to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Why I'm obsessed with... Fable

Your comments on our articles.

Eight years on, and we never caught a single chicken...

It was in the 26th hour of Skyrim that the hankering first took hold. Not that the sheer majesty of that game wasn't gob-smacking, just that I felt I'd been here before, and though the visuals were endlessly inferior then, and I couldn't jump, the life I was leading was somehow more involving, and the people I met had more to say than moaning about knee injuries.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Why I'm obsessed with... Fable

Postby Imaduck » 21 Jan 2013, 18:03

We seem to a have a real deluge of wonderful new site members these days :roll:
Imaduck 58

Postby chunkysatsuma » 21 Jan 2013, 19:10

Sadly there seems to be a growing trend of people who think because Peter molyneux is involved they will seem cool to bash it (ignoring the fact the man is an industry legend who brought us genre defining games it still borders on juvenile).

The fable series is brilliant, I adore skyrim as well, they are different enough for me to love each equally for their various merits. Fable has amazing humour, a world I want to live in, great characters and relatively simple but addictive gameplay. The jump from 1 to 2 was astounding, 3 is the weakest but I still invested 20 hours into my first play through and adored it (anyone saying they did it in six hours and did all side quests is telling porkies, the gnomes in fable 2 and flowers in fable 3 are harder than that to find)

To the eegit who claimed those liking fable can not have played other games grow up, the one good thing about achievements is it keeps track of games you have played, check mine I have around 70,000 and played tons of games on my 360, steam account and even psn account and fable is still one of my fave game series!

Also it got both my parents into computer games and my dad now owns an Xbox, someone who used to think games were a total waste of time!
chunkysatsuma 42

Postby divinebeetle » 21 Jan 2013, 21:02

I quite enjoyed Fable. Didn't get caught up in the hype at the time, but it was good for what it was.

Shame the series seemed to steadily decline
divinebeetle 37

Previous