to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

FA Cup

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby dinsfire » 24 Apr 2006, 21:06

Liverpool definitely need a striker that scores 25-30 goals a season if they are to get better. The defense and midfield are great, they just lack the prolific goal scorer.
dinsfire 64

Xbox Live: Dinsfire

Postby The_Hun1 » 24 Apr 2006, 21:16

i don't think we need a 25-30 goal scorer we just need a 15-20 goalscorer since our top striker has 11 goals in all compititions i think out of 60 plus games so far this season.

Fowler if he gets a deal will be good for about 15 goals next season from the bench, but we need like you said a penalty box striker who can bang them in, maybe even horseyhead 25 miles across the way might be tempted since he's fallen out with his trainer.

Dafoe is good, but he's not a great goal scorer, who else.........owen?

What good strikers are their in europe now?
Freedom is more than idea, it's a way of life and if you don't agree then move to a country that dosn't have it!!!!
The_Hun1 66

Postby wassy2k » 24 Apr 2006, 21:56

You can have Owen for 20 Million.
Liverpool will never get a high scoring forward. They're like Chelsea, bloody boring. Once in a while they'll dominate a team but they'll never go out and set themselves into a mode where they'll win by scoring more than the opposition. Instead, they put men behind the ball.
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him well, Horatio
wassy2k 72

Postby The_Hun1 » 25 Apr 2006, 16:00

wassy2k wrote:You can have Owen for 20 Million.
Liverpool will never get a high scoring forward. They're like Chelsea, bloody boring. Once in a while they'll dominate a team but they'll never go out and set themselves into a mode where they'll win by scoring more than the opposition. Instead, they put men behind the ball.

Maybe that's why we have won the european cup 5 times, the league 18 times, the league cup 7 times, the FA cup 6 times, the old division 2 title 4 times, Charity or communtiy shield 14 times, uefa cup 3 times, european super cup 3 times, super cup winners 1 time, calsberg trophy 3 times, reserve divison one title 16 times, FA youth cup 2 times, and heck we even have the old Lancashire League title 1 time aswell.

Giving us a total of 83 trophies all in all in the old trophy cabinet, how many have newcastle got again?

If that's what playing good sensible football can get you, then i would take that over free flowing attacking football when you might score 3 but let in 4 in one game and another, it might be good to watch, but your team and club dosn't get anywhere with it in the end.

Owen 20million quid we would take him back if he was about the 5 million mark, since that is what he is worth, no more no less.
Freedom is more than idea, it's a way of life and if you don't agree then move to a country that dosn't have it!!!!
The_Hun1 66

Postby User removed » 25 Apr 2006, 19:01

I see Liverpool got off on another lucky decision.

How the hell is that ref going to the WC after that?
User removed

Postby The_Hun1 » 26 Apr 2006, 18:23

Nolfy wrote:I see Liverpool got off on another lucky decision.

How the hell is that ref going to the WC after that?

What lucky decision would that be then? it was a free kick against terry (his studs were showing and it was dangerous play) terry goal was disallowed for climbing all over riise (he didn't complain about it, like the rest of the chelsea team didn't either), our second goal was class.

That it's really try the next time to watch a match through your own eyes and not ''the special one'' rose tinted everyone is against us glasses. if you used your own eyes you would see chelsea got what they deserved from the game, nothing...
The_Hun1 66

Previous