to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Hands-on: Disney Infinity is equal parts Skylanders, Minecra

Your comments on our articles.

Why Disney's Toy Box looks to offer more depth than you may expect...

Last week Disney officially announced Disney Infinity, its "most ambitious gaming initiative ever", but the complicated Hollywood press event ultimately threw up more questions than it answered. This week, we got a chance to sit down with the game to find out if it really is the next big thing Disney believes it is.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Hands-on: Disney Infinity is equal parts Skylanders, Minecra

Postby Barca Azul » 25 Jan 2013, 00:11

Sounds a Monster inc rip off to me.

Plus probably one of those things you get you kid and end up buying lots of toys costing the cost of a new console or two!
Barca Azul 61

Re: Hands-on: Disney Infinity is equal parts Skylanders, Min

Postby Marirranya » 25 Jan 2013, 08:42

from what i understood reading articles about infinity, the collectible figurines are not a must to be able to play the game.

correct me if im wrong @@
Marirranya 3

Steam: ninabadgurl

Postby Barca Azul » 25 Jan 2013, 09:37

Marirranya wrote:from what i understood reading articles about infinity, the collectible figurines are not a must to be able to play the game.

correct me if im wrong @@

I think this is true, but to unlock the additional content you would need them. Plus this is aimed at kids and if you get your kids hooked on this, the figures could become an expensive requirement.
Barca Azul 61

Postby Simon Carlin » 25 Jan 2013, 12:43

Taking the video game element out of it, isn't it just the electronic equivalent of toys?

I was mad into loads of stuff, probably cost my parents hundreds of pounds over the years, we all did.

How much would a decent set of Masters of the Universe cost? Or Turtles? Or Thundercats. Not a full set but a decent set, something like two or three vehicles, a playset and maybe five of six figures?

£120 - £180 depending on the brand and what do they do after you've lost all the little plastiki things and buried them, arse up, in the garden?

Showing my age here, but in this case I can only see it as an ace thing and wish I had it when I was a kid. Instead of buying and action figure and using my imagination, which you can still do very, very much so, I could also play with a fantasy world on my console, that only improves with each action figure you buy.

Not seeing this is showing how old you've become.
Simon Carlin 25

Postby BeansOnToast » 25 Jan 2013, 18:29

I saw the lead picture of this article on the main page and thought it was going to be about a Sulley's Freestyle BMX game. But it's not. :(
BeansOnToast 29