to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' leaked with screenshot, po

Your comments on our articles.

New Assassin's Creed seemingly outed by leaked promo materials

The next Assassin's Creed game will be called 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag', if supposedly leaked promotional materials turn out to be genuine.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag' leaked with screenshot

Postby corkscru74 » 26 Feb 2013, 22:54

Adds credence to what Michael Denny mentioned in his interview then. *Sigh* and I thought I had a scoop :lol:

I love Pirates. I love the Caribbean. I love Pirates IN the Caribbean. I don't love the idea of Assassin's Creed in this setting. I absolutely HATED Boston in AC3, I really had to force myself to complete the opening chapter. Once I got into the Frontier section it definitely improved but only because I pictured myself in Pocahontas :lol: I liked the Free-running in trees (Tree-running?) but, well, Palm Trees don't have any branches to run along. :?

As other posters have stated, Victorian London has a perfect geography for an AC game - narrow streets, alleyways, buildings that go above two-storeys tall!
corkscru74 49

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby BenThomasFoster » 26 Feb 2013, 23:54

NO THIS ISN'T WHAT ASSASSINS CREED WAS MEANT TO BE ABOUT GET BACK TO A REAL DENSE CITY, GET BACK TO HISTORICALLY ACCURACY. AND UBISOFT MAKE A SPIN OFF OR NEW IP BASED ON BEING A PIRATE INSTEAD OF MILKING, DONT YOU BE LIKE EA
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby Godlike Ape » 26 Feb 2013, 23:57

Punk-rock Assassin's Creed. Want it.
Godlike Ape 42

Postby dicky1993 » 27 Feb 2013, 01:10

Too soon
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby HelloLadies » 27 Feb 2013, 01:26

ricflair wrote:I might just buy an AC game again if this is the main character...

That Henry Rollins has got his fingers in all the pies.
HelloLadies 50

Postby disgustingtramp » 27 Feb 2013, 04:04

I always read this statement on the comments whenever there is an article on Assassins Creed, "could be the best one yet" Nah, I am telling you right now, since 2 came out, not one of the others has been as fun for the story or the missions or the characters in the game. I am so dubious of them releasing another so soon after the glitchy mess that was Assassins Creed 3. Now don't get me wrong, it was fun in parts, but never memorable, its been using the same formula since 2 and has been riding on its back for so long. So yeah, I am going to wait until not only the reviews have come out but also the aftermath after the game has come out before ever calling another creed game good. I made the mistake on 3, thought it would be amazing...turns out, its a bit of a mess with some good bits.
disgustingtramp 32

Xbox Live: MrR0TTENPIECES

Postby Imaduck » 27 Feb 2013, 04:13

Not very assasiny is it? :shock:

I love pirates and I love ship segments in games generally. It's possible to make it good but it's not a great fit. UNLESS.

There are rough pirate towns and ports and ship segments are only part of it and consist of stowing away, climbing up the side of ships and hiding, assasinating onboard etc..

There is potential here but I have concerns. I think they're kind of riding the success of 3 with a "people just want to kill stuff now, forget stealth and open world". I reckon it'll be too much just charging into hand to hand combat and political posturing.
Imaduck 58

Postby sbradley88 » 27 Feb 2013, 08:40

zT R4MP4G3 wrote:
Or a Nazi like Assassin's game that is World War II based.

No. As I've said before, AC3 barely survived with its inclusion of single shot flintlock and muskets. If it added fully automatic weaponry it would render the sword/hidden blade combat obsolete. I really wish they'd made the new one part of the story like they did in 2.

Onomatopoeia wrote:Another Ass Creed, oh joy.

Bravo, so original. No one's come up with that before. Do us all a favour, and if you've got nothing positive to say about anything, then just stop bothering posting. Like, at all.
sbradley88 56

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby richomack360 » 27 Feb 2013, 09:59

Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby hi0marc » 27 Feb 2013, 12:27

Sailing sections were good fun I though; less enjoyable were the "oh no the ships falling apart now run outside- oh wait that floor has broken now climb up the- oh thats caught on fire now run around it." sections
hi0marc 41

Postby wwinterj » 27 Feb 2013, 12:56

dicky1993 wrote:Too soon

I agree. Surprised at it been called AC 4 just a year after 3. Still it's just a name at the end of the day. Looking forward to this if true.
wwinterj 48

Postby Moribundman » 27 Feb 2013, 13:52

Something seems off with this.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of production value on the "cover"/teaser design, which looks comic book style where nothing in the AC canon has before aside from the Graphic Novels, I find it highly unlikely that ACIV would release with a subtitle (either they'd release it as AC: Blag Flag or AC IV outright, surely?). Also the protagonist doesn't look any different from Connor (if anything more like Ezio). This would make sense if it was Haytham's father and it was his his armour Connor inherited via Achilles, but I feel like for a full blown AC sequel they would go further.

If (IF) this is ACIV then it sounds good, but this time period would be better served by a semi-sequel like Brotherhood or Revs filling out Haytham and his father/Achilles back story rather than releasing as an outright sequel.

I feel like this is not ACIV because there's too much oddness about it. Maybe a graphic novel spin-off of AC3? Anime? Outright fanfic?
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby Ali_ » 27 Feb 2013, 14:31

Put the series to bed for a few years. It's seriously worn out now.
Ali_ 54

Postby Moribundman » 27 Feb 2013, 16:50

Google News feed says there's an invite only Ubisoft AC-themed event in London today anyway. Someone apparently leaked that.

Should sort out whether or not this is b*****ks...
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby sammikid » 28 Feb 2013, 22:28

disgustingtramp wrote:I always read this statement on the comments whenever there is an article on Assassins Creed, "could be the best one yet" Nah, I am telling you right now, since 2 came out, not one of the others has been as fun for the story or the missions or the characters in the game.

I agree none have come close to the second game. I enjoyed the first game for the setting, story and experience of free running around those ancient cities, but it did get repetitive which the second installment addressed.
I enjoyed the ship battle missions of the third game alot, to the point I thought they should make a game which focused on this aspect of the game.
What I said about it being "the best on yet" is wrong because it would be to much of a departure from what made Assassins creed great to begin with. They should just start a whole other franchise if they want to go in this direction.
sammikid 58

PSN ID: SammIKid

Previous