to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

HALO 4

Go here for multiplatform games discussion, past and present

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: HALO 4

Postby Carbon64 » 08 Nov 2012, 12:24

I was about to join your game but then I noticed it was full :lol: I forgot all about CVGHALO4 , I'll remember that for next time. By the time Dodo came on I was just getting ready to switch it off cause iv flu taht the best thing to do when I get a slump like that so with some luck I should be a bit better tonight.

The Ordanace drops ain't as bad as I thought they'd be but some of them are over powered ! Seen rail guns , snipers and shotguns in them. It's alright but hopefully they'll fix it at some point to stop them being to overpowered.
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby CrispyLog » 08 Nov 2012, 13:37

Yeh as I mentioned before, I got some kills then got a shotgun in a drop and just dominated so it does seem a bit unbalanced. I mean you could get unlucky and the whole of the enemy team get drops and it's 2 rocket launchers and 2 sniper rifles and they just annihalte you, there seems quite a few more power weapons than there used to be. I prefer the random drops on the map.

Also in Infection(Flood) I got a killtacular as a flood! Never done that before but I went up a grav lift and thrusted into a 'safe' place and destroyed 3 guys there, then dropped down and got another then thrusted behind the last man and got him! Possibly the quickest game on infection ever.

Best tip for multiplayer is use the DMR and get good at it and place your shots. And play to your advantage, if you have a shotgun then stay inside.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Carbon64 » 08 Nov 2012, 13:43

I think I'm gonna keep hopping between the BR and the DMR , cause I was slightly better with the BR last night so I'll just switch it depending on how I'm doing. Never seen an rockets in a drop , that's far to overpowered ! I'm honetky surprised there isn't a playlist without Ordanace.

I had a quick game of flood and it was good , nice to have dedicated skins instead of just different armour colouring.
Carbon64 56

Postby TheLastDodo » 08 Nov 2012, 14:03

I ended up getting online later than I wanted last night so decided to play the SP.

If I'm on tonight I'll try to play some MP.

I finished 2nd in my first 3 rounds of Slayer with a positive K/D, it really pays to buy a multiplayer game right away, if that was Reach I'd be languishing in last place.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby CrispyLog » 08 Nov 2012, 14:11

The DMR is much better at range as it is more powerful and more accurate. Think it takes 4 shots to kill with DMR but 5 with BR. And at fairly close range if you can get all your shots to hit then the DMR will kill quicker than the BR anyway. Each to their own, but for me the extra power and accuracy of the DMR make it a must apart from on smaller maps, and then it's best to go assault rifle anyway.

Not bad Dodo. Yeh the problem with halo is that so many people play it and have been playing it for 11 years now, so it's easy to just get destroyed. I think I'll put a lot of time into this one though as I've gone off COD and there isn't any multiplayer game on the horizon to tempt me.

I've got Rocket launcher a couple times in drops, might just be in Big Team though and not in normal slayer to make it more balanced as there's vehicles.

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 08 Nov 2012, 14:26

I use the DMR on the bigger maps for it's awesome range and precision, and the BR for the smaller maps because it just seems a lot more effective at close to mid range.

Team Slayer Pro has no ordinance or armour abilities I think, so it's just straight shooting if you don't like the ordinance. I've got rockets, Fuel Rod, Incineration Cannon and the Binary Rifle in drops so they can be a little unbalanced. I seem to get the SAW in them all the time and that thing absolutely destroys people at close range. Don't underestimate the power-ups either. Speed boost + Shotgun/Sword/Hammer = Killing Spree.

My current stats are 889 kills and 208 deaths, so a K/D of 4.27 8) I'm sure that will drop a bit when the game figures out my True Skill rank thingy. I've added CVGHalo4 if anyone wants to play. I might be playing with my mates, but if not I'll play with anyone.
Mortal Mad Matt 47

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby Carbon64 » 08 Nov 2012, 14:36

Iv only been playin normal team slayer so iv only been on the small and medium maps up till now do maybe that's why the DMR doing nothing for me.

There's a team slayer Pro ??? How on earth have I missed that :shock: I might be spending some time in there I think.
Carbon64 56

Postby Rick_1138 » 08 Nov 2012, 15:04

Well my wireless adaptor died, so ordered a new one on amazon so hopefully get it on friday.

so no online shenanigans for me. :(

Also.£60....... :evil:
Rick_1138 33

Postby Carbon64 » 08 Nov 2012, 16:04

Bloody useless those things are ! My old one worked for about a year before it packed up ! Got another one but that one only works every other day so I'm just using a 20 foot Ethernet cable now :lol:
Carbon64 56

Postby Rick_1138 » 08 Nov 2012, 17:06

If it dies again, its a 10ft ethernet cable under the carpet.

How is it the ps3 has one built in and has been faultless for some 4 years!
Rick_1138 33

Postby CrispyLog » 08 Nov 2012, 23:58

£60? Almost better just buying a new 360 with wireless built in...

CrispyLog 73

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Nov 2012, 03:32

I wish we could disable killcam.

I don't mind being beaten by a better player, outskilled, outsmarted but I don't want to see a replay of me dying from a guy aiming 10ft to the side of me.

It's just a kick in the balls and it's happened way too often tonight.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby dicky1993 » 09 Nov 2012, 11:00

alright slags if i get halo 4 can we play co-op campaign? ps. your spelling is awful carbon
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby Carbon64 » 09 Nov 2012, 11:26

dicky1993 wrote:alright slags if i get halo 4 can we play co-op campaign? ps. your spelling is awful carbon

I'd be up for it yeah , I'm only gonna be able to stay on till 11:30-12:00 though for a while though till things get sorted. Oh and my spelling can be bad because I'm typing it on an iPhone at work so I'm typing Fast so I don't have an awful lot of time to check it. Still I'm no where near as bad as Dave :lol:

@Dodo the kill cams a little annoying but it's just an extension of what was already there , cause in 3 and Reach it zoomed in behind whoever had killed you. I do like it in the sense you can see how long someone was stalking you for though and you had no idea :lol: Did Crispy subject you to king of the hill in the end then ?

Oh almost forgot did you remember to give him his verbal warning ? :lol:

One thing that I'm curious about is how did I get shunted into a different game from you two :? Iv never seen or heard of that happening before.
Carbon64 56

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Nov 2012, 12:29

Yes he did and it was utter s**t :lol:
TheLastDodo 76

PreviousNext