to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 4 is official - details coming Monday

Your comments on our articles.

First official artwork for the pirate-themed game released

Ubisoft has officially announced Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag following numerous leaks in recent weeks.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Assassin's Creed 4 is official - details coming Monday

Postby DiamondDogs » 28 Feb 2013, 13:50

rubblemaker wrote:
DiamondDogs wrote:Connor is my favorite assassin and it's sad he's not returning

Well, that makes one of you. Most. Boring. Character. In. The. History. Of. Videogames.

Nice opinion, I don't agree with it but good for you. Thank you.
DiamondDogs 61

Postby StonecoldMC » 28 Feb 2013, 14:01

sonic_uk wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote:@ sonic_uk

There were lots of people deriding MS yesterday in that thread, saying that by going after exclusive content and timed exclusives they were segregating Gamer's and the industry and that this was something that Sony would never do, because Sony love Gamer's and just love to make Games. This was after I pointed out that The Witness and Destiny would be appearing exclusively on the PS4 or at least get exclusive content.

I maybe didn't explain myself properly but I'm typing this from the ceiling of my office as my colleagues try to pull me down after the Rangers Title Stripping verdict came in :D !

Ahh I see, thanks mate! I know its 12.45pm, but its still too early in the morning for me!

No worries Bud :D .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:07

Sonic get out of bed its a wonderful day :mrgreen:

As for this news it is great to see Ubisoft not milking a franchise with continued knock offs, half assed releases etc etc

Oh wait that's not right. Well if I develop insomnia I'll be sure to pick up another installment of the dullest game this gen.

Yes I want there and all the shiny looks in the world won't change it.

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby shev » 28 Feb 2013, 14:16

Even though I buy all my 3rd party console games on ps3, I really hate it when they pull off stuff like this. I just hope that the exclusive content is of the nature that it would never have been produced, if it not were for the chunk of money gained from the platform-owner. Unfortunately there's not much to do about it as I see it. It's not as if the people choosing a different platform out of principle outnumber the ones being swayed to the console with the exclusive content.
shev 46

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 28 Feb 2013, 14:32

Having really liked the naval parts of AC3 and hating pretty much everything else. i'm quite looking forward to this. Not as much as i used to, But i'll pick it up at some point.

saying there's only going to be a year and a halfs dev time on its a little naieve though. chances are they started devlopment of IV while they were still working on three. Thus the fact its not ps4, 720 bound.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby buffig » 28 Feb 2013, 14:48

So, are they attempting to make something like a 3rd person Far Cry 3. Surely a similar setting/environment. FC3 was already well on the way to being an AC game.
buffig 61

Postby rubblemaker » 28 Feb 2013, 14:50

DiamondDogs wrote:Nice opinion, I don't agree with it but good for you. Thank you.

You're welcome. :D
rubblemaker 42

Postby TheLastDodo » 28 Feb 2013, 14:52

Jesus Christ

Assassins Creed V with ol' JC please Ubisoft.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:54

Assassins Creed isnt going to survive till next generation at this rate. This will be the.....6th entry in under 5 years, not to mention the 7 dlc packs theyve also released. Give it a rest already
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 74

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby DiamondDogs » 28 Feb 2013, 14:57

rubblemaker wrote:
DiamondDogs wrote:Nice opinion, I don't agree with it but good for you. Thank you.

You're welcome. :D

Understanding is great... :lol:
DiamondDogs 61

Postby rubblemaker » 28 Feb 2013, 14:58

MrPirtniw wrote:Hey! HEY! Don't you be forgetting the entire cast of Final Fantasy 13! I have no intention of playing Assassins Creed 3, but surely this 'Connor' you speak of can't be as dull as the ironicly named Lightning, can he?

Having avoided Final Fantasy harder than I'd avoid an english 'value' lasagne these days I can honestly not comment on whether Connor was more or less dull than Lightning. I can however confirm that the trees in Connors game displayed more personality and emotion than Connor himself.

He had some pretty mint fighting skills though. Just completely charisma-free. Replacing him with a pirate can only be a good thing really.
rubblemaker 42

Postby rubblemaker » 28 Feb 2013, 14:59

DiamondDogs wrote:Understanding is great... :lol:

understanding sarcasm and not rising to it is even better... damn!! :x
rubblemaker 42

Postby TheLastDodo » 28 Feb 2013, 15:00

StonecoldMC wrote:@ sonic_uk

There were lots of people deriding MS yesterday in that thread, saying that by going after exclusive content and timed exclusives they were segregating Gamer's and the industry and that this was something that Sony would never do, because Sony love Gamer's and just love to make Games. This was after I pointed out that The Witness and Destiny would be appearing exclusively on the PS4 or at least get exclusive content.

What makes The Witness exclusivity funnier is that Sony didn't pay anything for the exclusivity, according to Blow.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby wwinterj » 28 Feb 2013, 15:16

While this is to soon after 3 I'll be buying it. I assume it'll be out October/November.
wwinterj 50

Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Postby Bambis Dad » 28 Feb 2013, 15:21

Dodo someone should tell Stonecold that it is only coming to the playstation and not xbox was due to the fact that Microsoft showed no interest in the game. This has been there approach over the lifespan of the 360, showing no interest in games. Bah dum tish.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

PreviousNext