to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Australian Open

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Beats12 » 28 Jan 2006, 15:20

darth_diggler wrote:So Mauresman won when Henin forfeit because of stomach pains.

Mauresman - despite participating in the wrong gender class - had three bitches quit against her in 7 matches, this way I could win the australian open aswell.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was going to say that (the gender part, anyway)!
Beats12 65

Postby JedHawk » 28 Jan 2006, 16:28

Well that was a stunning victory of overwhemlingnessisity for Amaleie.
She did play awesome in the first set, I have to give her that. her backhand was just as good as Henin's, and her cross court forehands were lethal.

Now, this reminds me of when she lost to Hingis in some grand slam final, possibly was the AUS open 7 years ago, but anyway, Hingis credited her opponent, but commented that she played "like half a man", meaning her power... yeah.
I see chemically imbalanced people
JedHawk 52

Postby User removed » 28 Jan 2006, 18:56

*backhands jed*

My backhand is the best.
User removed

Postby JedHawk » 29 Jan 2006, 01:38

*Backhands Matty, drops Matty, slices Matty, smashes Matty, and another backhand*

My backhand is my great shot when I play, it's a shot others should make sure they practice as much as the forehand. So many players with a non-devastating backhand on the pro circuit it's unreal.
JedHawk 52

Postby darth_diggler » 29 Jan 2006, 12:58

Well Federer won, and subsequently broke out in tears. Me too, tears of laughter :o

"And finally I would like to thank Rod Laver for this...*SOBS*...trophy!"
*breaks down in tears again*

Lmao, what a guy. Federer could/should go on to become the bestiest tennis player of all time. Sampras won, what, 13 slams?
darth_diggler 21

Postby softy12 » 29 Jan 2006, 18:27

Ye,pretty emotional speech by Federer just like when he first won Wimbledon.I thought Baghdatis played well for the first two and if he had of closed out the second set the match would have been completely different.But....he didn't and Federer cruised to victory outplaying the Cypriot in set 3 and 4.
Currently Playing:
Nothing
softy12 42

Postby JedHawk » 29 Jan 2006, 18:47

He does have the most unique interviews, saying how either it was easy, or how much it affects him inside. But he deserves it, simple. He is a fantastic player, and entertaining, not a boring power/acer that many complain about. Raw talent, and so much variety in his game.

But credit to Bagdhatis for managing to start his gameplan with force, if that second set had have gone to a tie-break, it could have been so different. We have a new star in the game to look out for, that is for sure, he won't fade away.
JedHawk 52

Previous