people leaving mid match, especially when it's a 2 player game, you're in the middle of round 10 say and they bail for no reason.

Starting to warm to COD:WAW online a bit more, i still don't think it'll ever be like COD4, but for me, it's close enough.
Na i just can't do it,having to perform 4 barrel rolls is hard enough without making sure you hit every boost pad and perform a perfect line,saying that i'll probably go back to it when i've done the zone mode and the last 10 gold elite medals
dwhlufc 76

Postby BigBoss987 » 15 Dec 2008, 12:33

Last night I continued playing Bioshock and I managed to kill the two Big Daddies in Arcadia without dying. I was very pleased with myself and the game in general.
BigBoss987 58

Postby Preppy » 15 Dec 2008, 13:05

Been working on an LBP level. I'll let you all know when it's done, god they take a while to make though.
PSN = STOYA24, don't add me..

149 multi-post, beat that...
Preppy 46

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 15 Dec 2008, 18:27

I've stopped playing Bioshock and moved onto GTA IV again, I thought I was going to hate playing it again but I got it out anyway, had to start again because I had overwritten my almost 100% file with the PSM3 game save. (Darn it!)
It's been bloody fantastic! All this overrated stuff is nonsense it's totally fabtacular! All those trophies are great to hunt down.
Tip for 'wheelie rider', use sixaxis :wink:

I've just unlocked all the islands so it's going to be fun getting all those stunt jumps! And all those pigeons! And getting all my friends to like me! Admittedly maybe not but what the hell I can still crash choppers into trains and evade the police in a forklift!

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... let’s do the manhunt trophy.

The main achievement I've done in GTA was losing a six star wanted level (without cheats) a la the method in a previous PSM3 mag.
     Last.fm | Raptr | NationStates | Twitter

As with sonar, the big problem with detection is interpreting the returning signals.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Next