to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PSM3 Current Issue: Views...

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: PSM3 Current Issue: Views...

Postby frankthepieking » 13 Dec 2010, 22:53

Ludo?
frankthepieking 46

Postby lwill » 14 Dec 2010, 01:35

I'll take your Ludo and raise you a ker - plunk
lwill 61

PSN ID: overkillhunter

Postby frankthepieking » 14 Dec 2010, 22:20

Buckaroo.
frankthepieking 46

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 14 Dec 2010, 23:33

Candlestick, in the dining room.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 15 Dec 2010, 16:40

Just flicked through the new mag, some very high scoring games there, a good year for gaming already.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby Adam83 » 12 Jan 2011, 10:49

My copy arrived yesterday...damaged!
The spine is bent and the front page is torn - and only 4 days after I could have bought it in the shop! :(

Having said that, love the 100 greatest moments of 2010 feature and the reviews are consistently fair and interesting to read.

Can't wait for the LA Noire game - should take the Heavy Rain vibe to the next level!
Adam83 13

Postby Barca Azul » 17 Jan 2011, 14:29

Im a bit behind on catching up with my subscription after Christmas and reading Issue 135 where you talk about PES 2012 wanted list.

If they get rid of the D Pad, I will stop playing it after 10 years of playing. I dont like playing with the Analogue controller. If you want run promts on the D pad, play FIFA, but dont ruin it for the rest of us!

At least if they plan to do it allow for custom changes to allow Dpad still, even if it means less funcionality.

It would be like trying to play Sensible soccer without a Joystick for me!
Barca Azul 59

Postby The Bossman » 22 Jan 2011, 16:32

BTW I just wanna say thanks to PSM3 for using my FIFA 11 tips in one of your recent PSM3 mags. Think it was 2 months ago. :) I buy this mag every month, always a good read. A bit bogged down ATM with loads of unread mags, as well as some videogame books I'm addicted to ATM.
The Bossman 44

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby fatchins » 27 Jan 2011, 09:16

Haven't posted in these forums for too long.

New issue is great, 3 main reviews were all brilliant, It's always great to see so many top notch games in one month. I've been impressed with the overall layout of the mag recently too, some minor improvements are making it feel much tighter as a reading experience.
PSN ID: Fatchins (My user on everything)

Anyone looking for a headstart in games journalism? Or just somewhere they can write about the most recent news in the industry should PM me. http://nukoda.com wants you.
fatchins 43

Postby gypscanuck » 29 Jan 2011, 06:18

DG2010 wrote:But why does it matter what other people think Randy? I get called a 'gamer geek' at work but I couldn't care less!
I subscribe to PSM3 every year and I love reading it every month, I trust it's reviews more than any other.

Just finished reading Issue 131 and was impressed with Dead Rising 2 from what i read in the preview, why no review though?
The last laugh wasn't particularly funny though!
Also reading your top ten places to visit in Home actually got me wanting to visit it so kudos for that, I also found Nathan's foul mouthed rant at the MW2 cheaters hilarious......cheaters alone are the reason I went back to CoD4.........less nob heads!
I was also very impressed with your Mafia II review which looks great and I really liked the feature on the most exciting new games on PS3, seems to be a lot of must have games on the horizon! :mrgreen:
I always look forward to the FIFA vs PES debates and was happy to see PES has improved since last year although i'll probably get both to be honest.
Overall I loved the issue.

After getting the DR2 plat, I applaud PSM3 for giving me one of last years best games.
gypscanuck 46

Xbox Live: Nefurnest
PSN ID: Nefurnest
Steam: Nefurnest
Battle.net: Nefurnest
xFire: Nefurnest

Postby spaceman_DOUG » 02 Mar 2011, 19:54

Just got the new mag, some surprising scores.
spaceman_DOUG 69

PSN ID: spacemanDOUG
Steam: spacemanDOUG

Postby StokedUp » 04 Mar 2011, 18:39

just got new mag, some good reviews, i wasnt expecting dragon age 2 to get a 90 score, after playing the demo i was left bitterly dissapointed. The combat in the game is so boring and in that demo alone i must of repeatedly pressed X over a thousands times.

Oh yeah, worst frontcover in a long time!
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby Boss89 » 24 Jun 2011, 18:48

Love the new issue(142) but I have to say I'm not a fan of the disc.I preferred the dual DVD/HD disc.I know the video quality is HD I really prefer the ease of the DVD set-up.Having to download the vids to my already full PS3 harddrive is a pit of a pain. Sorry to be a bit of a downer.

Cant wait for new look mag
Playing:Uncharted 2,Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battlecars

Cant wait for:Uncharted 3, Battlefield3, MGS HD (MGS REMAKE FOR 25th Anniversary?????)
Boss89 37

PSN ID: BossDooley

Postby RichL » 20 Jul 2011, 16:48

Just got my subs issue 143.

Dont know what to say guys, you've obviously worked very hard but..

I have been with you since the start (you even printed my photo of my collection of every issue of the mag) but I dont get the redesign. It wasn't broken before, so you know the old saying '...why fix it?'

Perhaps I will get used to it, but this to me is the worst of the lot since the beginning of the mag. Why have you tried to copy Edge? Or are all Future mags having to go this way?

What have you done to the scores? What is the point of that? Point this and point that?

Again I must apologise, this is like calling a parents kid ugly I guess, and you take it personally. But this is the first time in 11 years (taking it from the intro) that I have been VERY dissapointed with 'my' PSM2/3.

No doubt everyone else will love it, and it'll just be me.

Sorry guys.
RichL 2
New user

Postby Trahildar » 13 Aug 2011, 11:40

Has anyone else found this new 'smarter' direction to be a tad pretentious? We knew before when it was "harder and faster" that you were intelligent guys with worthy opinions.
http://montywk.deviantart.com/art/Suicide-129872112

My moving poem and friend's artwork
Trahildar 45

PreviousNext