to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Alleged PS4 controller photo leaks online

Your comments on our articles.

Dev kit and controller prototype snapped - 'real deal' claim reports

A photo of what's claimed to be a PlayStation 4 dev kit and a prototype controller has surfaced online.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Alleged PS4 controller photo leaks online

Postby shev » 14 Feb 2013, 23:02

micka wrote:
shev wrote:I look forward want to smashing greek gods by quickly moving the controller down their heads or something like that. The possibilities are almost endless as far as I'm concerned. Imaging steering, selecting what sheppard is gonna say next by tilting, rolling forward, parrying and more! I so badly want this to be real now! :lol:

Thats pretty much what the ps3 controller could do at launch. Not alot of games bothered with it and the ones that did felt forced.

The problem was that it never worked as intended because it was far too imprecise. This is how it should have been.
shev 46

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Feb 2013, 23:03

Well it's wider and thicker by the looks of that pic so that should satisfy all the bear pawed folk at least :P.

Would've been nice to see if they had remodelled the triggers.

Hopefully it's just a prototype at this point because it's a bit of a dog to be completely honest about it.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby 360_Fan » 14 Feb 2013, 23:06

Windowlicker79 wrote:The blue light on top must be for move, which seems like a good idea and will save on having to buy extra accessories.
I saw this mock-up the other day and thought it looked quite good. It seems they got it pretty close if this is real.

Again this looks like its designed for small hands to me. I have enough trouble using the buttons on my galaxy s3 so imagine how a full qwerty keyboard will be on that. Will probably have to come with one of those pen things. Also the thumb sticks are the same. I won't judge until I have tried it though. Looking forward to the 20th.
360_Fan 60

Postby goggy » 14 Feb 2013, 23:06

That touchpad looks ridiculous.

But on closer inspection, it could be just the right size to lay a chocolate bourbon on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby Onomatopoeia » 14 Feb 2013, 23:12

goggy wrote:That touchpad looks ridiculous.

But on closer inspection, it could be just the right size to lay a chocolate bourbon on.

A pad will never be this good again.

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Ono_Reviews
Check out my blog on the industry and game reviews:http://www.onoreviews.tumblr.com
Onomatopoeia 32

Postby flash501 » 14 Feb 2013, 23:13

360_Fan wrote:
Windowlicker79 wrote:The blue light on top must be for move, which seems like a good idea and will save on having to buy extra accessories.
I saw this mock-up the other day and thought it looked quite good. It seems they got it pretty close if this is real.

Again this looks like its designed for small hands to me. I have enough trouble using the buttons on my galaxy s3 so imagine how a full qwerty keyboard will be on that. Will probably have to come with one of those pen things. Also the thumb sticks are the same. I won't judge until I have tried it though. Looking forward to the 20th.

They said it's a touch PAD not a touch screen.
flash501 78

PSN ID: flash501

Postby Barca Azul » 14 Feb 2013, 23:23

Looks fake if you ask me.

I'll wait before making comment.
Barca Azul 61

Postby Imaduck » 14 Feb 2013, 23:33

Looks fake to me too.
Imaduck 58

Postby James Smith » 14 Feb 2013, 23:35

LOL :-)
James Smith 9

Postby Bambis Dad » 14 Feb 2013, 23:38

Imaduck wrote:Looks fake to me too.

Which one? The mock up that Mister Licker posted saying it bore more than a passing resemblance to the one in the article or the bong that resembles a dildo?
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby TheLastDodo » 14 Feb 2013, 23:49

Looks like a prototype to me (if it's not a fake) and there's supposedly a few prototypes floating around if CVG's rumours are true.

No-one actually thinks this is the finished product do they? Hell it doesn't even say Sony on it at this point.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby sammikid » 14 Feb 2013, 23:56

Its obviously a prototype, and the finished product will look just as different to the dev kit sat in the background (i'm assuming thats a dev kit)
I hope the rumor is true that you can still use your old dualshocks on the new system. Never saw a problem with having a choice of two sized controllers.
Sony should have just made a slightly chunkier controller this gen for all those complaining, although there are 3rd party 360 style controllers out there anyhow.
sammikid 60

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby Antideity » 15 Feb 2013, 00:04

OMG what's that it's plugged into?? Is that what's the PS4 is going to look like?? No, it's just a dev kit. In all likelihood this controller is just the prototype they made to send out with the kits, before the design for the actual controller had been finalised. Surely the real thing won't look like this.
Antideity 40

Postby Bambis Dad » 15 Feb 2013, 00:09

I'm less worried about appearance than I am with design. If it is front mounted or on the underside of a standard DS3 pad I don't think I could comfortably use it.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Get Over Here » 15 Feb 2013, 01:07

Interesting thing I get from this prototype pad is that the console will be black.

Which is good news indeedy. I want them to continue the world-class design of these:

and:

One thing they are unbeatable at on their day is design.
@KazHiraiCEO "Yes they are crunching, Geoff. Crunching like delicious Doritos potato chips"
Get Over Here 47

PreviousNext