to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

HALO 4

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: HALO 4

Postby Carbon64 » 09 Nov 2012, 13:12

I did warn you :lol: Iv always hated getting that game type , I'm pleased as anything that they've seperated it into its own playlist for this one :D
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby CrispyLog » 09 Nov 2012, 13:31

King of the Hill was epic craziness, it was awesome! Dodo loved it! I can't beleive we thought we were in the same game until the end when we had finished and you were still playing, then it all started making sense. Weird that though.

We had some good games, especially on Dominion until those 2 bloody wraiths turned up behind A and started blasting us. When we destroyed them on that grassy map, Exile, we put them into last stand almost straight away and then they just managed to survive by one chap capturing B, then a minute later we got them into last stand and wiped them all out. Very quick game.

Only noobs watch the killcam, real men don't get killed! I never watch it though, i just respawn and get back in there. There was a fair few laggy games lastnight though, weird as it was fine the night before.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Nov 2012, 13:51

I love that Dominion mode, reminds me of my times playing Conquest in BFBC2.

Hope more people try it out.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby Carbon64 » 09 Nov 2012, 17:44

@Crispy

Yeah I know that was really weird , I kept thinking where the hell where you two when you kept saying you's where in a warthog :lol: and then us both talking about the mechs ! I hope that's not a feature of this cause iv never heard of that happening before , was funny but Id rather it not happen again :lol:

And king of the hills s**t deal with it !

@Dodo

I really like dominion ! My new favourite game type I think :D
Carbon64 56

Postby Rick_1138 » 10 Nov 2012, 00:19

Enjoying the campaign, but wow do they need to sort out the divvying out of ammo, final battle of infinity level, you get biggish wave of enemy, you start to kill them, has 3 of the harder types in middle, so you go through your 2 guns you have, the only guns lying about are 2 rail guns, great, says I, but find the rail gun doesn't seem to hit the prom guys.

Then even if first wave is still coming at you, yet more arrive and 2 knights, I have about 6 shots of a rifle left, and the game decides to checkpoint at this stage so I have no possible way of killing the now 20 odd enemies, 3 of which are quite hard and soak up clips, so my only option was to restart mission which is a fair bit back, rage quite I have to admit, will come back to it, but the lack of ammo to volume of enemy ratio is aggravating at times.

Ho hum.
Rick_1138 33

Postby Carbon64 » 10 Nov 2012, 11:00

The only gun i ran out of ammo for on the last mission was the light rifle. You been looking around for the prometheon weapon boxes ? There's a few of those dotted around that last bit , admitadly most of them have suppressors instead of rifles but up close they'll rip the Knights to shreds ( or they did on heroic at least ). And those bolters the crawlers drop or alright once they charge up. There capable of headshots as well which is handy if your in a real mess.
Carbon64 56

Postby CrispyLog » 10 Nov 2012, 12:38

Rick_1138 wrote:Enjoying the campaign, but wow do they need to sort out the divvying out of ammo, final battle of infinity level, you get biggish wave of enemy, you start to kill them, has 3 of the harder types in middle, so you go through your 2 guns you have, the only guns lying about are 2 rail guns, great, says I, but find the rail gun doesn't seem to hit the prom guys.

Then even if first wave is still coming at you, yet more arrive and 2 knights, I have about 6 shots of a rifle left, and the game decides to checkpoint at this stage so I have no possible way of killing the now 20 odd enemies, 3 of which are quite hard and soak up clips, so my only option was to restart mission which is a fair bit back, rage quite I have to admit, will come back to it, but the lack of ammo to volume of enemy ratio is aggravating at times.

Ho hum.

You do know everything you kill drops a gun? If you mean the bit where you come through a tunnel and there's a Knight leading some grunts, then I actually did that without using a single bullet I brought to the fight as I was saving them. I ran out the tunnel, dropped an autosentry then as the grunts were fleeing managed to melee 4 or 5 of them, picked up a needler off a dead grunt, then there's a sniping jackal to the right so dodged his shots and meleed him and stole his carbine. Just hanged back and used tthe carbine to kill the floating watcher and headshot all the grunts and take out some jackals (shoot in the gun they poke out of he sield then headshot them as they raise their shied up) and then when the Knights came for me I used the needler on them when they go fair close and it destroyed them, got more ammo for needler from dead grunts and swapped the carbine for a scattershot dropped by the Knights and then ran in close to finish the rest off. Just use what's lying around and try to hang back and get headshots, or run in and kill a couple, maybe steal a gun then run to safety for your shield recharge.

Yeh Carbon I was surprised by how good the Supressors are for taking down the Knights. Empty a full clip at close range and it will go down on Heroic, much better than using a long range gun trying to get loads of headshots. Best weapons against them are shotguns/scatterguns or needlers.

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Postby Carbon64 » 10 Nov 2012, 14:22

The SAW was even better than the suppressor while you had ammo during the last mission , could take out two Knights before you reloaded ! It won't be as good on ledgendary but I'd rather get up close with the Knights for the most part , seems easier to kill them........except for the commanders with the incinerator cannons, I bloody hated those the first time I saw them :lol:
Carbon64 56

Postby CrispyLog » 10 Nov 2012, 15:53

What are you on about? Infinity is the fourth level, not the last one.

CrispyLog 73

Postby Carbon64 » 10 Nov 2012, 16:14

What are you on about ??? I never mentioned infinity there. I was just talking about how good the SAW was against Knights ! On infinity I used the railgun while I had it and stayed the hell away from user cause I hadn't been getting close up to them at that point.
Carbon64 56

Postby Rick_1138 » 11 Nov 2012, 21:13

CrispyLog wrote:What are you on about? Infinity is the fourth level, not the last one.

Sorry worded it badly, meant last level of the first section of infinity, the LZ battle.

Found out turrets were available to take and helped massively. :D
Rick_1138 33

Postby Samildanach » 13 Nov 2012, 20:36

Going to start this tonight. Brothers away for a few days and I'm off work for a week so I should finally try it out!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 70
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby CrispyLog » 14 Nov 2012, 01:51

Rick_1138 wrote:
CrispyLog wrote:What are you on about? Infinity is the fourth level, not the last one.

Sorry worded it badly, meant last level of the first section of infinity, the LZ battle.

Found out turrets were available to take and helped massively. :D

With the marines outside the door? Oh yeh I stayed on a turret all that battle. Luckily I had 6 marines still alive so 2 of them got on turrets and the others covered and we just destroyed everything!

@Carbon you git! You told me to make sure I had an Incinerator for the last big fight, so i was on the last level and had a full Incinerator and full light rifle, but for all the fights I just dropped them and used boltshots and suppressors from dead crawlers to fight through to save my big guns.... and then it ended with me on full ammo!

Bloody awesome game though, really enjoyed it. The Chief is a f**king beast! 117 4 life yo!

CrispyLog 73

Postby Samildanach » 14 Nov 2012, 23:45

Started it today. Feels like Halo, though I keep throwing my grenades away trying to bring up the sights! :lol:
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 70
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Carbon64 » 15 Nov 2012, 11:22

@Crispy

Bloody hell why didn't you just use them :lol: that last bit is one big fight from as soon as you step through the door ! The incinerator takes the knights down in seconds as well as the watchers and your biggest worries are gone then do you can kill the crawlers at your leisure.it's a more enjoyable fight when you just use the damn weapons and feel invincible for a few seconds killing things in one hit :lol:
Carbon64 56

PreviousNext