to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Boxing

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby softy12 » 05 Mar 2006, 21:23

What a masterclass by Calzaghe.He completely outboxed and outclassed Lacy and just gave him a boxing masterclass.

Without a doubt one of if not THE best boxing performance I have ever seen.I agree,Lacy should have been pulled out,he had no energy left and when you're just waiting for one big puch that wasn't going to arrive it could have gotten very serious for the American.
Now,Calazaghe has to be in the top 3 pound for pound in the world.
Currently Playing:
Nothing
softy12 42

Postby lutha89 » 05 Mar 2006, 21:33

I seriously find it hard to believe that it happened! I did think that Lacy would trouble Calzaghe more than anyone that he's ever thought but it didn't happen.

I underestimated the speed of Calzaghe's hands as well and was amazed at the constant flurries he was punding Lacy with. And Lacy said that Calzaghe slaps!! I wonder if the Brain Damage he has probably suffered confirms that :lol: .

Now the next fight to look forward to is Scott Harrison Vs Joan Guzman, which promises to be an exciting one. Could be one toughie for Scott Harrison, but then again could be completely different, don't know any more!!
AGE OF ORTON
lutha89 40

Postby leeb1977 » 06 Mar 2006, 10:26

class class class fight - Lacy was totally outclassed. Brilliant night of boxing - the enzo Mac' Vs Hobson fight was also a class fight.

Kudos to Frank Warren for moving to ITV too - they have decent coverage when you get past the first 5 rounds (bloody ad breaks!!).
leeb1977 59

Postby AndyT » 06 Mar 2006, 17:38

I've been saying how good Calzaghe is for years and after the Lacy fight i think he might have won over quite a few doubters. A total masterclass.

Have a look at the following link, the article is pretty poor but the comments are very funny. :D

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=6217&more=1
AndyT
Admin Team

Postby User removed » 06 Mar 2006, 18:34

That article is poposterous!
Can't be bothered to check but i bet the writers a sour grape Yank...

:wink:
User removed

Postby soulfinger » 06 Mar 2006, 19:10

AndyT wrote:Have a look at the following link, the article is pretty poor but the comments are very funny. :D

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=6217&more=1

but the main reason why I think he won the fight was his willingness to clinch, hold, grab, and claw to keep Lacy’s offense at bay :shock: :? What in the blue hell is this dude talking about? What fight was he watching :roll:

Read some of the comments (over 300 of them) the writer gets a slatting from people saying he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. Too right!!! (though some Yanks agreed with him)
Way of the Dancing Bear.
[b]Check out The Next Level Gaming Podcast on iTunes[/b]
soulfinger 62

Xbox Live: Soulfinger73
PSN ID: Soulfinger73

Postby softy12 » 06 Mar 2006, 21:10

leeb1977 wrote:class class class fight - Lacy was totally outclassed. Brilliant night of boxing - the enzo Mac' Vs Hobson fight was also a class fight.

Kudos to Frank Warren for moving to ITV too - they have decent coverage when you get past the first 5 rounds (bloody ad breaks!!).

I still prefer Sky Sport's boxing coverage though but on ITV it will appeal to a larger amount of people which is good for the sport.
Currently Playing:
Nothing
softy12 42

Postby lutha89 » 07 Mar 2006, 00:08

To Aaron Jones: What clinching? Have you not read the hundreds of posts here? If your definition of clinching is one fighter running rings around his opponent and hitting him with huge combinations at will than you are correct. Otherwise you are an idiot who knows nothing about boxing. You probably didnt even see the fight.

What a great comment. The guy who wrote that article is a dick with no knowledge.
AGE OF ORTON
lutha89 40

Previous