Congratulations Andy Murray. He Only Went And Bloody Done It

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Congratulations Andy Murray. He Only Went And Bloody Done It

Postby StonecoldMC » 11 Sep 2012, 09:03

Well, stayed up to watch this Epic final last night and im feeling it this morning.

It was worth it though.

Drama, intensity AND a happy ending!

I didnt think he would ever win a Slam, though Im Delighted to be proven wrong.

Well in Andy Murray. The Greatest sporting feat from a British Sportsperson that Ive ever seen!

:D
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Re: Congratulations Andy Murray. He Only Went And Bloody Don

Postby rbt2 » 11 Sep 2012, 11:12

Great victory. We all sat their rivetted to the screen last night and I don't. much care for tennis.
Not the greatest British victory on foreign soil in my opinion though.
That would either go to Llyod Honeygan beating the great Don Curry or the first time I saw us beat the yanks on their turf in The Ryder Cup.
Great achievement though.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby FishyGinger » 11 Sep 2012, 11:45

Well done to him indeed, fair effort. Don't really care that much though. Tennis is an individual sport, he wasn't doing it for his country. The olympics though, that was different.

Otherwise it's just a group of individuals so I don't regard their country, only the most likable.

Still good win, Novak is good at his comebacks.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby StonecoldMC » 11 Sep 2012, 12:08

Get what you guys are saying. I think the fact that he had lost 4 on the bouce, the pressure on him must have been incredible. No one had ever won a Slam after losing in 5 finals, then the way Novak came back at him in sets 3 and 4. I dont know, it just kinda took my breath away.

Everyone will think differently though. Thats the beauty of Sport :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby silversun_111 » 11 Sep 2012, 12:35

Well done to Murray, it was definitely a matter of time, he has really picked up his game this year. Every grand slam final Murray has played was against a past champion, which is a credit to him as the rest of the top 4 won their first Grand Slams against players who hadn't won a Grand Slam. I wouldn't say its the greatest sporting feat by a British sportsman Ive ever seen, but its mighty good. :D
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby ricflair » 11 Sep 2012, 13:20

I watched it on a brilliant stream on first row sports, nice sharp picture which makes a change from the footy once, that mostly look a bad copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a s**tty VHS tape.

Was well chuffed for him. I reckon it's overtaken Ally McCoist being a captain on Question of Sport as Scotland's greatest sporting achievement.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby ginsin » 11 Sep 2012, 15:20

YEEEESSS! Get in there! Good work, Murray.

I only managed to catch the first 2 sets, so gonna have to download the entire match and give it a watch.
Victory is just a prelude to the next battle.
ginsin 67

Xbox Live: Nocuous Penguin
Steam: ginsinuk

Postby rbt2 » 15 Sep 2012, 20:44

ricflair wrote:I watched it on a brilliant stream on first row sports, nice sharp picture which makes a change from the footy once, that mostly look a bad copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a s**tty VHS tape.

Was well chuffed for him. I reckon it's overtaken Ally McCoist being a captain on Question of Sport as Scotland's greatest sporting achievement.

Hahaha.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle