to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Xbox 360 controller for windows.

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Xbox 360 controller for windows.

Postby illphukiir » 29 Jan 2006, 02:57

I gots me one of these today, mainly to play Chaos Theory, PES5, Halo & some other games that are more at home on a console controller on teh PCzor.

When it was first released I saw a review but didn't read it properly but saw them plugging it into the front of a Ps2 slimline and was wondering if anyone knew if it works on a Ps2?

cheers n thankyoo all (K)
illphukiir 60

Postby illphukiir » 01 Feb 2006, 17:11

It arrived today, I ripped it out of the package, plugged it into the USB port, installed yadayadayada.

Started up Half Life 2, thought it would be just like the Xbox version with better graphics na nicer controller, clicked on the Joystick controller in the options menu and all i get to do is look left n right and go backwards and forwards. What a piece of shite.

Chucked Doom 3 on, no option to play witha joystick.

Beyond Good & Evil meclicks on the setting to try and change the controller options, and when I press the buttons nothing happens.

No point in trying to play it with LOTR BattleFME or WOW 'cos that'd just be silly.

Looked around t'internet and apparently it doesn't work with "more recent games like Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2". But quite a few people have got it to work with NFS: Most Wanted, but I've already got it on Ps2 so that's a bit fuccking pointless.

Tried resetting the PC unplugging and plugging back into diff usb ports but still no luck with BG&E. :evil:

Here's hoping that it works with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory n Max Payne 2 when they arrive tomorrow.
I'm guessing the lack of posts shows that no one's tried the controller on their PC's yet and so no one knows if it does actually work with any games.

I've still yet to plug the contrller into the Ps2.
illphukiir 60

Postby Chaos10 » 02 Feb 2006, 11:43

I had that same problem when I tried to use my wired controller for Half-Life 2. It's the same thing for CS. Very dissapointing. All the other games I have for the P.C. are either Strategy or RPG so there's no way of testing the controller out. I'd like to know what it can be used for if anyone knows.
Make it idiot proof and they'll make a better idiot.

Gamertag: ChaosResolution
Chaos10 46

Postby FatBoyFonz » 02 Feb 2006, 12:01

Works well with MAME

I also tried it with X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter since I haven't been able to play that since my brother left home with his pc joystick. Works ok, needed some configuring in game that I couldn't be arsed with.
FatBoyFonz 77

Xbox Live: FatBoyFonz

Postby Chaos10 » 02 Feb 2006, 12:37

That's a good idea actually. I forgot to mention I was using the controller to play Final Fantasy VII, until I encountered a stupid error which occurs when I try to do a chocobo race. Nothing to do with the controller mind, I'm just annoyed that the one game I was able to use it with doesn't work anymore. :(

Chaos10 46

Postby ganonshin » 02 Feb 2006, 21:30

I'll try mine with F.E.A.R later and let you know how i got on.
ganonshin 37

Postby Noobsaibot » 02 Feb 2006, 21:58

Works for me with Star Trek Klingon Academy and Midtown Madness 2.
Pity i can't play Freespace with it. Or can i........
I'm kind of a big deal...

Steam ID: noobsaibot21
XBL GT: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21 (Defunct)

Currently Playing: Video Games

Noobsaibot 67

Xbox Live: Noobsaibot21
PSN ID: Noobsaibot21

Postby illphukiir » 03 Feb 2006, 12:35

Chaos10 wrote:That's a good idea actually. I forgot to mention I was using the controller to play Final Fantasy VII, until I encountered a stupid error which occurs when I try to do a chocobo race. Nothing to do with the controller mind, I'm just annoyed that the one game I was able to use it with doesn't work anymore. :(

I've got a patch for the chocobo thing is you want it then msn me.

Thw controller works for Chaos Theory but only in single player, which is a bit shite seeing as I mainly wanted it for multiplayer.

Fable doesn't work with it either, which is silly seeing as it's a ported game from the bok.

Suyrley there's some sort of joystick mod/patch for some of these games?
illphukiir 60

Postby Chaos10 » 03 Feb 2006, 12:39

There's a patch for that!? I thought it had something to do with my disc :o . I'll give it a try later then.

Chaos10 46