to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Today's the Day As Far As Liverpool Fans Are Concerned

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Today's the Day As Far As Liverpool Fans Are Concerned

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Sep 2012, 12:42

Its a Massive day for Liverpool, football fans, the police, the Government, the media and so many more people today.

Being a Rangers fan, we experienced the Ibrox disaster, I wasn't there, I wasn't born then but my Dad was at the match that day. Its a day that still resonates with Rangers fans everywhere. But we had closure. We didn't have this monumental cover up, where people and organisations and institutions have lied through there back teeth to try and escape blame or culpability.

I was a youngster when it happened but I can still remember the tv pictures coming through that day. I genuinely hope that Justice IS served today and those affected by the tragedy can finally move on.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: Today's the Day As Far As Liverpool Fans Are Concerned

Postby Reegeee » 12 Sep 2012, 13:27

59 out of 96 could have survived.

164 police statements deliberately amended.

It's worse than anyone could have ever imagined. A complete and utter disgrace.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Sep 2012, 13:39

Bang on Reeg.

Ive been reading a lot of articles and coverage of it this afternoon, its f**king heartbreaking and anger inducing in equal measures. Scandalous doesnt even begin to describe what went on here. Not only do they need Justice but people have to go to Jail for this.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Reegeee » 12 Sep 2012, 13:49

I thought there would be a few revelations, but to be honest I had no idea that the cover up was on this kind of scale. The concerted effort the police went to to smear the fans is absolutely disgusting. What's even more shocking is that the media just lapped it up and ran with it and invented the whole 'victim complex' thing. It's utterly, utterly disgraceful what has happened to the familys.

Maybe people will think twice now before making stupid and ignorant statements about Liverpool fans in the future.

I think it's embarrassing how few politicians bothered to stay in the house while this is going on too. There's about 7 Torys left in there. They couldn't give 2 s**ts about this.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby StonecoldMC » 12 Sep 2012, 14:07

The Tories, News Int, Kelvin Mackenzie, South Yorkshire Police and many many more . . . . .

These people and establishments have to be pursued through the highest courts in the lands.

The revelations have been stomach turning, but somehow with the people involved, not all that surprising.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby El Mag » 12 Sep 2012, 14:58

Words can't express how much of a f**king t**t Kelvin Mackenzie actually is.

The s**t he wrote then later admitted his apology was forced can't be forgiven by anybody, no matter where they're from.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Sep 2012, 16:00

Had radio on earlier and they were talking to a guy that was outside Hillsborough on that day as events unfolded and he was saying to the interviewer that they wanted him in for a hearing or something to offer his "side of the story", he told a cop what he saw and the cop told him they'd let him know when to come in, the guy was never informed of the date of this "hearing" and when he rang up to talk to the cop about him not being informed of the date of the hearing the cop told the guy he'd never heard of him.....

It's just flat out disgusting what I've heard and read today.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby dwhlufc » 12 Sep 2012, 16:47

I don't know a huge amount about this but I genuinely do feel sorry for the families involved and pray they get justice for their loved ones.
dwhlufc 76

Postby flash501 » 12 Sep 2012, 19:14

The evidence was clearly there all along, how can it take 23 years for the truth to come out?! It beggars belief!
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby rbt2 » 15 Sep 2012, 19:17

Agree with everyone else. A terrible injustice has been put sorta right.
Now all this Munich/Hillsborough chanting between the 2 sets of fans really must stop.
Football was a right c**t to go to in the 80's but it's all changed for the most part now.
Funny/pisstaking banter only now should prevail.
Apart from when we're playing Scumton, that is.
The gay boy c**ts.
Prevail....that's a good word coming from me, innit?
You c**ts.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby Lady Gagagged » 15 Sep 2012, 22:42

Jimmy McGovern should be saluted, every c**t else should die. I'll applaud Cameron when he admits how many governments and previous ministers knew about this and chose not tto push this through. Wankers the lot of them.
Lady Gagagged 66

Xbox Live: Unflusterrable
PSN ID: Saul_Iscariot

Postby rbt2 » 16 Sep 2012, 15:29

Lady Gagagged wrote:Jimmy McGovern should be saluted, every c**t else should die. I'll applaud Cameron when he admits how many governments and previous ministers knew about this and chose not tto push this through. Wankers the lot of them.

Agree 100%.
The ordinary, working class football fan, whatever your club, was well and truly f**ked over by the establishment.
rbt2 76

Postby ricflair » 16 Sep 2012, 16:07

The actual measures taken before the match, as far as fences and 'pens' go kinda make sense in relation to what footie was like back then. Loads of football fans were c**ts, Liverpool had form. I'm sure managing them on the day was a f**king nightmare. But then they should have been prepared for it, as it wasn't exactly surprising.

But the cover up, the blatant mismanagement, the lies... totally inexcusable and that it's taken this long, with inaction by successive governments, is shameful.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby rbt2 » 16 Sep 2012, 16:20

I sorta know what you're saying there, ric.
Many so called fans were animals and what with Heysel, Liverpool fans most certainly did have a reputation.
However, I am old enough to remember those days. Me older bruv used to take me to quite a few away days back then and all fans, regardless reputation, were treated like cattle.
The old bill looked upon all of us like we were hooligans. Whether we were or not.
I've seen some terrible things that I'd never want my boy to see at a match.
I was listening to this on 5 Live t'other day and a bloke who was at Hillsborough said he was approaching the ground and could see the trouble unfolding.
Apparently he asked the police to open the double gates at The Leppings Lane End but this copper told him he couldn't because most of them didn't have police radios!!!
A total f**k up that cost 96 lives and thank f**k football stadia are safer places to go to nowadays.
As an aside, let us never forget the poor bastards that perished in the Bradford fire.
Or the fans who died at Ibrox all those years ago.
And the juventus fans either.
You should expect to go to a game and come home alive.
rbt2 76

Postby ricflair » 16 Sep 2012, 18:57

I see the Man U Supporters Trust are burying their heads in the sand...

We did hear the usual anti-Liverpool chants at the match today but we're pleased to say, despite some reports to the contrary, there was nothing that was specifically referencing Hillsborough.

That's just utter bullshit.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Next