Why I'm obsessed with... Fable

Your comments on our articles.

Eight years on, and we never caught a single chicken...

It was in the 26th hour of Skyrim that the hankering first took hold. Not that the sheer majesty of that game wasn't gob-smacking, just that I felt I'd been here before, and though the visuals were endlessly inferior then, and I couldn't jump, the life I was leading was somehow more involving, and the people I met had more to say than moaning about knee injuries.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Re: Why I'm obsessed with... Fable

Postby Black Mantis » 20 Jan 2013, 23:28

Snap! I just started playing Fable: The Lost Chapters today on PC. Pleasantly surprised that it still looks decent and the Fable charm is still there.
Black Mantis 67

Postby Coulson1990 » 21 Jan 2013, 00:28

Fable games deserve no credit. All were overhyped cess buckets. Just a vessel for Peter to spread more lies. Fable 1 is short as. It didn't take me long to max all sidequests. 2 was god awful with the worse final boss in history. 3 was just 2 with more celebrities. Nothing new. The kinect spin off which wasn't on rails was on rails. Fable is an RPG but a poor one.
Coulson1990 44

Postby squiddly » 21 Jan 2013, 00:31

Coulson1990 wrote:Fable games deserve no credit. All were overhyped cess buckets. Just a vessel for Peter to spread more lies. Fable 1 is short as. It didn't take me long to max all sidequests. 2 was god awful with the worse final boss in history. 3 was just 2 with more celebrities. Nothing new. The kinect spin off which wasn't on rails was on rails. Fable is an RPG but a poor one.

At last someone on here with some sense. I think people that like fable havent played anything else.
squiddly 52

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 21 Jan 2013, 00:40

People that like Fable haven't played anything else? :| Ah right thanks for clearing that one up! I thought it was just that everyone is different and therefore have different tastes and opinions.
Mmmmgrolsch 75

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby Imaduck » 21 Jan 2013, 00:45

Ino rite Grolsch?
Imaduck 58

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 21 Jan 2013, 04:49

squiddly wrote:
Coulson1990 wrote:Fable games deserve no credit. All were overhyped cess buckets. Just a vessel for Peter to spread more lies. Fable 1 is short as. It didn't take me long to max all sidequests. 2 was god awful with the worse final boss in history. 3 was just 2 with more celebrities. Nothing new. The kinect spin off which wasn't on rails was on rails. Fable is an RPG but a poor one.

At last someone on here with some sense. I think people that like fable havent played anything else.

So, what? You just completely incapable of understanding the idea and concept of an opinion and how they can vary from person to person... or you're just someone who believes to have superior taste and think the world revolves around what you believe is best?

Fable was definitely a disappointment when it turned up. I wish I could say it was underrated but the game length compared to what they were hyping it up to be just kept it from being great to me. Definitely enjoyable though, in my opinion.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby illage2 » 21 Jan 2013, 07:11

I loved the Original Fable. Telling people to Kiss my Arse and showing them the finger :D funny times!
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby goggy » 21 Jan 2013, 10:53

Spot on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby Sherlock Houses » 21 Jan 2013, 11:58

Loved Fable 1 myself, fable 2 I thought was probably a bit better, whilst 3 is definitely the weakest, but going back to it just last year it's actually still a good game, just not above 6/7 out of ten. I like how you are just put in this world and can do basically anything you want with the emphasis being on fun. It might help that I was only about 14/15 when fable 1 came out so the immature humour was up my street. Look forward to a fourth to be honest, with Peter gone it'll be interesting to see what is conjured up.
Sherlock Houses 27

Postby StonecoldMC » 21 Jan 2013, 12:02

Fable has been a brilliant series on the Xbox, yes, even the Third one (it wasn't that bad!) and I cant wait to see what Lionhead bring to the table without Peter M guiding them. Worse/Better who knows? Its gonna be Fun finding out though :D !
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby Queen Skillage » 21 Jan 2013, 12:29

Stonecold and ilovenewtech, separated at birth?
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby StonecoldMC » 21 Jan 2013, 12:37

"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 82
Global Moderator

Postby cowboybibop » 21 Jan 2013, 13:21

You played up to 26 hours of Skyrim?? Geez...

I have a festish for hating Skyrim. Or maybe... it's just the most over-hyped game ever, and i can't deal with the ammount of prizes and money Zenimax\Bethesda have gathered.

But well... Fable seems to have much more talent involved than Skyrim, so... good choice dude.

P.S. For all the Skyrim lovers reply... go marry a Dark Elf, so you can sneak at night as a werewolf and kill all the neighbours, before returning to your daily job as a Cook, in order to deal with my criticism. And while you're on it... go f**k yourselves you stupid c**ts that pay for a defective product, that is now going to influence the minds of most of the publishers in this industry.
cowboybibop 32

Postby Barry316 » 21 Jan 2013, 13:43

Well, as long as you're happy and healthy eh.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby MrPirtniw » 21 Jan 2013, 16:54

The first Fable game was fantastic- if you have a sense of humour that is. There wasn't anything else like it at the time. Fable 2 was also good, but that was when Lionhead decided that not being able to die was a good idea. Fable 3... yeah... a bit too dumbed down and one of the most glitchy games I've played online- it's hilarious. But not really in the good way.

I hope Fable 4 becomes as open as Skyrim but with the charm and setting of the original games with a meatier combat system. I wasn't so keen on the Fable 3's industrial revolution setting. And the armour didn't look as cool.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

PreviousNext