to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

So...

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: So...

Postby rbt2 » 27 Feb 2013, 02:18

I gotta tell you all...we come from a proper rough hole.
Derby, Leicester, Coventry.....we are as rough as you.
And I ain't very proud about that!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby EighteenSky » 27 Feb 2013, 23:35

Loss for us tonight in a meaningless cup match so not too bothered. The news coming out of UEFA though... they really are pathetic, UEFA and Platini showing once again that they hate Turks, this best sums it up:

Seriously why are they punishing us for something out of our control? All the supporters did was launch and parachute some flares over the Sukru, it looked fantastic and was a big middle finger to UEFA, they can go f**k themselves for picking on us.

This is a lovely pic of what the ban is for:
EighteenSky 70

Postby Reegeee » 27 Feb 2013, 23:49

You have to laugh at this Rafa situation don't you? Possibly the worst managerial appointment of all time that I reckon. I mean no one is getting anything out of that arrangement.
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Samildanach » 28 Feb 2013, 00:47

Benitez is too good for the likes of them!! Abramovich will be their next manager, if not John Terry will be player manager as no self respecting coach would take the job now. Mancini might though when he's sacked in the summer.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby treesmurf 11 » 28 Feb 2013, 00:55

Well Rafa is laughing all the way to the bank, he could completely f**k the Chelsea team up but he'll still get paid and if he's fired then it's no biggie because he was gonna leave anyway.

Samildanach wrote:Benitez is too good for the likes of them!! Abramovich will be their next manager, if not John Terry will be player manager as no self respecting coach would take the job now. Mancini might though when he's sacked in the summer.

Mancini is going nowhere and has better sense to even consider Chelsea, they'll easily find a replacement though, plenty of managers that have been out of the game that'll happily take the cash, what's Cappello doing nowadays?

EighteenSky wrote:Loss for us tonight in a meaningless cup match so not too bothered. The news coming out of UEFA though... they really are pathetic, UEFA and Platini showing once again that they hate Turks, this best sums it up:

Seriously why are they punishing us for something out of our control? All the supporters did was launch and parachute some flares over the Sukru, it looked fantastic and was a big middle finger to UEFA, they can go f**k themselves for picking on us.

This is a lovely pic of what the ban is for:

Madness that really, stupidly inconsistent again from UEFA, they seem to just make the rules up as they go along and then change them up in order to punish or save certain teams. It's not really any worse than flair throwing which seems to show up every other game.
My Twitterings
3DS Friend code: 3866-8000-9437
treesmurf 11 69

PSN ID: treesmurf11
Wii Code: 3916 3672 8458 8486
Steam: treesmurf11

Postby shellster2 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:55

rbt2 wrote:
shellster2 wrote:Derby is a shithole. Leicester is slightly less of a shithole. Don't even get me started on Nottingham! Cov had a cerfue, that's all you need to know.

I think you meant 'curfew', mate.
And we had one of those when I was a little boy.
And it was at that point when me dad said...'That's it. We are out of here!'

did i? yes i did. pathetic old brain of mine. you had a kerrrrrrrfew as well then Royston? Just your house i'm guessing!

I'm very pleased to get back to winnig ways against Blackburn this week. They've hit a bit of form and we had none whatsoever. It's going to go to the last weekend in the Championship?

@EighteenSky - are you Turkish? If not, excuse my ignorance, but why on earth would you support a turkish team? Just wondered. But then again I've got a soft spot for Queen of the South. but enough about RBT.... :)
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby shellster2 » 28 Feb 2013, 15:03

Samildanach wrote:Benitez is too good for the likes of them!! Abramovich will be their next manager, if not John Terry will be player manager as no self respecting coach would take the job now. Mancini might though when he's sacked in the summer.

agreed. Chelsea is a f**king clown club.
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 67

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss

Postby EighteenSky » 28 Feb 2013, 16:09

shellster2 wrote:@EighteenSky - are you Turkish? If not, excuse my ignorance, but why on earth would you support a turkish team? Just wondered. But then again I've got a soft spot for Queen of the South. but enough about RBT.... :)

No I'm not Turkish, not even close. Various factors as to why I started supporting them. Main ones are that I didn't like the way City were heading (spendy spendy), I looked for a new team and stumbled upon Fener. I remembered them from the first CL match I ever watched, loved the support and they had players at the time I was fond of (Kazim Richards, Lugano, Alex and Niang). Didn't go for another English team as I didn't really like many of them.
EighteenSky 70

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Feb 2013, 23:32

Any of you Liverpool lads watch the FA youth cup game tonight?

I think the scoreline was overwhelming but I think you did just edge it. I was we'll impressed with that lad on the left who scored twice in the first half for you, he's got pace to burn has that lad. Our number 11 was great aswell and ill be shocked if we keep hold of him, his passing range was just brilliant and his vision was np by far the best on the pitch tonight.
dwhlufc 75

Postby rbt2 » 02 Mar 2013, 14:33

Magnificent away result for the SUPER EAGLES last night.
Held on for much of the second half but Speroni saved a pen so all was good.
Didn't get home til the wee hours this morning but worth it to see THE PALACE WIN AWAY!
Unlike last Saturday when we played like a buncha c**ts.
Top spot is gone but we are only 2 points off second.
C'mon you Eeeeaaaaaaggggggllllleeeessssss!!!
rbt2 76

Postby Barry316 » 02 Mar 2013, 15:03

Did you watch Soccer AM today? Him that scored for you was on, he seemed like a decent type, not your usual serious type of player that says errrm a lot in interviews.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby rbt2 » 02 Mar 2013, 15:09

Yeah saw that, Baz. They showed a few of his shots too. What they didn't show was all his off target shots. He can't shoot for s**t normally but plenty of skill and took his goal well last night.
Some Palace fans rate him higher than Zaha but that's b*****ks cos he ain't.
Like him though.
That bloke from The Inbetweeners was on too and a Palace fan.
rbt2 76

Postby Carbon64 » 02 Mar 2013, 15:11

*please let Ronaldo get injured, please let Ronaldo get injured*
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby Izo » 02 Mar 2013, 15:19

They banned a team from competing in Europe for 2 years because a few supporters set off flares?
Izo 70
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: The Wyrdness
PSN ID: Wyrdness
Battle.net: Wii U: Wyrdness

Postby El Mag » 02 Mar 2013, 17:56

Get in there Shinji, hopefully he can kick on from here now.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

PreviousNext