Wrestlemania XXX - There's Gonna Be Spoilers - BEWARE

Discuss entertainment, TV, Film, sport, politics, whatever you want

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Wrestlemania XXVIII!!!

Postby gippobeater » 02 Apr 2012, 04:02

Enjoyed that Wrestlemania from the Undertakers match on, great last match but Taker and trips stole the show.

BUT STILL

GET EM ROCKY!!!
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby Samildanach » 02 Apr 2012, 04:13

^^^ :lol: Quality!!

No doubt about it, Undertaker and Triple H's match was the highlight of the night. Especially the way it ended, it's not often you see respect like that for each other in the WWE. It was handled really well I thought.

And on RAW tomorrow night, we'll see the Rock and John Cena set up a rematch for Wrestlemania 29!!
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby TheLastDodo » 02 Apr 2012, 10:53

Bryan vs Sheamus - UGH. WWE at it's worst. I paid to see Bryan Danielson wrestle at WM. I like the ginger bloke and I like the YES!!! man but this shat on both of them and p**sed me off. Bad start *.

Kane vs Orton - Match was good but didn't care for it at all, then as it got going it ended. Orton made this match more than watchable, don't like the new masked Kane, he doesn't have "it" anymore ***1/2.

Cody vs Show - Average match, expected more from it but what can you do to hurt a 7ft 500 Ib man if you're Cody Rhodes? Cody needs to eat a few cheeseburgers, at least it went longer than 18 secs **1/2.

Divas - Wasn't as bad as I expected but would've preferred Kharma to come out and beat the s**t out of them all, divas matches suck now Trish & Lita have gone, bring back bra & panties matches **.

HHH vs Taker - Amazing match, Taker looked strange yet badass with the buzzed mohawk, the result was predictable but damn what a journey to get there. Cool ending with HBK & Taker carrying out HHH. I know it was built as 'The End of an Era' but Taker & HHH proved they've still got it *****. There's no way Taker will retire without facing Cena at WM.

Teddy vs Johnny - Nowhere near enough Ziggler in this match, Bella twins looked fine as ever, Vicky needs to STFU as ever, Khali still has no arse, it was fine but I wudda preferred elimination match. Team Teddy shudda been disqualified for bringing an illegal object (Hornswoggle) into the match **.

Punk vs Jericho - Great match as I expected but a little too safe for me, would've liked it more if Jericho and Punk brought something new out for Mania. While I enjoyed the match it could've been any PPV match for these two but whatever. Poor crowd for first 15 mins. Jericho is a fantastic arsehole, wasn't sure who would win but glad Punk won in the end ****1/2.

Cena vs Rock - Unusually for me I was cheering on Cena, Rock has bored me in the build up, crowd was hot but I expected a more hostile reception for Cena considering it was Rock's hometown, if Cena had got the same reception he got at MITB in Chicago when he faced Punk this could've been *****. Surprisingly good match, I knew it wouldn't suck as Cena can get a good match out of anyone and Rock looked like he hadn't lost a step at Survivor Series a few months ago. I don't do quarters so Rock vs Cena gets ****.

Unfortunately a certain Brock Lesnar didn't return as was speculated but hey ho there's always RAW for that.

Aside from the disgraceful opener I really enjoyed WM this year, could it have been better? Absolutely but nothing truly bored me and we got three MOTY contenders so I give WM28 ****.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Carbon64 » 02 Apr 2012, 12:03

Ah bastard I thought this was next Sunday :? Glad to hear taker and rock won though !

I'll wait a couple weeks then watch those 2 matches on you tube :lol:
Carbon64 57

Xbox Live: XB JACK
PSN ID: Carbon64

Postby TheLastDodo » 02 Apr 2012, 12:57

Carbon64 wrote:Ah bastard I thought this was next Sunday :? Glad to hear taker and rock won though !

They're already on youtube ;)
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Samildanach » 02 Apr 2012, 14:34

In fairness, the crowd was pretty s**t all night, but I reckon that was down to the open air venue, none of the wrestlers really got as big a cheer as I thought they would.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

Postby Carbon64 » 02 Apr 2012, 15:15

TheLastDodo wrote:
Carbon64 wrote:Ah bastard I thought this was next Sunday :? Glad to hear taker and rock won though !

They're already on youtube ;)

Oh fantastic ! Thanks Dodo :D last year when I tried to find them no one put them up for about 2 weeks so I thought d give it the same amount of time :lol:
Carbon64 57

Postby TheLastDodo » 02 Apr 2012, 15:24

Well thats according to a friend of mine, if it's not then let me know and I'll PM you a link with HD replays and download links that I use normally.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 02 Apr 2012, 15:50

Anyone else falling asleep at their desks at work today, or wherever it is you work?

It was after 4 that I ended up going to bed and I must admit, it was the first WM ive enjoyed in years.

Like everyone says, the Taker v HHH match was Awesome and it rounded off the night perfectly seeing Cena trying to drop The People Elbow on Rock only to get countered with a Rock Bottom.

Twitter basically kept me going through the not so great matches, so apologies for the nonsense I was spouting last night, as Gippo can testify too.

#IfCenaWinsWeRiot lol
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Carbon64 » 02 Apr 2012, 17:26

I might have look tonight depending on what time I get finished but if I don't see them I'll take you up on that.

And that twitter tags fantastic :lol:
Carbon64 57

Postby ricflair » 02 Apr 2012, 21:22

Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Samildanach » 03 Apr 2012, 00:32

It'd do, but you can't beat two sweaty men!! :lol:
PSN- Samildanach

Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

Postby gippobeater » 03 Apr 2012, 11:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF338gXdL_o

Watched Raw last night, the crowd were insane, far better than the 70000 in the stadium. They knew lesnar was coming, every 10 minutes there was "We want Lesnar" chants. Sheamus got booed out of the building and there were YES! chants for Danie Bryan all night long. When the mexican buck Del Rio came out the chants turned into "Si!Si!Si!Si. :lol:

Rock said he wants to become wwe champion again at some stage, so he will wrestle again more than likely
It's Resolutionary
gippobeater 72

Postby Samildanach » 03 Apr 2012, 11:09

Just watched it, they have to have known that was going to happen to Sheamus!! People get psyched up for a big event and then are hit with that s**t! Fat Albert is back too as Tensai. I thought Lesnar looked a bit chubby too!!
PSN- Samildanach

Samildanach 71
Global Moderator

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Apr 2012, 11:12

I take it this means Lesnars UFC career is now officially over then?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

PreviousNext