to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Call of Duty confirmed for Q4 2013, 'will raise the bar

Your comments on our articles.

New shooter to release amongst "volatility" of "ongoing console transition"

Coming as a surprise to no one, Activision has confirmed plans to release a new Call of Duty game in Q4 2013.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Schlowbro » 07 Feb 2013, 23:52

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation"...

Recycling is not innovation.
Schlowbro 48

Postby Fever » 07 Feb 2013, 23:54

we need another cod4 mw that redefines the genre. I cant see it happening for a while tho :(
Fever 33

Re: New Call of Duty confirmed for Q4 2013, 'will raise the

Postby MrPirtniw » 07 Feb 2013, 23:59

Innovation... OVERLOAD!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Drusus » 08 Feb 2013, 00:03

I don't know, I quite like Call of Duty, something to mess around with for a month. Usually have fun with it then get back to the hardcore games. I know what I'm getting with Call of Duty and it's enough to entertain me until the next game arrives. It's like popcorn gaming, I just enjoy it.
Drusus 58

Postby casshern09 » 08 Feb 2013, 00:06

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for innovation and we expect a new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher,"

LMFAO! Awwww man that did make me chuckle. Innovation? Oh please. Raising the bar? Uhm, no to that as well.
casshern09 37

Postby 360_Fan » 08 Feb 2013, 00:06

"There is increased volatility this year due to the ongoing console transition, which makes predicting the future more challenging than during normal uses in the cycle."

More fuel for the fire. The first cod on the next gen machines is something to look forward to.
360_Fan 61

Postby frazzerr » 08 Feb 2013, 00:07

COD in it's countless iterations has never provided innovation, yet why blame Activision and Treyarch because a large majority are stupid enough to buy a recycled product which never improves. Think I might go curl up in a dark corner and weep at the state of humanity...
frazzerr 44

PSN ID: frazzerr_1

Postby adison » 08 Feb 2013, 00:08

No way, another Call of duty game in Q4 2013!

Who'd a guessed that?!

Are you sure??
there's a time and place for everything. and this is neither the time nor the place

psn id :- Johnny_Damage_
adison 43

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 08 Feb 2013, 00:22

-moves bar 0.000001mm-
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Drusus » 08 Feb 2013, 00:28

frazzerr wrote:COD in it's countless iterations has never provided innovation, yet why blame Activision and Treyarch because a large majority are stupid enough to buy a recycled product which never improves. Think I might go curl up in a dark corner and weep at the state of humanity...

Hey, I'm a gamer, CoD has fast fun 60fps multiplayer shenanigans in an easy to swallow size that I know will not let me down because it won't try to change it's core. My favourite game is Shadow of the Colossus, I love playing Deus Ex and flip my lid when playing Baldur's Gate. Can I enjoy a non thinking popcorn fun multiplayer game without you trying to demote me to the scum of the earth, it's one game, you don't have to buy it, I'm not going to make you play it with me. Even I'm only going to play it for a month at best, look, see I'm playing Ni No Kuni now, it's amazing so much better than CoD but guess what I'll be enjoying this November.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, once a year franchises don't bother me if they have two teams developing they're still giving the teams the standard time they would to complete the game, some games don't keep up the quality but without the rose tinted specs Black Ops 2 is quite a step up from CoD4, sure it isn't the genre definer CoD4 was but there will be other shooters in the future for that, when I play a CoD it's because that's what I want to play. I quite like to check up on the game series I like knowing I'll be getting a taste of what I know and enjoy and .........(looks around sheepishly) I don't think games are that expensive.

Also you don't need to weep for me, just play the games you do like and stop worrying about me. I'd suggest Super Mario 64, whenever I feel down about anything that game makes me feel awesome.
Drusus 58

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 08 Feb 2013, 00:31

frazzerr wrote:COD in it's countless iterations has never provided innovation, yet why blame Activision and Treyarch because a large majority are stupid enough to buy a recycled product which never improves. Think I might go curl up in a dark corner and weep at the state of humanity...

Stupid for buying a game they know they'll love? But I thought we buy games for the fun we get from them?
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby cult » 08 Feb 2013, 00:34

I think I'm finished with CoD.
The last time I played it was release day for MW3, I got to a shoot out between two helicopters and thought nah that's it.
I've got Black Ops 2 unopened and I had it a week before launch, I do actually want to play this one for the story but won't open it till I finish the above.

Sledgehammer doing MW4?
Its just f**king with timelines, alternative now and near future don't have quite the authenticity to make me care or suspend my disbelief to get stuck in.

A next gen WW2 made for realism rather than cinematic might reboot the series for me but I'm out for now.

I'm hoping DICE do a WW2 add-on for BF3 in the manner they did Vietnam for BF2.
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 62

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Postby 1Nightmare1 » 08 Feb 2013, 00:41

"The Call of Duty franchise continues to set the bar for making our valets fat and we expect a new Call of Duty game in development for 2013 to raise that bar even higher,"

I think that's what he been trying to say, at least it makes a lot more sense anyway.
1Nightmare1 52

Postby Dandelion » 08 Feb 2013, 00:45

at least the next generation of consoles will force them to try a little harder, specially with their engine
Dandelion 39

Postby Headsrinker » 08 Feb 2013, 00:54

Innovation, is he really saying that with a straight face? I thought this console transition would be the perfect opportunity for activision to stagger the release of COD. This would, in my opinion, potentially revitalise the franchise as I do not think yearly releases are sustainable for much longer before a burn out occurs. Many would argue that this burn out occurred 3 years ago!
Headsrinker 49

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Next