to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Club or Country?

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Club or Country?

Postby Reegeee » 18 Oct 2012, 13:31

Yeh and that was actually the first half decent tournament there has been in years, remember the last World Cup? God that was awful.

They are on about expanding the Euros next time aswell so there'll be more teams in it too which is what is wrong with the World Cup IMO. Too many teams, takes too long, too much defensive football by those that can't compete. I reckon you'd be best off only having 4 groups with the winners of each one going straight to a semi final. You could even have groups of six if you wanted.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 73

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Carbon64 » 18 Oct 2012, 15:38

Oh god don't remind me about the world cup ! That was a disaster of a tournament.

The next world cup "might" just be exciting though. Brazil NEED to win this one and to do the they actually need to play like Brazilains ! The need to be all about flair and take the p**s out of other teams like they used to ! None of the crap they did during the last world cup , just go for it. Hell they'd probably scare most teams to death if they did.

Brazil , Spain , Argentina. One of them'll win the next one and it should a hell of a game between whoever it is cause 2 of those 3 should be in the final.
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby flash501 » 18 Oct 2012, 16:04

Argentina are a team of bottlers. They play terrific football in the group stages, scoring goals for fun then, as soon as they come up against a good organised team in the knockout stages, they panic, they look ordinary and they get knocked out. Happens every World Cup with them now.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby El Mag » 18 Oct 2012, 16:08

Belgium will win it.

Get down to Paddy Power (not racist, it's a nice bookies) and put 20 quid on that bitch.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby StonecoldMC » 18 Oct 2012, 16:23

I think they might be a tad over rated Mag.

They were good against us but not great. Put them up against a strong German, Spanish, Argentinian or French team and they'd get pumped.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby Carbon64 » 18 Oct 2012, 16:36

Any other time I'd agree with you Flash but it looks like they've finally got a system to suit messi and that's been their biggest problem the last few tournaments.

They'll also love to win it in brazil , the celebrations would be unreal :lol:
Carbon64 56

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby Samildanach » 18 Oct 2012, 23:27

I usually hate watching Ireland play. We're awful to watch. Even when we play teams much s**tter than ourselves and we expect to win, we struggle. Bar the recent destruction against Germany and at the Euro's, we're much better suited to being plucky underdogs.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby Cocacola » 18 Nov 2012, 16:27

Club.
A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two-tired.
Cocacola 47

Postby shamanouman » 11 Feb 2013, 13:20

impressed to view, i like and i am going to share it with my friends on my twitter.....
shamanouman 1
New user

Previous