to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Official 6 nations 2006 thread

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Official 6 nations 2006 thread

Postby User removed » 05 Feb 2006, 03:12

Well the 6 nations started last night, and seeing as there isn't a thread out on it I figured I'd start one being a rugby fan.

Well, results on last night:

England vs. Wales: 47-13
Ireland vs. Italy: 26-16

Your thoughts please.
User removed

Postby Beats12 » 05 Feb 2006, 11:26

After giving France a beating today, Scotland are going to see off all comers and lift the six nations! :D

In all seriousness, I reckon it's now between France and England. France are at home when they play England (I think), so I'm gonna go for them as likely winners.
Beats12 65

Postby User removed » 05 Feb 2006, 11:51

I'd like to see France triumph over England. Not surprising really...:D Wales haven't played anywhere near what they're capable of, shown by the thrashing at the hands of England. I'd like to see what Scotland are capable of this year under the new coach though. And don't forget about France's notorious inconsistency.
User removed

Postby User removed » 05 Feb 2006, 18:12

sean_the_bean wrote:I'd like to see France triumph over England. Not surprising really...:D Wales haven't played anywhere near what they're capable of, shown by the thrashing at the hands of England. I'd like to see what Scotland are capable of this year under the new coach though. And don't forget about France's notorious inconsistency.

Yes, i would like France do over England being Welsh myself, but England got to admit looked powerful.
Wales, though most of my brothers would disagree are no where near the strength of England.
In fact Wales really only won last years six nations as England were a team in transition.
Henson etc..? Personally i thought would have made no difference to yesterdays result.
Wales can beat the likes of Scotland Italy etc... but anyone else and it's back to the drawing board.
Got to say though Italy looked good, give them a few more years and you never know.

Anyway 'Viva le France!!!' Mmm...! I mean 'Viva le England'
Sort of hoping to dodge English backlash!
User removed

Postby lutha89 » 05 Feb 2006, 18:52

SheepShagger :P
AGE OF ORTON
lutha89 40

Postby User removed » 06 Feb 2006, 02:34

The form books have been torn up and tossed in the fire!

Scotland 20 France 16! :shock:
User removed

Postby deedee87 » 06 Feb 2006, 15:38

Ah, that was a sweet match yesterday. Kinda makes up for the kicking Wales got. I was particularly impressed by our second try. It's not every day you see a 22 meter driving maul.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
deedee87 61

Postby softy12 » 09 Feb 2006, 20:08

We(Ireland) were just pathetic against Italy and the two tries we scored were questionable at the very least.
If we play like that in Paris,we will get murdered.

I think the championship is between France and England but I give the French the advantage as they are at home v England.
Currently Playing:
Nothing
softy12 42

Postby User removed » 09 Feb 2006, 22:18

I came across some "rugby analysis" program on the telly that said the main reason why Leinster (who've got all the Irish backs except for O'Gara and Stringer) can tear sides apart and Ireland can't is because of the Irish 10, O'Gara. Supposedly he doesn't quite have the same passing range or creativity as the Leinster stand-off, Felipe Contepomi of Argentina. He's still good for possession and territory stakes though I don't think thats going to matter much against the French (despite them being shot down by the Scots).
User removed

Postby User removed » 10 Feb 2006, 13:40

sean_the_bean wrote:I came across some "rugby analysis" program on the telly that said the main reason why Leinster (who've got all the Irish backs except for O'Gara and Stringer) can tear sides apart and Ireland can't is because of the Irish 10, O'Gara. Supposedly he doesn't quite have the same passing range or creativity as the Leinster stand-off, Felipe Contepomi of Argentina. He's still good for possession and territory stakes though I don't think thats going to matter much against the French (despite them being shot down by the Scots).

I agree
User removed

Postby User removed » 10 Feb 2006, 13:58

Predictions for the weekend...

For me:

England 36 Italy 17
Wales 28 Scotland 24
France 45 Ireland 25

Anyone else's?
User removed

Postby User removed » 10 Feb 2006, 14:25

sean_the_bean wrote:Predictions for the weekend...

For me:

England 36 Italy 17
Wales 28 Scotland 24
France 45 Ireland 25

Anyone else's?

Right of to the bookies with those predictions, lol

England a win
Scotland a win (And i'm a Welshman)
France a win
User removed

Postby Beats12 » 11 Feb 2006, 13:40

I never actually gave Scotland a chance against France (despite what I said in my previous post). I hear it was a brilliant game, Shame I had to work all day Sunday :evil: . I doubt if England will concede 17 against Italy, it will be something like 30-6, or something.
Beats12 65

Postby User removed » 11 Feb 2006, 15:07

Beats12 wrote:I never actually gave Scotland a chance against France (despite what I said in my previous post). I hear it was a brilliant game, Shame I had to work all day Sunday :evil: . I doubt if England will concede 17 against Italy, it will be something like 30-6, or something.

Yes, agree with the England score
User removed

Postby User removed » 11 Feb 2006, 15:24

Halftime at Stade de France, and Ireland are trailing 29-3...
User removed

Next